Sweaty girls at the gym-hot or not?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I got no problem with sweating ladies! It's pretty hot to me :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The guys who are hitting the gym won't be approaching the girl with her makeup on who still looks fresh after 20 minutes. They'll be approaching the girls who look like they're preparing for war. Because if you notice, that's how most guys there do it. And any girl compatible with them is going to be hitting the same intensity they do.

As others have said, if you're not sweating and still looking fresh, you're doing something wrong.
  • DMarkSwan
    DMarkSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Everyone is going to hate me. I'm honestly just trying to be helpful.

It depends. Soaked gray sweats might be a liability. Dripping sweat in form fitting, moisture wicking clothes, seriously hot. There is nothing wrong with trying to maximize your appearance while working out as long as it doesn't hurt the workout. A somewhat low cut shirt looks better sweaty than a ratty old T-shirt. That's not to say there is anything wrong with a woman who works out in a ratty old T-shirt, not everyone cares how they look working out and there is nothing wrong with that either.

I saw some very hot pictures in the "What do yo look like after a workout..." thread. Look through it and see which ones you like better, just like you might notice what other women look good in at a bar.
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm always a mess after I work out. But I love it. I don't go to the gym to impress anyone. I go for myself and I don't consider it a work out until I'm dripping sweat.

You make an excellent point and I totally agree!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    if i workout and dont look like **** when im done i feel like i was unsuccessful with my workout....but when im dripping sweat and gross im all happy and feeling great due to the fact i know i had an awesome workout!!

^^^^THIS!!!!

I only feel accomplished when I'm red in the face and my shirt is completely drenched... To hell with the potential high beams... =___=; I can't do anything about that problem anyway. *Sigh*
  • jfields42
    jfields42 Posts: 27
    Options
    Honestly if a girl is cute dry she'll only get cuter sweaty. SO I guess I don't have a problem with it at all. As long as you don't mind sweaty guys. I have no problem sweating through 2 shirts and part of my shorts on cardio days. I'm a friggin' mess.

my sentiments exactly.
  • hthrld
    hthrld Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm a hot mess when I'm done at the gym! I'm talking red face, dripping with sweat, underboob sweat, everything. I love going hard at the gym because when I'm done i feel the best about myself. Yet during my workout I feel a little awkward. I'm self-conscious about running because things jiggle (lol), and I think I look weird running. But I don't let that stop me. :)
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Some how I think most guys would find you attractive sweaty or not. Could be the guy in me.
  • sunshine91479
    sunshine91479 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have asked my trainer about this phenomenon as well. The response I got was this -

Think of it this way if you and a your guy are all hot and heavy in the bedroom. He is either sweating on you or you are somewhat sweating on him. So some guys enjoy it because they automatically think of the bedroom. Others can appreciate a good workout. You will never know the true googly eye while dripping and pouring sweat after your workouts. Because some men just aren't gonna come up off the answer.

I say I feel great if I am pouring sweat off me after working out. Because it means that I have done it right and my heart rate has stayed where it was suppose to long enough to make me sweat. And like so many others have said - who cares whether these guys are looking at us with lust in their eyes. We know why we are there. We should be proud that we have turned their heads, I guess. Some are just gross though.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    my favorite NSV was when I worked up such a sweat doing cardio that it wet the front and back of my t-shirt...I had this cool V in the front and my back was just soaked..YAY ME! That is what I go to the gym for :) What a great feeling, even if I have to smell myself till I get home and hit the shower!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    It is what is under the sweat that counts... No, I'm not referring to intimacies.. . Rather, I refer to how the workout is accomplishing its goals. Of course, I don't go to the gym to find great looking ladies (I am married with a child)... nor if I were unmarried would I reject a lady with a great personality just because her body did not meet certain guidelines... What I admire at the gym is the athletic build that we are all working toward...
  • NikOrr
    NikOrr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yeah its hot
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I sweat, i get redfaced,i make seriously ugly faces on the last few reps, i do draw the line at grunting , but my pony tail holder matches my socks.