Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What if your SO doesn't exercise?

124»

Replies

• Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    I take it you're not married. Find a significant other who lives like you want to. People change. Hard to change if your so doesn't want to.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    my girlfriend nags me about not exercising usually i just lay on my back and cry till my ears fill with tears then i only hear what sounds like the ocean and iam happy again...
  • Carol_27
    Carol_27 Posts: 40
    I totally understand. My partner is the same. He's got a beer gut going and is rarely active. I can't stand it since i am SUPER active as I have been going to the gym 4-5 days per week plus running and hiking. He also lied to me for 4 years straight telling me he quit smoking and I found out recently he still smokes. It turns me off big time and its hard to deal with. It can be almost embarrassing since I have been trying my hardest to live a healthy, fit lifestyle. Sometimes I feel conceited about how I feel and that makes me feel crappy.

You should never have to feel crappy about feeling good about yourself, thats ridiculous - it sounds like maybe you two are on different stages in your life (which is really serious) I was in a 8yr relationship with someone and when we started living together I started matching him bite for bite (he had bad eating habits) and i gained so much weight that i couldnt fit into any of my clothes (i had a huge closet full of clothes that I could only look at) needless to say I got on south beach diet, got a personal trainer (in 3 months got into supermodel body) and then all the true colors of the relationship came out - we broke up 2months later (i couldnt take it anymore) and now in less than 2 months I am marrying the man of my dreams (he works out 6 days a week/non-smoker/healthy lifestyle and attitude - im a better person becuase of him) re-evaluate your life choices and go for what you really want.