Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels???

Replies

• jamface11
    jamface11 Posts: 87
    Damn I have a jar of nutella in the cupboard that is calling out to me now :P I would rather be fit and still enjoy my treats.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Not sure if everyone noted the new rule change, but this applies now:

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

--

And to OP. Not a fan of Nutella but I do love me some PB. :smile:
  • Moeincognito
    Moeincognito Posts: 126
    Ohman 8| I have a treat cupboard full of chocolate that I avoid like the plague XD Nutella is my thing tho especially on pancakes ;_; I miss that!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Not sure if everyone noted the new rule change, but this applies now:

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

--

And to OP. Not a fan of Nutella but I do love me some PB. :smile:

^^this
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    I don't know what skinny feels like.

I also don't know what Nutella tastes like.

I FEEL SO LEFT OUT
  • Briii22
    Briii22 Posts: 13
    Nutella is alright.,but Peanut Butter is better. I wish I knew what being skinny felt like. Oh well. One of these days, right? (:
  • moonlightturk
    moonlightturk Posts: 398
    Think of it this way..How many times have you ate that food you're dying to eat but is unhealthy? Like Nutella? Personally, I've eaten it way too many times and already know what it tastes like.
    On the other hand, I've never been skinny. I've never felt how it feels to be skinny.
    Wouldn't you want to try the new thing?
  • Whoever said that has obviously never had cheesecake. Mmmm.

This!!!!

And I think that everything in moderation is just fine! Life is too short to be completely deprived of cheesecake =)

And Nutella.....YUM!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    I tried to quote this, but something went wrong:

QUOTE: I sound insensitive because I'm from the clean plate generation --- as though American children licking their plates clean somehow saved the starving children in China (that's where my clean plate calories were always directed). I cleaned enough plates to save an entire village...
    END QUOTE

I grew up having to clean my plate, but it always contained reasonable, healthy portions, so I can't blame my mother. I was the one who got carried away with snacking, beginning in my late-40's. I've mended my ways!

That said, I've only been skinny once, and I wouldn't go back to that. For me, nothing tastes as good as fit and healthy.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Whoever said that has obviously never had cheesecake. Mmmm.

This!!!!

And I think that everything in moderation is just fine! Life is too short to be completely deprived of cheesecake =)

And Nutella.....YUM!

:love: I now want to try making nutella cheesecake. :love:
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Nothing is more gratifying than all the extra food I get to eat after a good workout, while still losing weight AND getting stronger.

Muscles are NOT ugly. They are a part of your body, and a really important part at that. You need your muscles to continue to function on a daily basis. Muscle training is especially important for women. As we age, our body naturally loses muscle mass. Without muscles, you are going to be a really weak 50-something that probably won't be able to do much. I don't want to be a bodybuilder or anything, but being toned is beautiful. When I see a strong woman with just a hint of muscle tone without flexing, I think it is so inspiring and its the epitome of beauty for me.

Also, starving yourself is depleting your body of nutrients. This means your skin and hair will look like crap. It means that all the weight you lose will be sagging off of you because there is no muscle underneath to make it look toned.

I suffered from anorexia/bulimia for 6 years. Its foolish. Its not worth it. Your eating disorder will tell you that bones are beautiful. It will tell you that you need to lose more weight when you already are underweight. It will rob you of a life and it will rob you of your happiness. When I was in my worst stages, I lost all of my friends. I was too concerned about eating and not eating and working out to have time for anything else. I was depressed, my hair was falling out, my teeth rotted, I was weak, I was always sick. Its NOT worth it. My heart goes out to you girls that think that extreme calorie deficits are needed to be beautiful. You need to realize that you are already beautiful, and you are worth so much more than you even know.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    I'm much more of a savoury girl!

But a LOT of things taste better than skinny feels... I'm a rubbish skinny. Also, I can't stand the word skinny. Curvy ftw!
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Nothing tastes as good as exercise calories.

I'd rather bust my *kitten* and be able to eat what I want. Including chocolate, pizza, bacon cheeseburgers, donuts.

There you go. This ^^^^^ is all that needs to be said on the subject!
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member

I'd rather bust my *kitten* and be able to eat what I want. Including chocolate, pizza, bacon cheeseburgers, donuts.

I won't go a day without exercising because I know I want those damn exercise calories. LOVE me some food
  • ArianeBoat
    ArianeBoat Posts: 1
    She used to be a cocaine addict and probably never went to college. Who in their right mind would take nutritional advice from her? -__-
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    I'm going to use that 'Nothing tastes as good as exercise calories'! :laugh:

I chose to stop losing weight when I got to skinny, and I've put weight on since then. However, I suspect I could eat a hell of a lot and be skinny, whereas it seems Kate Moss can't. This is what I find strange: I could eat like normal and be skinny, but I'm not, and most of the skinny women I know hardly eat, but choose to do this to be skinny.

So, for me, food tastes great whatever my size and I might try out skinny again some time, but not by not eating.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member

I won't go a day without exercising because I know I want those damn exercise calories. LOVE me some food

I really do love my food including all the "bad stuff" so exercise is the key to this weight loss for me :-D
  • BrokenBarbiexoxo
    BrokenBarbiexoxo Posts: 91 Member
    What an amusing little post this turned out to be.

P.S I am perfectly aware what an Internet troll is. Obviously. I'm 26 not 86.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,243 Member
    i'd also take skinny over nutella anyday.
    annnd i'd much rather be skinny than muscular. but that is just personal opinion.
    :)

I agree! Glad I'm not the only one, lol. I always seem to get flack for that! :[
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,243 Member
    i'd also take skinny over nutella anyday.
    annnd i'd much rather be skinny than muscular. but that is just personal opinion.
    :)

ditto. muscles are ugly.

LOL! I love that, I thought that for the longest! I need you as a friend, haha. I'd rather be skinny any day than have bulgy muscles.