Tattoo Question!!

Options

Replies

• stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i apologize if anyone else already stated the obvious but... usually a tattoo lasts longer then just a significant other these days so do what makes YOU happy. if he gives you crap, explain you did it for you and not one person more.

.s.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    hmm id take it into consideration at least...but ultimatley your decision. is it a very large peice that would be showing more often than not? he'll get used to it either way. IF howerever say the tat is a peice for him (like a show of love or whatever) and hes saying he doesnt think you should get it , than DEFINITLY dont! lol
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I'd tell my SO to go take a long walk off a short f'n pier. Saying something like "I like you just as you are" would have been better than it would make you "less attractive". Bottom line, your body, your decision.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    I'd get it. There's so many things I've done for myself now that I've completely cut ties with my ex that he basically fobade when we were together and I'm so much happier. So if you want the tattoo honey, get it. :smile:
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    Do it anyways!

I honestly find it hard to believe that there are guys that don't like ink on a woman. Its fricken hot.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'm a woman who has several inked pieces on my body. My husband has none. He is not particularly into tattoos, but he IS into me! It is my body and I'll do with it as I see fit. If he really has a problem with it, then I guess he would have a problem with me. I had tattoos when we met.

He is visiting the tattoo shop with me in a few months, AND paying for my new sleeve. He has never been in one before. It'll be grand!

And...
    LMFAO.

Guess what...

ITS YOUR BODY.

If your s/o loves you then they will love you no matter what type of ink YOU decide to put on your body.

Been with my s/o for over 7 years.

60% of the tattoos on my body he DONT like but guess what... Its more about emotion then it is physical.

Thats just my opinion.

• ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It is your body and the only person in charge of it is YOU. If your S/O said jump off this bridge it would make you more sexy wet lol would you?
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see both sides to this but if this is a serious SO then their opinion does count, I can't see how going completely against them will help a relationship in any way but it is your body. You need to sit down and have a conversation with them about why they don't like it. Is it just a blanket statement about hating all tattoos or is it because you're getting a skull ridden, bloody dagger tattooed on your chest that would one day peak out above the neckline of a wedding dress?

If the relationship is the real deal you have to realize it is NOT all about you. Find a compromise.
  • barbaradilisio
    Options
    What does the relationship mean to you? If you are serious about this person, I don't think it should be such a black and white decision.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    Well...I'm having this issue too. You see, my girlfriend prefers me with few-to-no tattoos or deviant piercings...and there are a few I'd like to get (tummy button piercing, dermal anchors on my back.) So....what I'll probably do is get them pierced, give it a year, and then, if she still hates them, take them out. Easy as pie. The tattoo is harder, though...but if your siggie oh really loves you, it shouldn't matter what you have (or don't have) on your body.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    My husband isn't a huge fan of tattoos, but he still married me and I have two and plans to get one more :)
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what the tattoo is and how big it is.

Yes its your body etc, but if the tattoo is, for instance, a massive full body tattoo then I can imagine why your s/o might think you were less attractive, its not exactly the right attitude to have but he could just be looking out for you in the long run
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'd lose the S/O for being such an *kitten*!!!! Should love you no matter what.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Thank you all for your opinions. I am married; we have been together for 9 years, married for almost 4. I had a tattoo before I met him. He said that tattoo was one of the things that made him talk to me that day, and he still loves it. Then I got a 2nd tattoo last year that at first he wasn’t a big fan of the idea, but once I got it now he says he loves it.

We have a stable relationship; in no way would he hold my tattoo over my head or bring it up in petty fights. He's not going to leave me or anything crazy. He just gave me his honest opinion on it, and unfortunately it is not the one I wanted to hear..LOL

I am 90% sure I am still getting it. I think he will like it when I do get it. I may have a talk with him and ask him if he would like me to get it someplace else on my body, or maybe a little smaller. But in the end, I do believe I will get it and love it.
  • sweetqueets
    Options
    Get the tattoo!!!!!!
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You should probably briefly consider his opinion then ignore it. Meanwhile, call him selfish and inconsiderate. Ignore any irony that may or may not be present.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    If my husband was just being a brat I'd get it anyway, but if it would seriously bother him, I wouldn't want to send him the message that something like that is more important than him. I'd expect the same from him too.
  • DawnVanSlim
    Options
    You should probably briefly consider his opinion then ignore it. Meanwhile, call him selfish and inconsiderate. Ignore any irony that may or may not be present.

HAHA, ^^ This cracked me up!
  • DawnVanSlim
    Options
    So basically your s/o is a "fair weather" love...any change and you're less attractive. I hope you and everything around you two have the ability to stay EXACTLY the way you are now or your s/o will be unhappy...

THIS HAS RED FLAGS WRITTEN ALL OVER IT!!!

GMAFB
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I had talked for a while with my SO before getting my first one. His opinion was that he does *not* in any way find them attractive on anyone.

Thankfully he loves me for my brain and sense of humour, and not just a piece of *kitten*. I acknowledged my SO's opinion, but in the end I told him I like them, and now I'm considering my 5th and 6th tattoos. He's not a fan of any one of them, but is still marrying me in 10 days!

I guess it would depend on how long you've been together and if he's in it for love or just flesh. *shrugs*