Repetition = Success? What meals do you eat again and again?

Options

Replies

• notAfan
    notAfan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the most success when I eat the same thing each day with a little variety here and there. Too much variety sets my cravings on fire. So what works best for me:

Breakfast:
    Slightly green banana

Mid Morning Snack:
    Old fashioned rolled oats with raisins and walnuts cooked in the microwave ~or~
    Old fashioned rolled oats with raisins and sliced almonds cooked in the microwave

Lunch:
    Salad made of pre-packaged salad lettuce, cabbage, carrots with broccoli slaw, almond slices or sunflowers kernals, fat free shredded cheese, an apple cut up into small pieces (adds great crunch and sweetness) topped with fat free ranch dressing.

Dinner:
    Shredded wheat with skim milk

Dinner is the meal that gets the most variety but I really do well when I stick to this plan. I do even better if I add a half cup of cooked navy beans as dinner or for an afternoon snack. I just forget to put on the beans to cook so I run out of them and it will be a week or so before I get another batch cooked. The canned navy beans are high in sodium so I try to avoid them.
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like crunchy peanut butter on toast or on an english muffin for breakfast about 5 days a week. So yummy and you can eat it on the go. :smile:
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I probably eat at least 5 omelets a week lol...always spinach and feta, sometimes with some fake chicken, goat cheese, and/ or tomatoes. I also eat lots of yogurt (Kroger carb master and Chobani Greek), vitatop muffins (for fiber and iron), protein shakes, and fruit (especially grapes, strawberries, and apples).
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for breakfast but need something in the morning, otherwise I'm an ogre all day so I usually have an Onken or Yeo Valley yoghurt pot.

My dinners weekly are; Monday: Chicken and Tomato Soup, Tuesday: Steak and Stir Fried veg, Wednesday: Sausage, egg and bacon, Thursday: Chilli Con Carne and Rice, Friday: Grilled Chicken breast and mixed chopped vegetables, Saturday; Pineapple Salmon and mixed veg, Sunday; normally a Sunday Roast, but this meal isn't as strict :)

I will deviate on random days from time to time, but thats the basic plan for shopping every week.
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    I was just wondering if anyone else was as repetitive as me with food. EVERY morning since starting this, I have been eating 2 blueberry Eggo waffles with 1.5 tbsp of peanut butter.. oh man, the melty PB is just too (much in a good way lol). One of the first days I was on MFP, I was reading the forums & someone said they eat that for breakfast... I was like hmmmm.. I have blueberry waffles for my son, and he won't eat them anymore..... & I :heart: melty PB..... ehhh I'll give it a try. Hooked lol. The rest of my meals vary depending on the day.

(if you try this and the PB won't melt from the heat of the waffles, I put mine in the micro for 5 seconds..mmm!!)

Ok, now I think I need this for snack LOL :laugh:
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I eat almost the same thing everyday.

Breakfast:
    Cup of Kashi Go Lean Cereal with 1/2 cup of almond milk

Lunch:
    Sandwich, either egg salad, turkey or chicken salad

Snacks, string cheese, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt

Dinner:
    Lean meat with veggies, big salads, or a light pasta dish
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 150forMe
    150forMe Posts: 4
    Options
    For breakfast (I usually take it to work and make it) I eat either a half (or a whole, depending on how hungry I feel) whole wheat sandwich thin, toasted with peanut butter and half of a banana sliced on it
    This morning I felt like a chef (lol! I'm not a great cook, but hoping to find one to marry! ) I sauteed some baby spinach, sliced cherry tomatoes, a tiny bit of bell pepper and then scrambled (with it) 2 eggs and a little grated cheddar cheese!!
  • NK203
    NK203 Posts: 35
    Options
    Breakfast total raisin bran with banana and milk.

Lunch is a giant salad with chicken or avocado.

Dinner is fish tacos, steak fajitas or chicken with potato or veg. Sometimes tater tot casserole.

Snacks yogurt or rye triscuits.
  • _Schatzi_
    _Schatzi_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    These are all such great ideas! Interesting to note the 'variations on a theme', for example, almond milk, avocados, whole wheat grains, lean meat and fruit are used often, but in cleverly different ways.... I'm getting some great ideas!!
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Chocolate cinnamon oatmeal, cottage cheese
    Lunch: Scrambled eggs, edamame, cauliflower
    Every single day, and it never gets boring :p
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My favorite "repeats' are Better Oats Maple and Brown sugar with a tbsp of raw coconut oil, Rockin' Wellness shakes for snacks or lunch, and of course my "crack" is Sensible Portions Veggie Straws! I do lean cuisines a lot, but make sure the rest of my day is made up of very low sodium to compensate.
  • sarafit926
    sarafit926 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bumpo
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Breakfast: 1/3 cup liquid egg whites, 1 tbsp bacon bits, 1 toasted slim sandwich round - Total calories 175
    Lunch: 1 3 oz. can tuna in olive oil, 2 tbsp lite mayo, 1 slim sandwich round, 6 oz. carrot juice - Total calories 390
    Dinner: Chicken Piccata w/ Rice (from Cooking Light with some substitutions) 6 oz. carrot juice - Total calories 350

3 Snack times during the day and bedtime may include:
    WW Ice cream bars, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, greek yogurt, strawberries, rice cakes, Hagen Dazs Coffee frozen yogurt (mmm), blanched almonds, fresh fennel/sesame salad, jicama, Special K cracker chips, and much, much more.
  • doilymaker
    doilymaker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like eating the same things too. I find it keeps me on track.

Breakfast - FiberOne 80 Calorie Cereal and Skim milk
    Lunch (during the week) - Chobani Blood Orange Greek Yogurt, Trader Joes Pretzel Nuggets, Apple, Carrots, and a FiberOne 90 Calorie Choco Brownie

My go-to sweet after dinner is 2 squares of Lindt dark choc with sea salt....yummmm.

Dinner is the meal with the most variety because I usually cook for my dh and ds.
  • ThinMint7
    ThinMint7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Since starting MFP I tend to repeat the same meals quite often. Breakfast--3/4 c. Grape Nuts Flakes, 1/4 c. skim milk, 1 c. orange juice. Lunch--1 slice 100% whole wheat bread, with either 1 T. Trader Joe's unsalted peanut butter or tuna with reduced fat mayo, and 8 baby carrots (although I'm getting tired of carrots so I need to try something new). Afternoon snack--1 T. hummus with 1 serving of Triscuits or pita chips or something. Sometimes raisins or almonds or cashews. Dinner--usually 1 serving of whatever I'm fixing for the family & a vegetable such as corn, followed by "dessert"--1 c. thawed berries with 1/2 c. Dannon vanilla yogurt.
  • Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I toast 2 slices of Aunt Millies Light Potato Bread or Light Multi grain Bread (35 cals a slice) with blue bonnet spray butter (0 cals) and a glass of 1% milk. Less than 200 cals total.

Lunch is usually a Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice Meal---gives me variety.

Dinner fav is 98% fat free Oscar Mayer hot dog (only 40 cals) corn on the cob and steamed broccoli
    or Jennie O Seasoned turkey burger (200 cals) with fresh cole slaw and tomato slices

Snacks popcorn or home made salsa and chips
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I repeat meals all the time.

Breakfast - I always have coffee. Sometimes I'll have some yogurt or fruit with that. Nothing much else, not a big breakfast person (at least not at breakfast time! lol)

I have boneless skinless chicken breasts with some seasoning and usually something with it, cauliflower has been my kick lately.

The one I repeat allllll the time is a wrap. It's so easy. I do the 100 cal tortilla, with some kind of meat (usually chicken), some shredded fat free cheddar cheese, some avocado, chopped bell pepper, and some kind of dressing or hummus.

I eat laughing cow cheese wedges all the time, too.
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with 2 packets of splenda and raisins in the a.m.
  • Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I eat laughing cow cheese wedges all the time, too.
    [/quote)

Me too, I love those things, Only 35 to 50 calories a wedge.