Looking for 1200 cals a day friends

Options

Replies

• wendyrvp
    wendyrvp Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1100-1200 is my daily goal. This is per my doctor's order. I have tried eating more and just do not lose. I worked with trainers and dieticians who insisted I need to eat more than this to lose and it did not work. Most days it is not too hard, but somedays it can be touch-- especially if I get cravings. Occasionally I go over but not too often. I also don't eat back my exercise calories or I will not lose. That is just me... and I believe all our bodies work a little different.
    Please add me. Its nice to have others who are aiming for similar goals.
    :)

Wendy
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    1200 a day ...feel free to add :)
  • sharlowbrla
    sharlowbrla Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm on my first week, fifth day and feeling really tired. At least I am still hanging in there. This is an amazing site. As a lifelong dieter it definitely helps to journal your food. You think twice about eating something if you know you have to write it down. Im planning on weighing weekly. Unfortuately mother in law wants to go to a $65 Mothers day brunch where I know i will want to get my money's worth, old habits die hard, and then have to weigh in on Monday. Hmmm. Maybe i will change it to Friday. Anyhoo. Will welcome any tips for newbies. Im at 1200 calories a day also.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I'm based in the UK and would love to hear from people who are also following the 1200 cals a day plan, feel free to add me as friend :-)

Thx,
    Anita

Please work out and up your calories, you can not live on that. I'm 5'2" and started at 135lbs, now I weigh 114. I eat close to 2,000 calories a day....this is about losing weight and not depriving your self so that you can succeed. Best of luck to you.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1200 cals a day. 1200 calories does not have to mean starving. As a matter of fact when eating the right food I have to force myself to eat it all. Lean meats and vegetables go a long way.
    Yes it is. Unless you 5' and weigh 98 lbs, your body needs more than 1200 calories just to operate, let alone fuel your workouts.

Signed,
    Losing weight and inches at 2550 calories a day.
  • Froudone
    Froudone Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm on the 1200 a day and have a difficult time eating 1200 calories! Am I nuts or what? But I'm still having trouble losing weight... I know, I know, trainer says not eating enough calories makes your body hold on to them... but geez, I can't eat that much!
  • chrisb75
    Options
    I'm on the 1200 a day and have a difficult time eating 1200 calories! Am I nuts or what? But I'm still having trouble losing weight... I know, I know, trainer says not eating enough calories makes your body hold on to them... but geez, I can't eat that much!
    Eat eggs, nuts, and full fat versions of everything. Believe me, once you kick start your metabolism you will not have to worry about filling calories. I am routinely 50-100 OVER my 2550, but I am still losing weight.
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Wow. This is horrible. I doubt that there are very many people alive that can eat 1200 a day and actually be healthy. It seems sad to me that this is a thing. Do it if you want to, but I don't think it's healthy. 1200 a day, even from the medical community is minimally surviving for most people. Again, take it for what it's worth. Check out fat2fitradio.com. Most of you would probably be more in the 1800 to 2100 calorie range.

I so agree with this. The best thing I ever did for my health and for my weight loss was to read up about eating more (although what I really mean is - eating the correct amount) to lose weight.

I've increased my goal calories from 1200 per day to 1800. Still losing weight. Not having sugar cravings. Better skin. No headaches. No IBS attacks. Plenty of energy.

I like the calculator at fat2fitradio but find http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ easier and still works out about the same number of calories per day.

Work out your proper calorie allowance and eat up.
  • johannajebediah
    johannajebediah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i'm doing 1200 cals/day as well! i find the trick is keeping meals between 300-400 cals and trying not to snack too much, or eating low-calorie snacks.
    feel free to add me but please include a short message (1 sentence is fine :))
  • chrisb75
    Options
    Wow. This is horrible. I doubt that there are very many people alive that can eat 1200 a day and actually be healthy. It seems sad to me that this is a thing. Do it if you want to, but I don't think it's healthy. 1200 a day, even from the medical community is minimally surviving for most people. Again, take it for what it's worth. Check out fat2fitradio.com. Most of you would probably be more in the 1800 to 2100 calorie range.

I so agree with this. The best thing I ever did for my health and for my weight loss was to read up about eating more (although what I really mean is - eating the correct amount) to lose weight.

I've increased my goal calories from 1200 per day to 1800. Still losing weight. Not having sugar cravings. Better skin. No headaches. No IBS attacks. Plenty of energy.

I like the calculator at fat2fitradio but find http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ easier and still works out about the same number of calories per day.

Work out your proper calorie allowance and eat up.
    THIS ^^^^

Everyone in this thread should read this:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/set-points-settling-points-and-bodyweight-regulation-part-1.html

"In any case, perhaps the classic study in this regards is the Minnesota semi-starvation study, a 6 month study undertaken during the mid 20th century where a number of lean male war objectors were placed on 50% of their maintenance calories for the entire time while forced to engage in quite a bit of daily activity (5-6 miles walking per day).

In that study, after reaching the lower limits of human body fat levels (about 5%) and showing a host of adaptations (including an obsession with food), the men showed uncontrolled hunger when food was made available and rapidly ate themselves back up beyond their initial body fat level."
  • mel128
    mel128 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 too and from the UK! Feel free to add me.
  • KLD81230
    KLD81230 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am a lifelong vegetarian, sticking with 1200 (pretty easily -- I eat very clean, so that means lots of volume for little calories) and would LOVE to have more friends that are in this range! I like to looks at food diaries for inspiration and it's hard when they are up in the 1800-2000+ range! :)

Please feel free to add me!
  • LHG776
    LHG776 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am on the 1200 cals a day since late January and have lost 24 lbs. Have about 20+ more to go. I absolutely love the MFP app because it makes it easy, in fact some nights I looking to fill the last 150 calories other times I go over just a little. Feel free to add me.
  • megelis81
    megelis81 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am 5'7 189lbs (Lost 16 Lbs in 2 months) doing 1200 calories a day. Thats 2 Lbs a week of Weight Loss. Some days I go a little over, some days I do a little less than 1200. Most nutritionist will tell you you can loose up to 2 lbs a week and be OK.

Its all about what you eat and put in your body. I eat lean meats, veggies and lots of fruit. I dont snack on a lot of sugary or starchy stuff. I feel full at the end of the day. And if I dont feel full and am hungry I EAT something! Simple as that.

Example Day for me is:

Breakfast
    Iced Latte - Soy Milk
    Greek Yogurt

Snack
    Cup of Fresh Pineapple

Lunch
    Lean Chicken Breast
    Veggie
    Cup of Fresh Fruit

Snack
    5-6 Strawberries or a Mango
    2 Twizzlers

Dinner
    Lean Meat
    Veggies
    Brown Rice
    4 Organic Chocolate Chip Cookies - Newmans Own

All of that usually ends of being 1200 Calories, Is that NOT healthy or am I starving myself? I really dont think so...
  • VanessL3
    VanessL3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 too. It raises when I work out so sometimes I let myself go over a little. Feel free to add me!
  • megelis81
    megelis81 Posts: 6
    Options
    Oh... and sometimes I even sneak a Donut in there! And can still end up with 1200 a day! and am NOT starving myself :)
  • MissManicPanic
    MissManicPanic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm based in the UK and would love to hear from people who are also following the 1200 cals a day plan, feel free to add me as friend :-)

Thx,
    Anita

I too
    Am on 1200 a day I do exercise and gain more however so I can have a few naughty things like chocolate and pizza ;)
  • Amh32290
    Amh32290 Posts: 65
    Options
    I stick right around 1200 a day also, feel free to add me.
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    I am! It was 1270, but I reset it and now it's 1200. I've only had it like this for 2 days so add me if you'd like!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have 1200 for dinner sometimes. Does that count? ^_^