Exercise

Options
I have 2 bone spurs on the bottom of my right heel. My doctor said not to exercise. I was just wondering if there is anything I could do that would burn calories and not put a lot of pressure on my feet. Please help

Replies

• rosepetal63
    rosepetal63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to myfitnesspal. I like the site and I've lost 2.3lbs in my first week. I adjusted my calorie intake for a slower loss pace. I'm willng to listen and take dvice from others. It says I joined in August of 2010. I really started counting calories within the last week. I was on Weight Watchers and lost 87lbs. When they changed the program to the points plus I started seeing a weight gain and had a hard time getting back on track. Then I started old habits like drinking dr pepper's. Well it's been 10 days and no dr pepper's. Thanks
  • Kearney2008
    Options
    Im new here as well add me if you like and Ill let you know if I figure out some things along the way :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    How about swimming or a recumbent bike for cardio? And you could do a lot of strength training from a seated position. :)
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    You can do a bunch of stuff on the floor... abdominal work... and, like MoreBean13 said, there's strength training in a seated position... if you have bands, you can do stuff that will elevate your heart rate, creating the cardio effect without jumping around!
  • rosepetal63
    rosepetal63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks, cardio on the bike sure thing. Swimming not my thing. lifting weights I can do. Thanks
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Pilates does a lot of seated and back and stomach work. Get a DVD to try.