Chevy vs Ford - Argue your point

Options

Replies

• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Are we talking trucks or cars?

If it's cars, Oldsmobile win for me. They don't look cool, but I take my Achieva places where other guys lose their mufflers and oil pans.. My first Oldsmobile died at around 350 thousand KM. My Ford car was a total piece of ****, and everything that could break on it, did, and it only had around 90K on it... Only way I'd buy a Ford again is if it's a truck.
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    <<Love both (1969 Chevy Camaros & 1965/66 Ford Mustangs are my favs!!) :)
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Chevy is "the tax money of America"

fixed :p
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Well, i have owned lots of cars and trucks over the last 40 years. I liked all my Mustangs. Like my Camaro too. If you want less repairs, I suggest Toyota or Honda. If you want cool, Chrysler has some great stuff.

Love my 2005 Mustang GT, and wish I never got rid of it - well, except for the gas consumption. 40K miles not a problem.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    ford one word
    RAPTOR!!!

my parents have a chevy, they have had to replace the transmission twice since they got it just a year old and its slipping again its only like 6 years old.

However we bought a 2011 altima last year and i cant complain. loving that car! :-)
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Chevy is "the tax money of America"

fixed :p

:laugh:
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Tough one. I always loved chevys, but the new stuff is crap. I want a TRUCK. That being said, I would only go with a Ford f250 turbo diesel with a 7.3 powerstoke in it. And I want the full size bed on it. None of this sissy 4'x4' bed! Its a truck! It would have to be an older model too. 2002 would be good. Before the Obama diesel power killing spree.

I do still love chevys though.My first car was an 87 suburban, and it was awesome.
    I guess im no good at this argument.....
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Neither - Jeep Wrangler. That is your true and original 4 wheel drive off-road vehicle.......
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Ford. Because it was bought for me.
    And you don't argue when somebody GIVES you a new car.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    If talking about trucks, I've always been a chevy fan just off of looks. But I do think that Ford trucks are built more reliable.

If we are going on cars, I'm going to say neither and go foreign. I am a Honda fan!!
  • lala11975
    lala11975 Posts: 26
    Options
    Dodge Ram for me would be #1 (Hemi). #2 would be Chevy Silverado, and #3 would be Ford F-150
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    My personal vehicle is a Ford truck. Love it. Don't have any comparison to Chevy though.

With cars, I drive a ton of different rental cars, generally from American or Asian companies as part of my job. Generally only care for Ford, Mazda (specifically the Mazda 3), and Hyundai for cars. The Chevy's I have gotten, especially the Impalas and Cruze's have just sucked. The stretch of 3 Cruze's in a row was particularly annoying.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    The fact is you're never going to get a good answer...my thought? There probably isn't much difference...if you're car shopping get the one you like best.

When I bought my car I test drove a 2008 Chevy Aveo, a 2008 Ford Fusion, and a 2009 Ford Focus. I liked the Aveo...I loved the Fusion but it was kind of beat up...and then I drove the Focus and decided right then it was the car I wanted. That was over 2 years ago and I still love it. I haven't had to do any repairs...I get great gas mileage...it's comfortable.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'd rather push a chevy than drive a FORD. I've NEVER owned a Ford that didn't break down & leave me stranded somewhere. For me, a chev will at least hobble to a mechanic or safety.
    FORD = Found on Road Dead - Fix or Repair Daily
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Both!

I have a 1966 Ford Mustang and it's just about the sexiest thing in the world. I also have a 1995 Chevy S10 as a daily driver. It just keeps going and going.

I don't have an opinion about new cars, but I wouldn't kick a Tesla out of bed...
  • Horskrzy
    Horskrzy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My philosophy is that as all cars and trucks are "man" made so it's all a crap shoot if you get a great one or a lemon. One year brand X may be more reliable, the following it may be less. If you think about it, it all boils down to what we currently like and/or are looking for in a truck or car and all the rest is good maintenance and luck. I've had several Ford's, several Nissan's (Datsun) and a few Toyota's. No GM/Chevy yet but if someone would give me the keys to a 1957 Chevy Bel Air 2-door hard top in primo condition.... LOL! Here's my current "ride's" showing their colors...

BigRedRhody.jpg

2012 Ford F-150 Platinum
    2008 Honda GL1800 GoldWing
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    Neither. Toyota. I have put my Lexus through hell, and it's still running great, almost like new, after 180K miles. If I keep this car it will easily reach 300K miles without issue as long as routine maintenance is done. And it won't fall apart by rusting out from under me. lol

Or Honda, perhaps even better than Toyota. My friend has a Honda of which he is the second owner, but it passed to him from his father, and it has almost 350K miles on it and neither he nor his father has ever had to do anything major to it. Another friend has a Nissan and it's almost to the 300K miles mark and hasn't had any major issues either. Meanwhile, EVERY person I know who has owned a US-made vehicle with a US-made engine has had some kind of catastrophic failure well before 300K miles, some even before 150K miles.

Foreign auto is the way to go. Domestic US crap is crap. :flowerforyou:
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Who do you know wants to buy a Ford?

Ford is my livelyhood, but I own a Chevy (its been a great truck too!)
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    coming from that fact I live in MI and this arguement comes up all the time I really dont care lol. I drive what ever can get to point A to point B.