What supplements do u take?

Options
13»

Replies

• InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Chewable calcium+Vit D (how can I put this...the hard pills, er, didn't touch the sides). And I recently dound an ancient jumbo-economy-size bottle of cod liver oil capsules, and some random multivitamins, so I'm having those til they're gone. I'll probably only carry on with the calcium though, as my nails were splitting and my mum and gran both had hip replacements and arthritis in their hips, and I don't want that to happen to me. I know, it's boat varnish, I'm being sold to THIS ONCE, that's all, I promise.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Fish oil, Prenatal, biotin, bcaa & glutamine, whey, calcium, and creatine.

My cousin is 3 or 4 months pregnant, and her 10 year old daughter saw her prenatal vitamins and wanted to take one, but then said "Oh wait, I don't want to end up like you!" thinking the vitamins are what made her pregnant! it was so funny!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I take:
    Mulitvitamin
    Glucosamine
    Calcium

And I also do protein powder (mixed in foods), flaxseed mixed in oatmeal, coconut oil mixed in oatmeal (but not daily), and drink ACV daily.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Fish oil, Prenatal, biotin, bcaa & glutamine, whey, calcium, and creatine.

My cousin is 3 or 4 months pregnant, and her 10 year old daughter saw her prenatal vitamins and wanted to take one, but then said "Oh wait, I don't want to end up like you!" thinking the vitamins are what made her pregnant! it was so funny!

Lol I have friends that refuse to take it because they don't want to "jinx" themselves into getting knocked up again
  • bakatare2k
    bakatare2k Posts: 17
    Options
    MultiVitamin, Fish Oil, B Complex and Metamucil
  • djbartlett
    djbartlett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Against was everyone has said, I have had tremendous results with CLA. When (6mg) combined with a metabolism booster (thermabol) and protein shakes (breakfast and post-workout), I'd say I average about a 2-3lb loss per week.
  • BeautEvilKells
    BeautEvilKells Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D (liquid) / Fish Oil / B-12 / Green tea extract x2 / Women's One a Day w Skin Essentials / Vitamin C / Chromium
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Chewable calcium+Vit D (how can I put this...the hard pills, er, didn't touch the sides). And I recently dound an ancient jumbo-economy-size bottle of cod liver oil capsules, and some random multivitamins, so I'm having those til they're gone. I'll probably only carry on with the calcium though, as my nails were splitting and my mum and gran both had hip replacements and arthritis in their hips, and I don't want that to happen to me. I know, it's boat varnish, I'm being sold to THIS ONCE, that's all, I promise.

Don't suggest taking ancient any supplement. If the oil is old it is bad and it will do the exact opposite of the result you are expecting.
  • SaintsK
    SaintsK Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm taking Melaleuca's women's vitamins- I'm noticing a big difference from taking One A Day women's and an extra vitamin D capsule a day.

I am still going to throw int eh Vitamin D- because I have a deficiency, and I am going to be taking folic acid on the side in prep for another baby- but I haven't taking anything as good as these Melaleuca dailies in my life. Not even when i was taking Usana, which is supposed to be the best thing out there.

I'm going to pick up an Omega 3 supplement as well.
  • fieldsy4life
    fieldsy4life Posts: 155
    Options
    I <3 Pills:

Nature's Way Alive Multi (iron free)
    Nature's Way Fortify Probiotic
    Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega
    600mg Calcium
    5000iu D3
    Milk Thistle
    Optimum Arginine (4000mg serving)
    MusclePharm BCAA (6000mg serving)
    MusclePharm CLA (5000mg serving)

At night:

Optimum ZMA
    3mg Melatonin
    1000mg Valerian

Saw a lot of comments about CLA - you need to take at least 3400mg of pure CLA to get the results they achieved in the study that most people site. You also should make sure your diet and workout routines are spot-on before spending money on this stuff. However, I only go out to eat or for drinks if it is a special occasion or there is a special person that requests my company - so I save a lot of money there and don't mind buying supps.

Oh yeah and drink a ton of water for your kidney's sake :)
  • BadBamaJama
    BadBamaJama Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I take BE HOT from GNC and love it...it's loaded in calcium, amino acids, you should look it up. It has everything in it to maximize your workout.
  • slsmoot123
    slsmoot123 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Love to see that I'm not the only one taking supplements. double x -A multivitamin/mulitmineral/phytonutrient, Glucosamine, Fish Oil, Biotin, and Calcium.
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Daily:

MuscleTech women's multi-vitamin pack
    Creatine
    Glutamine
    Fish oil every single night -I sleep SO much better when I take this right before bed! It's incredible!
    Am starting magnesium/zinc combo as well

L-Arginine when I need extra ooomph in the gym or take it when I take advil for headache (helps it work faster)
    L-Carnitine here and there... haven't been religious enough about it to notice any difference with or without it.
  • wendiann2222
    Options
    Materna (not pregnant but BEST multivit ever)
    Vit B1, B6, B12
    I was taking a Multi B but my insurance will pay for them separately
    At first sign of a cold/flu- zinc & vit C
    Vit D & Chromium when I remember to buy them
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    Multi-Vitamin
    Whey Protein
    Creatine
  • Ckiers
    Ckiers Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    one a day womans vitamin with energy. It's the green and white bottle
  • greggags2
    greggags2 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Whey protein, creatine, glutamine, and shakeology
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Twinlab Daily ones with iron, flaxseed oil, and Muscle Milk after lifting ;) I need to be taking glucosamine again...but dayum those things are hard on my belly :(

glucosamine

Yes...I take that too...crap...I forgot because I haven't taken it in a few days.

You guys are way too young to have chronic joint problems (unless there has been injury involved)
    Check this out below. Hope it can work for you also.

http://nutrition.about.com/od/dietsformedicaldisorders/a/antiinflamfood.htm

While it may not solve all problems, it certainly won't be harmful.

Good advice! That's actually another reason I've slacked off on taking the glucosamine is since I've been eating better I don't seem to need it as much :)