If $$$ were no issue, what would you do with yourself?

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Volunteer helping women coming out of domestic violence/homelessness situations learn life skills to help get them back on their feet - basic computer skills, managing a basic budget, presenting themselves, cooking meals, etc.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I would buy a huge company. I would then disguise myself and work in the lower ranks making the company a better place to work firing one ****wad at a time.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I would work a horse rescue and also more full time work on our non profit Heart On a String.org
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    OH and travel. Show my son the world and appreciate life
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I would self love myself with $100 dollar bills. Then I would go to Denny's and order the grand slam.
    I would pay for this with one of the $100 dollar bills, and leave another one as a tip.

When I got to the register I would say, "keep the change" and give a little wink.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    ps. thanks for asking this great question. It makes us think about what is really important in life.

No probs at all... It was exactly that reason (whats important in life) that made me start thinking about it and so I wanted to ask!

For me, I'd spend my time either travelling or renovating houses. I love travelling and experiencing different cultures and I'd like to spend more time doing that - and throwing in a bit of philanthropy while I'm at it - and then when I'm tired and wanting to 'stop' for a while, I'd head home to work on the house. I love the feeling of acheivement when you can see what your hard work has accomplished... Also the challenge of breaking the big tasks down and conquering it bit by bit...

Sort of like weight loss - which we'd also need to focus on because of all the beautiful food we'd eat both while overseas and at home!

It's just so sad to have to spend so much time in the drudgery of a 'job' when we could all be acheiving so much more! I know I am sooo much more productive and successful when I'm working on something I enjoy... Which isn't office work!

BTW, I'm humbled by all the people who want to volunteer in some way to make the world a better place... You are all amazing people. I hope I can find a cause to be that passionate about in the future
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I would do the same thing I'm doing now but in a nicer house and with a nicer car. oh and I would take more vacations to play in the mud ;)
  • Brechin89
    Brechin89 Posts: 92
    Options
    This is too easy, I would travel the world and do random fun things... Ride ATV's, but some super nice rides and just live a thrill life... Chicks digs scars, speed, and stupidness
  • Danidelion
    Danidelion Posts: 70
    Options
    I'd travel until I could travel no more (this all while I'm at goal weight and have a fantastic, hot boyfriend....ah dreams).

Agreed. On the travel part anyway. lol
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    travel for sure!!! just buy a bunch of houses in various countries...learn some languages and become global minded :D
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I would go on tour with my friends and follow the band we love all over the world. Of course they would be compensated with their regular salary so they could take the time off.

Then when they weren't on tour, I'd have my own business to help homeless animals, battered women, and homeless people that truly want a fresh start (they have to work for room and board, and food and going back to school)

then I'd make my artsy crap to sell on Etsy.
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It'd give me the capital I need to get a real workshop/studio and a storefront as opposed to drawing on my couch and sewing on the kitchen table! I'd travel all over the world, especially Asia.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Money is no issue and I do not have to work; first six months bring my buddy and his family to the same state I am in {pay all expenses} revamp the business plan I have and begin the proto-type of a survival “tool” I have envisioned and drafted. I would also sponsor several MFP events for those that have supported me along this journey. Second six month get the proto-type into production along with the purchase of a small town bordering on some National Forest land. Year two is building the homestead and getting the land established for sustained independent living and getting the “tool” placed into the broad market. The hope would be within five years I could live mainly off the land and have some long term supported income and set up trust funds for the kiddos in my life.
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    Options
    Travel the world!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I would...I would...

I could while away the hours,conferring with the flowers, consulting with the rain. And my head I'd be scratching while my thoughts were busy hatching,.....if I only had a brain.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I would work out, write, clean and travel.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Race in a Rally Car or Touring Car and open a Dog Rehabilitation facility and Gym.
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    I am a Travel Agent, so I have seen some of the most beautiful countries and islands in the world. I would buy a beach house in West Bay, Roatan Honduras, another beach house in Belize, another beach house in Riviera Maya, MX, and another beach house in Kauai, Hawaii. I would divide up my time equally between the beach houses and travel in my new top of the line 45 foot RV! I would sell Travel as a hobby, buy a new Caddy, buy my hubby a new wakeboard boat and donate to several churches....... the list goes on and on...........
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I would volunteer at a language center, to help people learn a new one, or improve the ones they need to use. Volunteer so I could go when I wanted, sleep in when I want, and play video games when I want.

Also I'd love to keep a fresh and clean house, immaculate yard, and delicious meals all day. :) Housewife is where it's at in my mind.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    SO MUCH! If I had the money I would go to school forever and learn everything about everything - seriously. I would also like to learn a martial art of some kind, spend more time dancing, enter ballroom dance competitions, go back to horseback riding, maybe buy a horse or buy a farm so we can have tons of animals. I could probably go on but that sounds busy enough I think! :laugh: