low fat salad dressing...help!

Options
2»

Replies

• AMS430
    AMS430 Posts: 4
    Options
    Make your own blue cheese. take 1/4 c. reduced fat blue cheese crumbles(80 calories) and 1/4 c. fat free mayo. (40 calories) Mix together, I like to add fresh cracked pepper to the dressing:smile: . If you let it sit over night or a couple of days the flavors will blend and be more flavorful. two tablespoons of this dressing is only 30 calories.
  • kavanagh1961
    Options
    I make my own with 3/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and I like it better than anything else I've tried so I stick with it anymore and it doesn't need refrigerated so i keep it in my desk draw at work. Just shake it up and use-simplicity-I love it.
  • jamiesoto86
    Options
    I don't normally like salad dressing, but I was getting bored with salad all the time so I had to find something to make it more interesting! If you like spicy stuff, pour some Franks Buffalo Sauce on it! Gives a fun kick and practically no calories!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's near you, check out their refrigerated salad dressings. I really, REALLY like several of them:

Low fat Parmesan Ranch
    Cranberry Walnut Gorgonzola,
    Champagne Pear Vinaigrette
    Hummus (salad dressing) <--my new favorite!

I've also started putting my salad (2 cups greens + other veggies) in a much larger bowl, pouring a measured 2 tablespoons of dressing on it, and tossing it. It really makes the smaller amount of dressing go much further.
  • mujerebelde
    Options
    Do not diet! the idea is to make gradual lifestyle changes so that they become part of who you are, not something that you are 'forcing' yourself to do for 17 days.

PS. Lots of brands make yogurt dressings which are lower in fat than cream. With that said though, watch out for sugar and salt more than fat. You can try making your own dressing with avocado, which will be nice and creamy and without the bad fat from dairy.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Use oil and vinegar as your dressing and eat real blue cheese in your salad. I did the 17 day diet too, that **** worked, but I wanted to throw salad out the window by the end of it, then I learned to add add add. Taco salad became my favorite, with browned ground lean grain fed turkey, salsa, plain greek yogurt, avocado, shredded cheddar, tomatoes and onions... Oh god I'm hungry now

Basically I threw all the things I was "allowed" to eat into my salads
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste has the BEST blue cheese dressing I've ever had... living in buffalo we use blue cheese and frank's on just about everything and this recipe has been amazing!!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/04/low-fat-creamy-blue-cheese-dressing.html

^^ This! I usually make my own salad dressing because I can tweak them and make them low sodium. And everything I have tried from Skinnytaste I have loved! I also made a creamy avacado dressing from this site that was yummy too!
  • Bree1294
    Bree1294 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    try salsa, guacamole, or greek yogurt as a salad dressing. They are yummy!!!

This is what I say as well! I use salsa on my salads - best thing in the world..... :)
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse farms makes some delicious low-fat dressings that are made from yogurt. I absolutely love their ranch dressing. :)

I second this motion. Delicious with some nice protein to boot!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    make your own with some dill, lemon, and greek yogurt or ranch seasoning mixed in greek yogurt. You get the creaminess and some added protein.
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the spray dressing? I like Gerards light champagne it has 60 calories but it so wonderful.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Bolthouse farms makes some delicious low-fat dressings that are made from yogurt. I absolutely love their ranch dressing. :)

Bolthouse Farms dressings are AMAZING!
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Braswell's are my new favorite. Natural, low calorie and really good. The Peach Vanilla is my favorite.
  • horses1jessi
    horses1jessi Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a homemade greek dressing. The salad her is awesome as well as most of the recipes. You could replace the feta with blue cheese and put more traditional salad veggies in here and it would be great.
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chopped_greek_salad_with_chicken.html