Before & After Photo Update (PICTURE)

Options
bjohs
bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
For those of you who know me or have been my MFP during this journey, you know that I reached my goal weight last year of 121.0 lbs. I gained 10 lbs over the past few months with the holidays, vacation and being sick (just a stubborn head cold and sinus infection). Below is a comparison from where I started in January 2010 and where I am today. The photo on the right was taken yesterday, in fact. :)

Although I still want to lose the 10 lbs I've gained... I'm happy with my progress even with the ups and downs. I've learned a lot during the past 2.5 years and one of them is not to beat myself up about every little weight gain. I just need to look at this photo to know that even with the extra weight... I still look much healthier, happier (and dare I say younger?) than I did two years ago! I'm a 44 year old mother of two, 5'2" and 44 years old.

My message: Keep doing what you're doing! Don't worry about how far you have left to go. Celebrate how far you have come!

before_after002.jpg

My journey: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bjohs/view/down-30-pounds-response-to-questions-114202

Edit to add former before/after photo

beforeafter_03.jpg

Replies

• Bullygirl30
    Bullygirl30 Posts: 82
    Options
    Fabulous work you look amazing!
  • bjohs
    Options
    Fabulous work you look amazing!

Thank you, Bullygirl30! I was feeling a little down a couple weeks ago and needed a reality check. Although I'm not at my goal weight right now... I'm still leaps and bounds over where I started. :)
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Inspiration!!!
  • bjohs
    Options
    Inspiration!!!

Thanks, Sum38! I would not be where I am today (body and mind) without the support of my awesome MFP's! They know just when I need a good kick in the *kitten*. :)
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Such a wonderful example!!
  • RabiaQureshi
    RabiaQureshi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    wow you are looking so good ! I inspired a lot coz my weight is 160 and targeted weight is 130 and I was visualising my self while watching your pics that I can also looks good as u after loosing weight: ) any advice to achieve my goal?
  • Kyarama
    Kyarama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great work :)
    Your progress is clear and I can recognize your hard working in order to live healthier :)
    Keep it up , so proud of you :)
  • JustMichelleB
    JustMichelleB Posts: 290
    Options
    INcredible!!
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Beautiful girl with a great personal success!
  • busterrocks
    busterrocks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look great and have accomplished so much! Your updates really help keep me focused, so thank you for being so dedicated and encouraging. :)
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous! Your story is an inspiration to me. I at at the 20 lb weight loss point and the scale is not moving. Stress for this week had be doing the bare minimum. Thanks for the reminder I need to celebrate the lbs in 4 months...not keep beating myself up!
  • Kimberleycommonname
    Kimberleycommonname Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You definitely don't look 44. You've made huge progress over the last 2.5 years, well done. =)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!! You look amazing my friend! Thank you for inspiring me and so many others!!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You are a gorgeous woman. In fact, you look beautiful in all your photos. You look great now. Congrats on your weight loss. Very inspiring!!
  • CABA01
    CABA01 Posts: 33
    Options
    You look very good, also with the 10 lbs. You will soon have reached your goal!
  • charlene_K
    charlene_K Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great work! Thanks for sharing this....It's very inspiring!
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    you look AWESOME!
  • dorothypatrice
    Options
    Wow ! You look great! Good for you!
  • mordacious
    mordacious Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Beautiful. I really hope I can look as young as you do at 44.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!