feeling down, how mch w8 did you lose before noticing

Options
I have lost 12.2lbs so far and Im feeling discouraged...how much weight did you have to loose before you actually saw the difference?

Replies

• Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I noticed my clothes changing after about 15 pounds. At about 25 pounds, I had three people ask me (on the same day) if I had gotten a haircut. Hang in there. I promise that it's more than worth it. Then, keep hanging in there. You will start to notice more and more as time passes. For me, the "body" difference was rather sudden (also at about 25 pounds). I had a lot more to lose than you, though. Now, I can see a difference every 5 pounds or so.

Endeavor to persevere.
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    I have yet to notice... *grumbles* I dunno, I don't feel it. but other people say stuff, but I don't see it myself!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    It's an ongoing battle with me. I sometimes don't notice at all unless I look at pictures or look at my old "fat" pants. Others noticed way before I did.

I did notice the small things though, like changes in pant sizes, being able to cross my legs again, the way I fit into my chair at work, etc. Things like that I notice more than my actual appearance.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    I lost 22 pounds before I decided I needed new jeans.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hardly at all until after 30lb... Yes I know that probably isn't what you wanted to hear, lol, but unfortunately it's true.
  • Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    I'm down 13.5 and if it weren't for taking pics I wouldn't notice. Def take pics to compare to when you think you aren't getting results.. The pics will show your success!
  • wendyrvp
    wendyrvp Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think it depends so much on your body, where you hold your weight, and how much you have to lose. I lost a LOT of weight once and it wasn't even noticable until I had lost almost 60 pounds. Sounds crazy, but when you have 200 to lose... that was a drop in the bucket.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    20 but it only dawned on me recently how much better and healthier I look and feel.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have lost 12.2lbs so far and Im feeling discouraged...how much weight did you have to loose before you actually saw the difference?

At 5 pounds I noticed my pants were lose in the waist and the ring that I wear was spinning around my finger (it's a top heavy turquoise ring)…
  • Calliesmom1
    Calliesmom1 Posts: 78
    Options
    Im only six pounds in. So nothing yet. I had my period and my clothes actually got tighter. I wanted to cry. What im really waiting for though is for my pants size to go down. Right now im in a 10. I want in a 5 but will settle for now an 8. Hang in there! We CAN do this!!!
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    well probably where i am now... ive been strength training & everything is getting tighter.. less jiggles .. a lil less love handles lol .. hopefully ill be buying new jeans soon cuz mine still fit the same & it sucksss
  • KristieWade
    KristieWade Posts: 23
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. Everyone's body is a little different. I distribute weight evenly, I always have. so when it came to loss it came off evenly to and it was hard to tell that anything had been lost. At the same time I would wake up and but on a belt and notice that suddenly I could tighten it one more notch, or I'd put on some jeans and suddenly they felt to loose. One day just recently I put on a pair of jeans and then told everyone I think I put on the wrong size because they were to loose. If you are having problems seeing the change. Try measuring yourself. The scale reflects weight, not muscle toning. So try measuring. In the past there have been times when I have had to measure myself to tell that there was any difference, because the scale didn't show it and I didn't feel any different. I hope this helps to encourage you,

kristie :)
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    People notice, I don't.... so far the only thing I am noticing is my clothes are fitting looser.... other than that nothing. I have no idea if I lost anything though, our scale is out of order and I am to lazy to figure out what is wrong, or buy a new on
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    i didn't really notice a big difference or buy new clothes until i had lost 20 pounds.
  • KrzyRiver
    KrzyRiver Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm down 82lbs and sometimes I *still* don't notice it. Weight loss is gradual, so you won't suddenly feel completely different. Every 15lbs or so, if I'm feeling like I haven't made progress lately, I put on a shirt (the same shirt every time) and take a picture in the mirror. Then I put the new picture and an older one side by side on my computer screen and soak it in. You'll see the difference then.
  • MzVonda
    MzVonda Posts: 87
    Options
    12lbs is awesome!!! I have lost about 30 and I can tell in my clothes and joints....I can move better.....I have a looooong way to go and a lot more to lose, but we have come to far to stop now or be discourage....just keep moving!!! You will see one day you will be fit and where you wanna be if you just keep moving!!!!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I've lost almst 30 and only recently have several people made comments (I really felt/noticed at around 15 lbs) and maybe people were noticing, but just not saying things IDK. It is nice to finally hear a few comments and they seriously came all at the same time. They also came when the scale was almost at a stand still...so it was a great motivator! A few people close to me have noticed and said things, but they are along for the ride too...so they have the daily updates etc. My kids are the best though, they keep noticing different things and we all know how honest kids can be! LOL Just don't get down, keep doing what you are doing and it will happen!
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Losing weight takes awhile before you see the changes. I can tell you that doing yoga and lifting weights changed the shape of the body I have. People noticed a lot more once my shape began to look more solid and toned. A blend of healthy eating and exercise is key. Don't give up. We are all here and in this together. :)
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs and only some pple noticed

However the few compliments I get...motivates me to keep going!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Lost 20 lbs before I noticed.
    Lost 30 lbs before anyone else noticed.
    Gained 10 over the winter.
    Lost 10 lbs EVERYbody notices (difference was strength training).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!