I can't do this again

Options
13»

Replies

• TIDDYBEAR
    TIDDYBEAR Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can eat out! You just have to watch WHAT you eat (grilled chicken NOT fried) etc. And Chinese isn't so bad. Go to a place that has a Hibachi grill. Get 4oz of chicken, onions, broccoli, and maybe zucchini and it is under 500 calories. Keep up the good attituce!
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The only true defeat is givng up! don't beat yourself out of something good with feeling bad. start new and learn from the things that brought you here. you can do it.
  • graceleigh614
    Options
    I have lost weight and regained it more times that I can count........... I swear I lost the same 20 pounds at least 20 times! That being said, you can do this!!! Don't beat yourself up, today is a new day, a new week, a new month, a new year! A NEW YOU! Only you can do this, no one else can do it for you..... I have found tracking my food, planning my food, exercise etc. is the key to my success. The days I have no structure are the days I do the worse. (WEEKENDS!!!!) I pray everyday that this is the last time I have to take this journey and once I reach my goal weight I will keep it off forever!!! Good luck and feel free to friend me....
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    This thread is MFP at its best.

Leah, thank you for bringing out the best in all of us.
  • 100over
    100over Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    frosty73.....I know there's definitely other factors at play but I guess when I acknowledge them I feel like I'm using excuses and sound pitiful. There is so much going on and food is a solace right now........well I guess like it has been for most of us. I need to find something else to do. Unfortunately the only other thing that makes me feel that numb is shopping and we don't have the money for me to pick up that addiction - lol. I'm an alcoholic - sober 11 years......a smoker - quit for 8 years and started again a year ago. The only thing I've never been addicted to is drugs. Why?? I don't know really.....they scare me - lol.
  • 100over
    Options
    ediesmommy........no that's not my goal weight. That's how much I want to lose. My goal weight is 125-135. I'm only 5'4"
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    .........fail, that is. I have gained back 5 of this 6 pounds I lost and am basically back at the start. The last two weeks have just been so awful. I can't blame life because life is always going to be hard so I have to find a way to stay on track. This is why I told myself I couldn't even have one cheat day until I lost at least twenty pounds because I'm not strong enough yet in my mind to get myself back on track.
    I feel so discouraged after eating chinese food, nachos, trifle cake, dinners out etc etc that I don't even know where to begin today. I have that immense feeling of regret that squashes ANY self confidence you have and makes me just want to cry. I can't fail again this time :cry:

Leah

Leah, the moment you get back on that wagon is the moment you are once again going for it. Therefore, you are now going for it and WTG! xxx
  • 100over
    Options
    Siannah.......it breaks my heart to think of not being here for my son. How selfish is that of us to NOT do this for our children and spouses. Thank you for hammering something out so clear. It's always in the back of my mind, but it cannot be an option to fail..........for them!
  • barbaradilisio
    Options
    Forget about what happened in the past. Focus on today. Just because you slipped up doesn't mean you failed. You can do it!
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I have tried and failed so many times and I swore this would be the last time! So I decided to look at it as a life style change, not a diet! And I find it easier to tell myself "You SHOULDN'T have that" instead of "You CAN'T have that". And I make sure to not deprive myself of anything that I want, I just have those things in moderation because I personally can't live the rest of my life never having chocolate or ice cream or pizza or fast food! That's not realistic for me, but I also know that I can't live my life being 60 pounds overweight and horribly unhealthy! So I made a promise to myself when I started this, I'm not going to get down on myself and I'm not going to regret anything, every day is a new day and I'm doing this so that I can love myself again, so as long as I accomplish that each day, then it's been a good day! Feel free to friend me, I am super supportive and will be your biggest fan! lol :happy:
  • chris2365
    chris2365 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thomas Edison's quote is perfect: “I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work”

So figure out what you need. Do you need to be able to have chocolate every day? Do you need to be able to eat at night? Do you need to have popcorn at the movie theater?

Figure out what your must-haves are and trust me, there's a plan out there that will work for you. Or hell, do what I've done and figure out your own plan. One that doesn't require willpower (because willpower is a joke people), one where you set your environment up for success, one where every bite you eat is yummy, one where you don't feel physical hunger.

But let's be honest, we've got a whole magazine rack of issues, otherwise we wouldn't be where we are today. So learning to deal with our emotions - boredom, anger, sadness, whatever with something other than food is a whole lot more effective than keeping a food diary.

Feel free to friend me - we can do it!
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump