Are you buying new clothes?

Options

Replies

• stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have been going through the same thing, trying to keep up the ones I have on. I just broke down and decided I better get some new ones as I have reached my goal weight short toning. I took 8's into the dressing room just knowing that I was dreaming. Yeah, they fit perfectly. I'm so very excited!! P.S. Had to buy new uns too!!!
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    So far I've needed to get new pants/ shorts ( gone down bout 4-5 sizes) and since I'm only halfwayish I just went and got a few cheap things from target and Walmart to hold me over. I have clothes from when I was smaller and so far that's been very helpful!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    You girls (and guys!) are all so inspiring in here! I feel like my 32 lbs is measly now! Seriously, you're all an inspiration and even though i dont know you, im so proud of you!
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    I have been buying new clothes on an as-needed basis... aka, when my jeans start falling off as I walk, it's time to get some new ones! My closet is really sparse right now because I'm in the middle of my weight loss. All of my old clothes have been given away and my newer ones are all different sizes. I'm waiting until I reach my goal weight to go on a big shopping spree, so for now as long as I have things to wear to not be naked in public, I'm all set.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I shopped at Goodwill for a while until I was enticed by the 95% off clearance racks out front to walk across the parking lot to check out Burkes Outlet. I haven't paid more than a buck or three for jeans since, or been inside the Goodwill store except to drop off donations. I usually don't go in Burkes with any specific idea of what I'm shopping for. I just go through the clearance racks once or twice a month looking for deeply discounted stuff in my size that I like and can use. Sometimes I come up empty handed, especially now that I have most of what I need in my new size, but on a good day I can still walk out of there with 2 or 3 big shopping bags stuffed with everything from 30 cent tee shirts to $2 dresses to $5 winter jackets.
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bump ... soooo dealing with this right now.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Charity shops / thrift stores are the way to go - and I want to get rid of the "too big" stuff there too! Let someone else use it when I've finished with it.
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Everything I own is way too big right now. Thank goodness I am done working in a few days for a couple of months, so I'm not planning on buying anything new for that. All of the bottoms that fit perfectly two months ago are now falling down and I just look plain silly. I am desperately in need of a shopping trip:) I think I'll try to hold off until right before my birthday next month, gotta look good for the big 4-0.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Everything I own is way too big right now. Thank goodness I am done working in a few days for a couple of months, so I'm not planning on buying anything new for that. All of the bottoms that fit perfectly two months ago are now falling down and I just look plain silly. I am desperately in need of a shopping trip:) I think I'll try to hold off until right before my birthday next month, gotta look good for the big 4-0.

I'm approaching the big 3-0. Hope you find something sexy :)
  • Feddyvon
    Feddyvon Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Before buying new clothes, I started with a trip to the tailor. I had all of my work pants brought in for about $15 a piece, definitely less than buying new. Eventually, I needed to get right-sized pants, and started piecing it together.

I'll tell you what, I'm happy with the weight loss, extremely happy, but I've spent well over $500 in clothes since this got started.

With that said, it was quite a joy when I bought a Large-Tall Polo shirt after teetering between XXL and XXXL for so long.
  • bktibbetts
    bktibbetts Posts: 140
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has posted this idea: We have consignment shops in town. If you have nicer clothes they will give you credit to shop in their second hand store in exchange. Might save a little cash and get better fitting clothes. Just a thought - I haven't done it, but my teen-age daughter absolutely loves it!
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I buy out of season clothes, why pay goodwill when I can buy cheaper from the store?

I bought 4 pair of shorts last fall; $3.00 each :bigsmile:
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yes I am currently buying new summer clothes! Its my first summer as a non fat person in years!! :happy: :drinker:
  • Meegz84
    Meegz84 Posts: 74
    Options
    I hear ya! I'm having to roll my work pants over!
    I'm thinking of just going to the salvo's or st vinnies or similar to see if I can get a pair of good work pants that have barely been used to get me through, I can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe :-/
  • dentedearmuffs1
    Options
    Yes I am currently buying new summer clothes! Its my first summer as a non fat person in years!! :happy: :drinker:

Congrats!! I started a little late in the game to say the same for myself for Summer 2012 but I can't wait till next summer to be able to say that!
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    go to a tailor....for about $15 you can tailor a pair of pants...that will buy you some time
  • amazing_shrinking_woman
    Options
    I wait until i can't possibly wear my clothes anymore (ex. swimming in shirts and belt is the only reason pants stay up) then I go to the thrift store down the street. 5-10 dollar jeans and shirts are all I will consider buying until I reach my goal. Once I'm at my goal wieght/ fitness level is when I will buy all new cute stuff! In the mean time it's just too expensive buying new stuff every couple of months.
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    During my families visit this weekend my mom asked me "so, when are you going to buy new clothes? well, I guess you have to wait to see what size you'll be"... and it took me off guard. I'm positive it's because I was wearing too big leggings that I had to safety pin so if someone looked close enough they could tell they appeared twisted... but they looked really good on me pinned so I didn't see an issue! Most of my clothes fit me really well, although even my skinniest jeans are fitting a little lose now and my shorts are for the most part a lost cause. I have enough clothes that this isn't a major issue for me, even quite of my tops are "i'll wear these when I get skinny" shirts so I look forward to that. But I don't know when I should go shopping for new things that i've always wanted to wear but would have never dared to! Well, 1st would be losing at least 10 more pounds lol! But I've been thinking the same thing, should I just wait to I get to my ideal weight and do it as a present to myself or buy clothes a little tight now? It's so hard because I love shopping! But I also know things won't fit as nice if I haven't lost that last bit of weight. :'(
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I've gone down 4 sizeds!! I buy stuff at goodwill, or other used clothing store. And I do laundry alot! It got to a point where I had to, Then I realized how much better I feel, and how much more motivated i am, when I'm wearing cloths that fit and look good on me.

Ditto. I'm down from a 14 to a 6 (some 4's). I bought all my "transition" clothing from thrift stores such as Salvation Army and Goodwill. Now that I'm at goal, I'm buying some new clothing, but I still love the thrift stores. They have a lot of good deals in smaller sized clothing. :happy:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    I bought most of my clothes from thrift stores while I was losing and consignment shops. As you lose you can take them back and get credit to buy more