• lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Until the ice cream truck stops

Bwahahahahahahaha! :laugh:
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    20min, I stop walk around for 5min, drink some water then jog back home, another 20min. It's 2 1/2mi each direction.
  • jimandles82
    Options
    I find that I limit myself. I can actually do more than I think, maybe if you do what you feel comfortable doing and then continue with less intensity for a bit longer until you work up to more time? Just a suggestion. My problem is I GET BORED easily!
  • normatus
    normatus Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Unless you're a professional runner or frequent racer, I find that 3 miles a day is great. Anything more can be hell on your joints in the long run. Ask your doc.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I run no less than 4 miles. Currently my mileage is been around 5-6 miles + long runs b/c I'm training for a marathon.
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    I can do two whole minutes :smokin: In my defense, I'm new to the running scene! I'll catch up to ya'll! :laugh:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I just started jogging. My first day I ran for like 30 seconds before I felt I had to stop, but every day I pushed harder and harder. I jog/walk every time I go, I am starting out small and building up. Yesterday I did my best, I ran a full length of a straight way, which was hard but I pushed it. What normally took me an hour to walk/jog took me 27 minutes. I pushed it hard, felt great that I did and I felt like it got a little easier. I hate that I had to miss my jog today, but tomorrow it's on!
  • FitFabDiva
    FitFabDiva Posts: 2
    Options
    About 45minutes non stop jogging
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i usually run 4k under 40 mins. 5 days a week. just keep at it. i promise you CAN get up to 30 mins. just keep trying with all your might to add on that extra 30 seconds each time. it helps if you run with a buddy, you guys can motivate each other.
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It varies, I usually do between 3-6 miles so 30 to 60 minutes unless I'm specifically training for a 1/2 marathon or something. My longest runs have been 13.1 miles in the races. Haven't made it up to a full marathon yet, maybe one day.

If you start increasing distance once you can run 5 miles anything beyond that is in your head.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    I am up to about an hour, or 7 miles. Working on going further.
  • Canbfit4life
    Canbfit4life Posts: 124
    Options
    I love running I usually run for a hr atleast 5 days a week & I usually run 5 to 6 miles
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    3 to 4x per week I run 5km at a 10:1 ratio....
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm still jog/walking. I'll do 5-7 minutes jogging (5.0 MPH) and 3-5 brisk walking (3.5MPH). This keeps going for 30-45 minutes.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Usually 5 to 5.5 miles in the morning, avg 5.2 to 5.5 mph.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I try not to run less than 8 (easy) miles @ 8:00-8:30 pace, roughly a little over an hour.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I started with Couch to 5k about a year and a half ago, and at the time, I could barely run 2 minutes straight.

I've done a 10k race without walking, but I've come to realize that I'm most comfortable adding a few walk intervals every couple miles. Typically, I run between 3 and 7 miles, about three times a week. My average running-by-myself pace is about a nine minute mile... slower during long runs, faster during races.
  • AndMurphy
    AndMurphy Posts: 4
    Options
    I am naturally a sprinter and not a marathoner. Here's what I did when I started to run regularly:

Begin by running 24 minutes at a time. Run at a comfortable pace for 8 minutes, then walk 1 minute. Run for 8, and walk for 1, and so on. This will prevent burning out and will maximize your endurance. Take slow, deep breaths and focus on long, slow distances. Do not do two long runs two days in a row, but run at least about 3 times per week. Add 1-2 minutes to your runs each week and keep increasing over time. Obviously, you don't want to be at risk for overuse injuries, so listen to your body. Enjoy your new legs and butt!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I started c25k in December much like you, totally new to running. Now I do 2.5 miles 2x week and am building to longer weekend runs - I'm pushing for a 5 mile race in August.

I'm S.L.O.W though :laugh:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    30-40 minutes