Back at it and looking for support

Options
Hi Gang....

I know I'm not alone when I say that I've been on the weight roller coaster all of my life. This last year has been really rough for many reasons, but I really want to stick to this program and reach my goals.

Unfortunately, I don't get much (if any) support and home and would love to develop a team of support. I will cheer you on in your victories and give you an ear and shoulder on the rough days.

Let's do this together!
:smile:

Replies

• Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to get all the support you need. Feel free to add me! I reached my goal last Wednesday and I'm here for you.

Thanks!
    sheila
  • Flowgl85
    Flowgl85 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good luck, I've lost over 30 pounds so far, so best of luck to you. Feel free to add me.
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have been on a rollercoaster too and am committed to not giving up so easily this time around. I can definately use the support and some people to keep me acountable!
  • keepstrongx
    Options
    I also need support and motivation... I keep forgetting and giving up my long-term goal for my momentary satisfaction. I've added you, I hope we can help each other!
  • hollymurphy4
    hollymurphy4 Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm on MFP every day. Feel free to add me : )
  • Going4Healthy
    Going4Healthy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I've added you to my friends and look forward to getting to know you!
  • sheenie4eva
    sheenie4eva Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I am on a Journey to lose 30 lbs lost 3 so far I just started like a week ago. Just looking for tips and advice.:blushing:
  • jennmetz
    jennmetz Posts: 20
    Options
    Unfortunately, those around us may feel that by supporting you they have to join in... and they may not be ready!
    I find that sharing my 'why' around health and weight loss helps my family and friends see the motivation behind
    my life-style choices and may help generate more support! What you're asking from them is that they support you in your
    choices that overtime will help you be healthier and happier. That's what loved ones are supposed to do isnt it?
    Stay strong, and post your 'why' where you can see it every day to stay clear!
    ... and find ppl who DO support you and make sure you communicate with them daily!
  • jennmetz
    jennmetz Posts: 20
    Options
    I have found these things help me and people I know...
    1. Commit to exercise EVERY day
    2. Commit to tracking ALL your meals /snacks at the beginning of the day so you have your actions planned
    3. Take before pictures and measurements and put them away. The scale can be deceiving and wont always reflect the
    whole story! Take new pictures and measurements in 30, 60 and 90 days. If you stay on track - they will provide evidence
    of how your body is changing!
    4. Drink water! 1 oz for every 1/2 lb of your current weight. So if you weighed 140 lbs, you would need to drink a minimum of 70oz.
    Quite often hunger is mistaken for thirst!
    5. DONT starve! Plan your meals and a caloric level that helps you feel satiated, but also helps you meet your goals!
    6. Keep posting your results!
    7. Invite some friends, loved ones to join you so you have a support/accountability group. I created a group on FB for this very purpose - really fun !
  • flowerkim333
    Options
    I don't get a lot of support at home either- but I've decided that I will stick to this for me and no one else. I would love to have some support friends-if you like you can add me also :) Good luck on your journey!!!
  • roknic69
    roknic69 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone!

I am new to this as well.....I've been on MFP for a little while but I always stopped. I managed to lose 14 lbs since I last came on her but I definitely want to keep going. I have another 30-40 to lose. I need support and words of encouragement!

Best of luck to everyone on their journeys!
  • BriMaiSD
    BriMaiSD Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! I've gained almost 40 pounds over the last year and a half. It's so discouraging, especially since I'm getting married in three and a half months. Would love to have some more support buddies!