Best Places To Meet Women 21-26

Options

Replies

• Carolw12
    Carolw12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I noticed a lot of people making jokes about the age thing. I've also noticed that people who are too picky about the age thing are the ones that have a hard time dating. My mom is older than my dad and they've been married almost 40 years! Age shouldn't matter to you so much. The right woman could be younger or exactly your age or even older. Good luck!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Don't rule out those 30+ ones! You won't regret it! ;)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    preetend ur ghey it wurks evry time
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Do they an advents & adventures club thing where you live? Try that.
  • Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Agreed. It's nothing personal, but most of us early 20s are still in school and not interested in a working guy yet.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Just wait a couple years. All the good ones that are currently taken will get divorced and you then you can swoop in and scoop them up!

This is what I'm counting on!!! :laugh: There are NO decent single men in my area!!
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    myfitnesspal.com

That's where I met mine...
  • Twidget12
    Twidget12 Posts: 71
    Options
    Gosh what's wrong with 27 yr olds. :sad: hahaha.

^ I agree...this kind of made me feel old and depressed a bit! :grumble:

With that being said though, I met mine on-line and we've been together over three years.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I would say going to little house socials where you can meet friends of friends. Some mentioned, running clubs. Join a club that fits your interest(s). Painting, yoga, photography, running, home interior, book clubs, etc. Anything where you can meet and greet. I would say the gym, if you can strike up a convo before or after a workout…the gym is a challenge. Going to live shows. I love music, so if I could bump into my future partner at a show rocking out to some awesome punk rock..she’s a keeper. Lol. If you ride public transportation, perhaps on the bus. Grocery stores or being stuck in the elevator with someone could work. I was recently at a grocery and I approached a young lady asking what type of wine should I get for the occasion.. Just to name a few.

Good luck to you all.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    School! Try taking a class at your local community college. =)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    seriously, Im shooting live local music all the freaking time and its nothing but 20-32 year old everywhere, dressed up, having a blast, buying their own drinks, loving life and feeling gorgeous and flirty!

and what are they surrounded by? at the very MOST 7 sexy guys and 2 are married. Dont believe me?
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Maybe try church??!!
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    Online?

Side Bar:

a 28 year old, mature man, does not have much in common with many woman under the age of 24. IN my opinion.

Im 24 myself.. and I would have to agree with this post! ;p

As a 26 year old, I would have to agree with both above posters. She would have to be insanely mature

+1 from this 28-year-old. (And no, I'm not bitter about my age or anything, I LOVE being this age and am happily settled anyways).... When I was in my early 20s, I dated many men who were the OP's age and older who "just liked younger women." I thought *I* was soooo mature and special and that's why they had picked me! But in retrospect, I found that it was really the inverse ... :ohwell:
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I noticed a lot of people making jokes about the age thing. I've also noticed that people who are too picky about the age thing are the ones that have a hard time dating. My mom is older than my dad and they've been married almost 40 years! Age shouldn't matter to you so much. The right woman could be younger or exactly your age or even older. Good luck!

I have to agree with this. I think if you try to overthink things too much and set too many limits on the situation you could very well miss out on something great. Maturity comes at all ages, it very much varies from person to person. You just need to stay open-minded. As you know, my bf is 12 years older than me and we're very happy!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    As soon as you stop looking you'll find someone.

Also, keep an open mind....even having an age limit can be, well, limiting..... :smile:
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    What does this post have to do with weight loss or getting healthy? MFP is NOT a dating site - so please do not turn it into one. There are plenty of online dating sites that you can visit, but MFP is not one of them.

Ohhh go to hell!! :laugh: and get the hell outta the chit chat forum!
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It depends on the traits you're looking for in a person. I'm a big nerd so someone like myself could be found in an electronics/game/book store, the library, or out on the trails near my place for a run (though I usually ignore everyone when I run).

Point is, once you're in a setting like that, there's a boatload of opportunity for starting a discussion. "That book/game/movie is on my to read/play/see list or was awesome" are pretty good conversation starters and people like to talk about their interests (generally).

EDIT: I feel like I need to add that I would not consider myself "insanely mature", but I usually sync up better with guys who are older than I am. Current boyfriend (of almost two years) is only a few years older, but the one before him was a little more than 5 years older (we dated for 6 years). I was still in High School when he was finishing college.

It bugs me when people say things like that, because I'm not some granny at heart who spends her nights at home with her cats and her knitting and her tea. I'm an adult who is capable of making decisions and having discussions. Whether he's my age or twenty years older, my standards for what makes a good SO don't change.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Bump. I'm curious because I am interested in where guys are looking! lol
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say head on back to 2003, I was 25 then. HAHAHA!
  • tiffany5839
    tiffany5839 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I sure feel old at 28 after reading this post!! HAHA. How old is the guy asking though cause he looks older then 26:)