How did you find out about MFP ?

Options

Replies

• cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I had decided to start trying to track my calories myself, in a good old fashioned notebook with a pen! I was trying to find the calories for something and when I googled it this site came up. It took no time to sign up!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    A friend at work! I was doing my own calorie counting on paper and she was like "well check out this awesome site" and the rest is history... :happy:
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a calories tracking app. Then I just started using the site instead.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    From a differnt board. MFP is alot more freindly and the tools are great :heart:
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    My friend who ended up quitting a week after she told me about it. Woops!
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    There is a blogger in YouTube I like alot and she mentioned the site, I kept it in my bookmarks for a long while, but I decided to try it out and I like it a lot, because it might not be 100% accurate, but it's making me learn so much about how to eat right, and what was I eating before unconsciously.
  • jFaye12
    jFaye12 Posts: 12
    Options
    Saw the ap on an IPad. Decided to try and found it works,
  • nsmith6325
    nsmith6325 Posts: 41
    Options
    A friend at the fire station was using it one day and my curiosity got the best of me. Difference is that he is body building and trying to increase his intake and I am trying to lose weight and balance intake/output. Different uses but both of us have had success with it.
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    This!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    a vision came to me while wandering in the desert...pretty sure it had to do with that cactus I ate...I needed to know its calorie content before consuming more...
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I was searching nutrition fact about something I wanted to eat on google. It sent me to MFP website. I opened an account right away. I had never heard about it before that.

Let's try this again ... THIS!!! :)
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I needed more hypersensitive whining and self-righteous proselytizing in my life and the 'Chit-chat, fun, and games' forum board appeared to me in a dream.

I kid! :bigsmile:

I searched out an online calorie counting tool. Initially I was using FatSecret. Their online tool is pretty good, and for a long time, their Calorie Counter Android app was the best (by far). They were the first with the barcode scanner. MFP's app quickly caught up, though.

I might have stuck with them, but to be honest, I was always bothered by the name. I think "FatSecret" sounds shameful. I know the name is a silly reason to use something else, but it's why I would periodically look for other solutions. I wanted something with a good online tool + a decent phone/mobile app. I'd review what was available every month or so. I'd log in 2-3 apps at once sometimes. MFP was a contender for awhile. Then they really improved their Android app and I switched for good.

Once I established some friendships here, I was completely sold on MFP. There are some really smart, insightful, knowledgeable, patient and loving folks that log into MFP. It's why I stick around. The level of satisfaction with pretty much any situation comes down to the relationships with others, IMO.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    i found it on my app to my phone...
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The Calorie counter came up in a search.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    It came up in one of the Fat2Fit podcasts.
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    My sister was at a friends house who was using it and came by to show me. Been hooked ever since!
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    a pro-ED site
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My niece told me about it
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Sister invite :wink:
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    I had been using the Calorie Count website since April 30th till Sunday the 13th, right? Well, one of the ladies on there mentioned MFP and how it has a lot more food listed in their system. I thought I should check it out. I came here and liked the setup and social interaction here more. I plan to stay. ;)