Tired all the time??? Why?

Options

Replies

• fishes305
    fishes305 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you are really that tired all the time I would see a doctor. I had this problem and the doctor ran a blood panal and found that I was low on B12. I am now getting monthly B12 injections and it helps. I'm not saying this is what you have just that it could be a sign of something else.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I get tired when I don't eat enough. and that could even mean less than 1400 calories a day.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Overtraining and undereating?
    I'm gonna say this.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has really mentioned lack of sleep. 6 hours to 6.5 hours a night is not enough for the majority of people. If you're not over exercising and your diet is good. I'd look at the amount of sleep you're getting and see your doc to have some basic blood tests done.
  • lovedtorun
    lovedtorun Posts: 75
    Options
    I found the low Cal's mfp gave me made me tired. I found the group about eating more and I'm now actually building muscle and still dropping inches and weight!

May I ask which group? I am looking to eat more and lose inches. I hate being hungry!
  • TheDeviation
    TheDeviation Posts: 149
    Options
    I find meth helpful... ;)

Could be a myriad of things. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kFhwnGjBwh8
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Work on the suggestions here re: food intake and required calories. If those suggestions don't work you need to see a doctor. So many possibilities for medical reasons for fatigue that you should not just guess. Thyroid, Mono, Anemia (need to know cause and type), and multiple other possibilities that required physician check. First try what others suggest and see if that helps. It does sound like you are expending a lot of calories with your routine and just may not be eating enough. Good luck.
  • ninick
    ninick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When I'm tired all the time it's either
    - low iron
    - too low in carbs
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    When I first started I was set at 2 lbs a week sedentary which gave me 1260 calories a day. I was tired all the time so I changed to .1 lb a week and it bumped me to 1560 and I have way more energy now and don't feel crappy and tired all the time!

This. You might not be eating enough calories. Also, B12 deficiency can prevent your body from processing iron. I generally have this problem. Taking a B-complex multivitamin could help tremendously.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Usually the first thing to look at is your diet. Be sure you're getting plenty of high quality foods. Sources of whole protein, healthy fats and good carbs are a must to keep your energy levels high. Drink plenty of water too, so you can flush out anything processed you eat.

Next is sleep patterns. I found my fitbit to help a ton with this. Turns out I'm not sleeping as well as I'd originally thought!

Then see the doctor, get the standard "I'm tired" panel. Check for things like mono, thyroid issues, iron and stuff like that. Also be sure to have them test your Vitamin D and B12 levels. Turns out a lot of my tiredness came from a severe deficiency in both of these vital nutrients! I'm actually unable to get B12 from food sources. I need to supplement and get weekly shots to keep my levels up!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has really mentioned lack of sleep. 6 hours to 6.5 hours a night is not enough for the majority of people. If you're not over exercising and your diet is good. I'd look at the amount of sleep you're getting and see your doc to have some basic blood tests done.

yes I agree........I am EXHAUSTED without 8-9 hours of sleep a night.
  • bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    Take vitamins or energy chews.
  • kevin0313
    kevin0313 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid checked? problems with the thyroid can't be determined without a blood test...but at least you could mark that off the list of things to check.
    good luck to you

Agree with the above post. I went through the Thyroid check. Easy problem to correct (I take a pill daily) and it made a huge difference. No matter what I ate or did I would just feel run down, tired and unmotivated. Look at WebMB for other symptoms (they affect everyone differently) and could be a discussion topic for your doctor if you can't seem to find a solution.

Good Luck!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Is Lyme Disease a possibility?
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My problem was vitamin d.
    And CARBS make me super tired
  • ndwarren
    ndwarren Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks, ive been working out for 1 month straight BUT once i started changing the way i ate is when i felt tired...i got some tips from your post so thanks
  • Maria_Goose
    Maria_Goose Posts: 247
    Options
    Maybe you're not drinking enough fluids.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    it could be a number of things, I can't see your diary so it is hard to tell , but I would start with eating more iron and protein rich foods, if that doesn't help try getting more rest and have your thyroid checked. Do you have other symptoms of hypothyroid? dry skin, easily cold , also you could need more vitamin D or need to eat more calories. How many cals are you eating?
  • maskinny
    maskinny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You could be dehydrated. Make sure you are drinking enough water. Try adding lemon to your water during workouts.
  • ICEHatchet
    ICEHatchet Posts: 9
    Options
    I noticed on my daily intake that while I am hitting goals for calories, fat, carbs, etc. I am generally SERIOUSLY low on iron. I started taking a multivitamin & herbal supplement that includes 100% of the recommended iron and 300% of the B6 and B12, plus Panax Ginseng and I have been doing MUCH better lately. That's what has worked for me. I saw a lot of comments earlier that line up with this, so it would be a good first step if you haven't tried it.