Best vacation spots?

Options
2»

Replies

• taylmarie
    taylmarie Posts: 161
    Options
    Playa Samara, Costa Rica.

I lived in Hawaii for 3 years on Oahu (where waikiki/ honolulu are) but prefer the islands of Kauai or Maui.

Ahhhh, vacation :)
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Cancun! Family, beach.... how could it get better :smile:
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    Blowing Rock, North Carolina. Hiking, mountain climbing, zip lining, white water rafting, and gem mining! I love it! Heading back up there soon.

Second to that, a beach anywhere =)
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I love San Francisco (I was born there). Hawaii is ok if you don't mind the crowds. I had a blast in Chicago. It is a fun city.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Jamaica was my absolute favorite vacation.

If you're looking for cheaper and super fun - Las Vegas
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    Costa Rica has been my favorite as of recent (Feb 2010). Zip Lining, rainforest, monkeys, all-inclusive...

Hawaii - Big Island, Kona Village (Sept 2006, honeymoon). Unfortunately the entire resort got destroyed in the tsunami... Maui was fun too, more adventurous versus Kona being all relaxation.

I live in Colorado though so almost every weekend is a mini-vacation for me :D

Grew up in Chicago, agree that it's a fun city. Plan your visit around if you would rather have the humidity and heat OR sub-zero can't-breathe-temps :D There is more to do in the Spring/Summer/Fall obviously...
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Coming from someone who went on a 6 week vacation, I was in Asia.

426413_602908699741_77001642_31944158_353622450_n.jpg

This was from Boracay, Philippines and I absolutely loved it! Beautiful water and everything was dirty cheap. After coming to this beach, I can't go anywhere else except for the top beaches in the world "category". (Too lazy to resize)

Bora Bora on the other hand is on my list of places and might be saving that one for a special occasion

four-season-hotel-boar-bora.jpg
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This summer I went to Cuzco - Peru to visit Macchu Picchu.

Must say it was one of the most wornderful places I've ever seen, I would go back over and over again. It's magical
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Cozumel ~ we go twice a year to scuba dive. :heart: :love: :heart:
  • bolsaguns
    bolsaguns Posts: 100
    Options
    Cook islands
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    New Zealand! Went to the North Island a couple of years ago, rented a campervan & travelled for 3 weeks stopping off where ever we wanted. Beautiful, beautiful country. I tell people we ran out of 'Wow's' after the first couple of days.:bigsmile:

Next year we go to South Island. Can't wait!!!!!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    This years places are:

May - Talladega Alabama - NASCAR race
    July - Phoenix, AZ - Grandkids
    August - Titusville, PA - Son and my 30th year class reunion.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    San Diego !:heart:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Any place with an all inclusive resort and a beach.... and lots of booze can't hurt... ;-)

Why should I have to worry about anything other than when I have to be to the airport for a week...
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    For me, nothing beats chartering a sailboat and cruising the Virgin Islands.

marina_cay600.jpg
    mini-MRS-BVI-032008_-292.jpg