I just ate icecream :(

Options
Ok. I am feeling not so great here. I just ate two servings of icecream. What do you guys do when your craving something like icecream? To me, there is no substitute.

Replies

• jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I just had 2 servings of ice cream too. I had vanilla. What kind did you have?
  • hawaii86442
    hawaii86442 Posts: 167
    Options
    I just came across a recipe for strawberries dipped in light no fat vanilla yogurt and frozen--try that!!
  • exdisneychick
    Options
    you eat the ice cream. and if it wasnt in the calorie plan for the day, you start again tomorrow. dont beat yourself up over it. we are all human and none of us are always going to be perfect so dont try to be!! stay focused and continue on.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream. I can usually fit it into my calories. Ice cream is yummy. I certainly don't feel guilty about it. I ate some today even.
  • jessiewise827
    Options
    Eat Skinny Cow ice cream. They have pints of ice cream, fudge bars, cones, and Oreo sandwiches. The Oreo sandwiches taste great and are only 150 calories each. :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Why the frowny face for eating ice cream? Nothing wrong with eating ice cream everyday if it fits in your cals
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Eat the icecream! Haha, two 1/2 cup servings are probably only around 350 cals depending on the type of icecream. That won't ruin your progress
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    Because I love popcorn - I build it into my calories every day. No guilt, no cravings for something I "can't" have.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea! I'm gonna go have some ice cream!
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hey today I had a personal pizza and ice cream! So don't feel bad.

What I do feel guilty about is the crumb cake ...that I only ate half of.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just had some Ben & Jerry's S'mores ice cream...only half a serving tonight, it fit my calories and made me happy. It's not worth feeling guilty or sad about...
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I had some, too. No regrets ;)
  • epcorne
    epcorne Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just had a milkshake

1/2 serving of Banana Nut flavored protein
    2 tbsp. PB2
    1 serving sugar free vanilla pudding mix
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    water
    ice

Tastes SO good. I have one almost every night and it satisfies my sweet tooth before bed. :)
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Just fit the calorie amount into your day's allowance. portion control.
  • sweetyedie
    sweetyedie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have some and count it in the calories. If this is a lifestyle change you have to count the normal foods also. Just eat healthier meals....
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I ate girl scout cookies today. And they fit in my calorie budget, and if they hadn't I would have gotten up and burned them off. And if I didn't have time or energy to burn them off then by god I still ate them and enjoyed them.

You gotta live. In moderation.
  • batgreen
    batgreen Posts: 66
    Options
    You all are so awesome. I feel better :)
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Ok. I am feeling not so great here. I just ate two servings of icecream. What do you guys do when your craving something like icecream? To me, there is no substitute.

I eat it and enjoy it and add it to my calories. The other day I ate a whole bag of gluten free chocolate covered pretzels. They were delicious and I didn't feel the least bit guilty. I think I went over a bit on my calories that day, but I don't do that every day so to me it is okay.
  • batgreen
    Options
    Oreo Birthday Blast....LOL
  • batgreen
    Options
    Oops. How do you reply to just one person?