I am starving! Someone please look at my dairy

Options

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    You aren't intaking enough calories... Eat at least 1200 calories and you will probably feel better and a lot less hungry.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    you have only eaten just over 800 cals today according to your diary .... eat more .... ....
  • Xaxony
    Xaxony Posts: 3
    Options
    I am just starting out, but I hope you reach your goal! I definitely intend to!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how often you eat if you are not eating enough.

Don't treat your calorie allocation as a maximum, treat it as a goal to shoot for exactly. MFP has already calculated the calorie deficit for you, you don't get bonus points for eating less than your goal.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    not sure what your work out schedule is if any because you did not say, but you need more protein regardless and watch your sugar, it makes you hungry. Try egg whites, more chicken, salmon, almonds, walnuts. It will keep you full longer. Check out my diary if it will help. Also note, some days you will be super hungry, other days not so much, listen to your body, its talking to you!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're not eating enough
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    eat more calories and more protien. your body is telling you it needs more.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Why is your limit so low!?!? Your NET should be at least 1200! It is NOT healthy to be eating so little, so please eat more! Protein, good grains, fiber, some fat (your body needs fat and calories for fuel). You are actually hurting yourself.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Jeez of course you're hungry, you're goal is only 1100 calories.

EAT MORE, GIRL.

Jeez. :tongue:
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Go get yourself a great big bag of mixed nuts..Almonds/walnut/brazil...

Not suprised you feel hungry..
  • v_ludwig
    v_ludwig Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    protein, protein, protein. cheese, steak, chicken, nuts. protein will keep you full longer and help you lose weight.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    1100 calories is probably below your BMR. Your BMR is established if you laid in bed all day, that is the calories you need just to lay there and breath! I would starve if I ate less than that!!! Maybe try for a slower weight loss, and add more calories in there so you aren't starving your body! If you want to lose faster, more exercise!
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Your limit is VERY low, and you aren't even eating all your calories.

I'd also say drink more water!!!
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at least 1400 calories. If you are working out, sometimes it is hard to eat as you body adjusts, that is understandable. But when I am not working out, I have no problem eating sometimes 1700 to 2000 calories.
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You are making pretty decent food choices, but you just need larger portions! Take a look at my diary-- for the last couple days I switched to low carb, which is very temporary because I'm preparing for a competition. But I was much lower than normal in calories, yet I really haven't been that hungry. The high protein makes such a difference!

You need to start with a good sized healthy breakfast. My go-to breakfast before this week has been 1/2 cup raw oats, 1 cup egg whites, 1 cup spinach (optional) and lots of cinnamon. You can cook it like a pancake or microwave it as a scramble. I also topped it with almond butter and sometimes a tablespoon of Barlean's strawberry-banana flax oil for healthy fat. That will make you feel so much better all day!
  • mikek333
    mikek333 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a baked sweet potato and a protein shake for dinner. You'll be full and under 350 calories if you use the right kind of protein.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    You say you are eating every 2 hours...I would suggest you eat a little more at each meal and try to get where you can are eating every 3 - 4 hours. If you are hungry every 2 hours, probably aren't eating enough at each meal.
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you got your calories goal, but don't think that eating low cals is going to help you loose weight, your body will probably shut down and start to store it as it is not getting enough. Put a short term weight loss goal into MFP, like 14lbs and see what calories it gives, then eat all of them - your body needs them and they are allocated for a reason. More water, more fibre mixed with the protein will help you to feel fuller for longer.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It has been said before in this thread, but I will add my 2c worth in. You are not eating enough. Your base calories should be way higher than the 1,100 you have set and you should eat most of your calories back.

Your stats and age are not that different to mine (I am a little older) and I eat 1,900 calories a day with no cardio and 3 - 4 days strength training (approx. 1750 pre exercise) - and am losing. Medical issues aside, there is reason for you not to be eating at least 1500 calories a day plus exercise calories - at that level you should still be losing weight and are less likely to be hungry.
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yikes, that is not alot of food, and no carbs really... I would eat a little more.