Breast Reduction

Options
I have a consultation for breat reduction on Friday and was wanting to hear from others that have had the procedure.

It is something I have been looking at for a good few years now as I have always been large busted. I am now a UK size 36J. I was hoping to have lost a bit more weight than this before going through with it however I am finding it very very uncomfortable to do much cardio with the size of them as no sports bra is helping.

What I am wanting to ask any ladies that have went through with it is

where you overweight at the time?
what happened when you lost weight after?
would you recommend I continue to lose a bit more weight first?

how was the recovery?

Is your life easier now?

Would love to hear about anyone elses experience with this. Thanks x

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Bumping this as a reduction is something I'm considering in the future and would like to hear from anyone who's had it done.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My mom had a reduction at 60 a year ago and LOVES the results
    recovery was not bad at all and she wishes she did it YEARS ago!

good luck
    Kim
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    On behalf of men everywhere, may I say, "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :sad:
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    On behalf of men everywhere, may I say, "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :sad:

LOL!
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options

I know you're just kidding, but the feminist in me is screaming at you right now :P
  • MCinSoCal
    MCinSoCal Posts: 87
    Options
    I recently went in for a consultation for the same thing. The doctor told me that I "should" lose more weight 1st because weight loss can significantly impact the size of your breasts. Like say I had the reduction now to go down to a large C, small D cup (US SIZES I am now a 34F and they ARE quite heavy) Well if I lost weight after the reduction, chances are they would not only get smaller, but also they would sag, which to me would totally suck.
    So we agreed that Iose "AT LEAST" 20 more pounds before surgery so that I am closer to my goal weight and the results would be better and longer lasting.
    Hope that helps a bit :)
  • JPod279
    Options

I know you're just kidding, but the feminist in me is screaming at you right now :P

That's ok, the male chauvinist in me is still thinking of boobies so I can't hear you. :glasses:
  • mindfulone
    mindfulone Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have talked to my physical therapist, my doctor & my neurologist and they all are rooting for a breast reduction so I talked to a plastic surgeon and he wont do it till I HIT a certain percentage of bady fat, because when you loose weight you loose there and when you gain you gain there I am waiting till I get to my suggested weight before gooing back because my surgeon wont do it til then so keep me posted please!!!
  • jennyb612
    jennyb612 Posts: 83
    Options
    Bump
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options

That's ok, the male chauvinist in me is still thinking of boobies so I can't hear you. :glasses:

Maybe when she's done screaming she'll make us sammiches?
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I've been to a few consultations with my wife. They will want your weight to level out before ANY surgery, whether you are adding or taking off. Also, beware of losing nipple sensation. They cut that sucker out and relocate it elsewhere. Yikes!
  • JPod279
    Options

Maybe when she's done screaming she'll make us sammiches?

And get us a beer!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I had one, loved it. Best decision I ever made. I was in college though. Weighed less than I wear now and had F breasts, now I wear a C.

ETA: The recovery was hard I admit, it took a few weeks before I could lift anything and wear regular bras and whatnot again. I still have scars, but I was never planning to be a nude model, so I'm ok with that

I couldn't breastfeed (not sure if that's an issue for you or not) some people say loss of sensation. There was some loss, but I can totally still feel things, my nipples still get hard and aroused.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i had a breast reduction in march 2000 and it was the best thing i have EVER done for myself besides finally get this weight off with good diet and exercise....i was wearing a 48DD bra and after my reduction i bought 38D....i bought larger numbered bras because it made the cup size bigger....my recovery was very "easy" compared to many but i also have a very high threshold for pain, good or bad as it is....i think i was about 220 or so before my surgery and about 6wks later i was 210 with the surgery and then eating well i suppose....i ballooned up to 245 and then back down to 200 and then back up to 263 with first kid and 254 with 2nd kid....my boobs have pretty much stayed 38D since my reduction....

when i started losing weight this time in january 2008 i was 254 and now an hanging out in the mid 170s....i feel like they are smaller now on the "top" part - like i can't fill the top of my bra...i wear victoria secrets 38D body by victoria bras and they fit fine but i do notice them "looser" on the top, especially when i lean over lol...there is extra fabric there...BUT if i move down in size the smaller cup or band just doesnt fit right...

i would do it again in a heart beat if given the opportunity...i was 28yrs old and self conscious my entire teens and 20s...i had horrible grooves in my shoulders and sore back/shoulder issues...i hated to run or workout and i had ridiculous rashes under my breasts alllll the time but especially in the summertime...

if you want any more info send me a message....i highly recommend anyone given the opportunity to do this surgery who is truly suffering because of their breast size to do it....

ps...i just saw someone post about nipple sensation loss....i had some but i do have sensation and they do get aroused still lol...actually more now that before....i also had my aureolas reduced too...
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    oh my aching butt i thought this was a thread on why kfc chicken breast seemed alot smaller than usual .....shakes fists to the gods why why whyyyyy are my chicken breast so smalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I had one done 9 years ago (at 23). I wasn't really overly heavy at the time (about 145) but was SOOOO self-concious and uncomfortable in my own skin.

I do not regret it at all... I just wish the doctor had made me a bit smaller - I wanted to be a B-C, he left me as a large C-D. I still feel like I have a "really big" chest, but it's definitely better than before (DD).

I would do it again in a minute - really, the pain was so minimal, compared to the emotional/mental/physical pain of not being comfortable - plus, within two weeks the pain was pretty much gone.

Really great decision, overall.

I still have loss of sensation in certain areas that I am certain will never return - mostly on the underside where I have scarring from the cuts. Really, I don't care if that's the tradeoff. :)
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have a consultation for breat reduction on Friday and was wanting to hear from others that have had the procedure.

It is something I have been looking at for a good few years now as I have always been large busted. I am now a UK size 36J. I was hoping to have lost a bit more weight than this before going through with it however I am finding it very very uncomfortable to do much cardio with the size of them as no sports bra is helping.

What I am wanting to ask any ladies that have went through with it is

where you overweight at the time?
    what happened when you lost weight after?
    would you recommend I continue to lose a bit more weight first?

how was the recovery?

Is your life easier now?

Would love to hear about anyone elses experience with this. Thanks x

I had a reduction done about 15 years ago (in my early twenties). I was glad I'd had it done from the first moment I stood up in recovery. I had been a 38DDD (US size), and went down to a 36C. I was maybe 10 pounds overweight at the time, so not really, and no change when I lost more.

I probably would recommend losing more weight first, but that's also because it can be deemed medically necessary and covered by insurance that way (at least here, mine was).

The recovery was not bad at all. I was really only in pain for the first couple of days. And yes, it did make my life easier. Dresses that fit everywhere didn't exist, for one. For another, I don't have men, women, and children staring everywhere I go, and don't hear crude comments like "now you know those GOT to be real."

I found pretty good control with a minimizer under a sports bra before the reduction, though. And my daughter swears by an ace bandage.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should add that before I had the reduction, I had lost about 40 pounds, and not one ounce of it came from my breasts (I really hoped it would).
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I had mine done 5 years ago. Best move ever! I was in a 36 H. Back pain, migraines, shoulder stress, sweaty boob rash. It was horrible. I went down to a 36 C. They look amazing! They are full and perky and the same size. I have very little scarring. There is some reduced sensation, but it just means the harder pinches feel just right now. I hope yours goes as well as mine did!!!!
  • bigdogc23
    bigdogc23 Posts: 66
    Options

bahahahahahahahaha

:noway: