What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Options

Replies

• mcleodconnor
    Options
    Set up an orienteering course that is almost 2 miles long. Afterward I actually did it for a total of 4 miles walked. Then when I got home I ran for half an hour on the treadmill c:
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I hiked for the first time in about 20 years. A real hike. About 3 hours. Amazing! I didn't think I had it in me.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I danced on my back deck, in my bikini in the sunshine today, and nobody could tell me not to. :)
    :D

my favorite response!
  • flumpkin9958
    flumpkin9958 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it yet but tonight I will be doing my 4th dancing lesson and i am really enjoying it, it makes me feel great, I look forward to going and i am accidentally exercising too!:happy:
  • 150forMe
    150forMe Posts: 4
    Options
    I walked for 35 min on my treadmill this morning, but for 1 mile of it, I actually ran/jogged!! My very first full mile of jogging! I plan on repeating that very soon! EUPHORIA!!!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    ran my first 5k race and beat my pb by a lot :)
  • bellieff
    bellieff Posts: 43
    Options
    i went to a family barbeque today and i didnt eat anything there! they had polish dogs, chips, baked beans, pie and ice cream, and i stayed away from all of it because i brought leftovers from last nights dinner to eat instead. i had asparagus, and grilled shrimp. i also brought some blueberries to snack on. Very proud i didnt give into the desserts! i "rewarded" myself by coming home and mixing plain non fat greek yogurt with vanilla, splenda, peanut butter, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. it was so good and a much better choice than pie and ice cream!
  • lcsmith1022
    lcsmith1022 Posts: 10
    Options
    I ran four miles and broke the 20lbs lost marker today!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Completed RI30 Level 2 and 30DS Level 3 back to back and I actually managed to do all the lifting reps. My arms were on fire and they'll hurt tomorrow, but I did it. And I burned over 500 calories. I feel like quite the badass.

ETA: I also made the pickle salad to go with our Vietnamese dinner theme this week and I chopped up chicken hearts and got them in the dehydrator with some chicken feet and I did the dogs' nails and I flossed.
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    Hugged my kids. Kissed them. Was thanked by my husband for making our house a home. :) Went out to dinner to our fave Japanese hibachi restaurant and instead of getting the huge steak/shrimp, noodles, fried rice dinner I used to get - I ordered sushi, edamame, and a salad... a glass of wine, and LOVED it!
  • kodaks
    kodaks Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I went to the movies with a friend - and did not take a single bite of popcorn. Throwing out a full bag of popcorn feels a lot better than regretting it in the future.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Logged food and exercise for the 30th day in a row; was in food range and exceeded minimum exercise.
  • goddamnelectric
    Options
    Ran for 2 miles with no walking today. Probably not much for most, but I have bad ankles and they held in there today! Yay
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    i went to a family barbeque today and i didnt eat anything there! they had polish dogs, chips, baked beans, pie and ice cream, and i stayed away from all of it because i brought leftovers from last nights dinner to eat instead. i had asparagus, and grilled shrimp. i also brought some blueberries to snack on. Very proud i didnt give into the desserts! i "rewarded" myself by coming home and mixing plain non fat greek yogurt with vanilla, splenda, peanut butter, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. it was so good and a much better choice than pie and ice cream!
    I like your dinner better! Hope you enjoyed it! (And you get the long term benefits too!)
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    went roller blading for 30minutes and only fell once.
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My ten-year-old daughter asked to go for a run with me today because she had to miss her two school running club runs this week. So we ran 2.5 miles in 30 minutes and what makes me proud is knowing that she could have ran me into the ground today. ;) Clearly all the soccer she plays has helped her.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I have worked out plenty of times when I have been dog tired because I made a commitment to myself that tired or busy will not be an excuse I use. I have been 100% faithful to that. But tonight, I am not working out. Why? Because I have learned to recognize when my body needs the rest. It's not about being tired because it was a long day. It's about knowing when I overdid the exercise and recognizing my body's cues. Maybe that seems like a strange thing to be proud of but I like that I went from exercise being somewhat of a dirty word to working out 5-6 days a week and now having just enough experience that I tell when to take those rest days according to my workout needs and not for convenience sake or just because I don't feel like it. I've taken that commitment to myself seriously and have not taken a rest day that was not planned but today I know my body needs it to make the most out of what I've done and to avoid injury. It's a good feeling to be able to tell the difference!
  • sivankeren
    sivankeren Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great job everybody!
    Today I was on a trip, where everybody eats junk like chips and doritos, but I ate none of it!
  • sublxed
    sublxed Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i passed up on the pizza, cake and ice cream at work today
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Started back on curcuit training today! Woohoo!