Working mom needs kid friendly crock pot recipe's!!

Options

Replies

• orr_stacie
    orr_stacie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump
  • orr_stacie
    orr_stacie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    All these recipes sound scrumptous!!! Definately gonna be trying some!
  • sweetmspea
    sweetmspea Posts: 87
    Options
    Homemade Mac and cheese IN A CROCKPOT!!!!

(I use WW noodles)

1 1/2 cups milk
    One 12 oz can evaporated milk (I used skim, evaporated milk keeps the egg and milk from curdling)
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled to room temp
    3 large eggs
    1/2 tsp salt
    3 cups (12 oz) shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend, recipe calls for Italian fontina cheese)
    1/2 pound elbow macaroni or mini penne tubes, par cooked and drained (this means cook them for about five minutes until tender but not completely cooked)
    Freshly ground black pepper to taste
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Spray the inside of your slow-cooker with cooking spray or grease it with olive oil. Combine milk, evaporated milk, eggs, butter, and salt in slow-cooker and whisk until until smooth (or you can use an immersion blender to do the whisking for you). Add the shredded cheese (not the Parmesan) and macaroni, sprinkle with black pepper (and whatever other spices you want to use). Stir gently with a spatula to coat evenly. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
    After 30 minutes, reduce the temperature to LOW and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until custard is set in the center and the pasta is tender. The macaroni and cheese may sit in the cooker on the KEEP WARM setting for 30 minutes before serving. Serve and enjoy! '

IMG_0164.jpg

Bump
  • Patsy165
    Patsy165 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hannahbanana0480
    hannahbanana0480 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • mdmomof4
    mdmomof4 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dArtagnia
    dArtagnia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I've certainly discovered the beauty of the crock-pot since moving in with my uncle and his daughter. It seems you can cook just about anything in it. I was going to post a BBQ pulled chicken recipe, but looks like some others beat me to it.
    I have done whole roasted chickens and other larger pieces of mean. Just put a couple balls of aluminum foil under it so the meat doesn't touch the bottom and burn. Season as you like and cook on low all day. DO NOT ADD WATER!
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My favorite Crockpot recipe is pulled pork.

I have many recipes but the easiest is to mix a can of rootbeer with a bottle of BBQ sauce, pour over the pork roast and cook on low for 8 hrs.
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump! So many tasty recipes, I want to try them all.
  • stephaniepullen
    stephaniepullen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump! Don't we all?? :-)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump
  • solicit
    solicit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bumpin for later
  • msracefan
    msracefan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try some of these! I'm getting bored with the same old stuff, so glad I read these today!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    Crockpot Turkey Chili

Just note that it makes a *lot* of food, so you may want to cut the recipe down or freeze some so you don't end up eating this for days on end. We have a 5 qt crockpot and this fills it up. Feel free to modify the recipe to your taste.

1 lb ground turkey, sautéed on stove top & then added to crockpot
    19 oz can black bean soup (I use Organics brand from Pavilions, but any will do)
    16 oz can vegetarian baked beans (ie. Bushes baked beans), do not drain
    15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed/drained
    15 oz can beans of your choice (ie., black, pinto, navy beans, garbanzo etc.) rinsed/drained {this is optional, you don't have to put this many types of beans in, but it adds to the variety}
    14.5 oz can chopped tomatoes in puree (I use fire roasted tomatoes because of the extra flavor)
    15 oz can drained whole kernel corn, rinsed/drained
    1 small can of mild chopped green chili (adds flavor without too much spice)
    1 small can of tomato paste & half to full can of water (after emptying can, fill with hot water half or all the way, gently shake or stir to get the last of the tomato paste out and pour into crockpot)
    1 green bell pepper chopped, seeds/stem removed (microwave for 2-3 mins to help soften)
    2 stalks celery chopped (microwave for 2-3 mins to help soften)
    2-3 large carrots chopped (microwave for 2-3 mins to help soften)
    2-3 cloves garlic minced
    ½ tbsp roasted chipotle chili powder (can use regular chili power - start with less, mix in thoroughly and taste before adding more, especially if serving to kids)
    1 tbsp parsley
    1 tbsp oregano
    1 tbsp basil

Cook 2-3 hrs on High or 6 hours on low. Great served by itself, over rice, or with cornbread. Even better the next day, or the day after that, or the day after that (this makes a LOT)! Freezes well, to defrost put in fridge in morning, should be thawed and ready for a quick re-heat on the stove top when you get home if you freeze in small portions.
  • MsDandimite
    MsDandimite Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump for posterity.
  • melaniefrench1
    Options
    Crock Pot Potato Soup

1 Medium Yellow Onion (can be disguised by using 1/2 TBSP Onion Powder)
    2 Stalks Celery
    2 Large Carrots
    1 TBSP Minced Garlic
    3 Pounds Potatoes
    2 TBSP Chicken Stock
    6 Cups of Water
    1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
    2 Cups Milk
    1/4 Cup Flour
    1 tsp. Salt

Finely dice celery and onion. Grate carrots and mince garlic. Cube potatoes (1 inch or less the smaller they are the faster they cook). Add all to crock pot. Add chicken stock and water. Cook on High for 8 hours. Wisk 1/4 cup Flour and 2 cups Milk into soup. Cook on High for 30 minutes.

Then mash potatoes and serve. Enjoy :)

Really tasty on a chilly day. Goes well with French bread for dipping.