What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Options

Replies

• DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Went to Macaroni Grill and didn't blow my entire week's worth of hard work out the door even though everyone else was ordering huge meals. And geez, that Caesar salad is huge. Can't believe I'm even saying that.
  • Etiqueta
    Etiqueta Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Walked 2 miles with the fiancè instead of going to bed early.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Today I ran 6.5 miles (well ran most of the 6.5 miles, I did have to walk a couple of times). It was the first time I've run more than 5 miles.
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    I didn't go out to eat with the rest of the family since I already had plans for what I was going to eat for dinner tonight. It would have thrown me over my calorie goals for the day. It was hard, I wanted to spend time with them, but I knew I'd have blown it with the food.
  • jayanne0907
    jayanne0907 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I bought size 16 pants today.... I changed to a healthy lifestyle at 38 wearing a size 24 and TODAY I celebrate my 48th birthday and also celebrate that although it has been a slow journey it has been a successful journey!! I haven't worn a size 16 since 1990!!!
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Multi-tasking: Working on a research paper, exercising in between writing breaks! Quite an accomplishment, as I get distracted easily & procrastinate a LOT.

LOL This is EXACTLY the problem I'm having today!! I want to be doing anything but writing this stupid paper! I'm so looking forward to summer :grumble: :laugh: :drinker:
  • monandez
    monandez Posts: 34
    Options
    Walked for 30min. today. Could've just sat on my butt and done nothing, but decided to get out and enjoy the nice weather and kick it into gear.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I was hungry and it was time for a snack. Not to many calories left as it's a rest day and dinner is still coming later. Instead of my husbands half eaten bag of chips ( which I now find gross, but in my unhealthy days those would've been gone) or the fresh cafe bagels ( reserved for morning due to carbs) or anything else that would've put me over I actually ate a tomato! A raw tomato with a little sea salt (I know, the sodium lol) and it was so amazingly tasty!! So now I feel awesome for staying well within my limit and being healthy and being satisfied!! :happy:
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    went to hot yoga this morning and I was able to push my flexibility limits a bit more than usual... I may even be able to do the "bird of paradise", hand and head stand, among other poses soon! :bigsmile:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I worked and did a good job.
  • rader1
    rader1 Posts: 13
    Options
    I said no to red velvet cupcakes!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Ran 6.5 miles (no stopping or walking) in 67 minutes. Longest distance I've run since 1998!
  • ElisaRazz
    ElisaRazz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    went to my 6am outdoor bootcamp session and it was -3.5 degrees C
    SO COLD!
  • NathBeaudoin
    Options
    I kept focus on my goal. Write nice note to people I like and admire. I receive also nice note from people who appreciate me! :)
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Did a 10.77 mile run/walk - even though I was tired, it was too hot, too late, I'd had a really busy weekend - and there were plenty of reasons for excuses not to go!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    This technically happened yesterday since it is only 730am here...

I climbed 100 floors!!!

AH MAH GAH!!!! Did your legs feel like Jello after?

Not bad! I didn't do it in one straight shot. It started out with going back up to my apartment a number of times for the items we kept forgetting. Then we went on a hilly terrain hike to see a waterfall. The terrain goes up and down a bunch of times. The park service has steps, bridges, and paths the whole way. My fitbit doesn't measure downward steps but measured upward steps. That outing alone equaled 58 floors. Then we went to a resort for water tubing. Somehow I got more steps there going in and of different buildings. When I got home, I had 62 floors. Hubby convinced me to go next door to the high rise apartments and finish out the rest. It took me about 20 minutes. Since the downwards steps dont count towards the floor badge and I wasn't aiming for a steps badge, I admit...I did go down the elevator to catch my breath between sets.

I expected my legs to ache today. They don't. I wasn't a gym rat until 3 months ago. I guess the squats and lunges in Zumba and the 30 Day Shred have helped!

My shoulder and back, on the other hand, ache from the water tubing. Go figure!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I bought my first bikini in 10 plus years today...it's hanging on my closet door patiently waiting for me to reach my final goal! Can't wait!
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Said no to the free dessert at the mother's day dinner today and it looked so damn good!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I danced on my back deck, in my bikini in the sunshine today, and nobody could tell me not to. :)
  • cncersux
    cncersux Posts: 15
    Options
    This morning I ran 15km in just over an hour and a half!