493 cal's left for the day.. Im hungry..

Options
2»

Replies

• DeniseSwift
    DeniseSwift Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i find my fresh fruit smoothies to be pretty filling 1 banana about a cup of strawberries and a few blueberries with some fat free vanilla yogurt DELISH!!
    I like the smoothie idea! I did just realize tho, that a banana has 23 grams of carbs. And if you add a yogurt to it, you're gonna double that. Maybe either the banana OR the yogurt? I never add yogurt to my smoothies. I don't ever think they need it. I guess I'm just running with the old frozen Daquiri method of smoothies. With the banana it gets that creamy smoothness. Just my humble opinion...what do I know???? :bigsmile:
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    When I need a low cal meal, I usually cook up a huge pot of spinach with some chickpeas, a few raisins, maybe a tablespoon of feta, with some spices like thyme. Very, very filling and low in calories. It's basically this recipe but I add in the feta cheese which gets nice and melty.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/spinach_with_chickpeas.html

Good luck!!
  • lovieb1
    lovieb1 Posts: 10
    Options
    if it was 2:15 here and i was starving with only 493 calories left i would
    have an apple (130) or an orange (100)
    a big glass of water (0)
    for dinner a piece of broiled tilapia (100), some steamed asparagus (20) and some mashed cauliflower with a bit of butter (100).

320-350 total

you could even put some peanut butter on that apple!

Love your answer... and the break down!!
  • phillygirl2012
    Options
    I would definitely have something starchy with protein to keep full for the remainder of the evening. You have almost 500 calories which is very doable for dinner. You just have to budget carefully and thoroughly think about adding a snack. My dinner of trader joe's brown rice medley, two chicken drumsticks alone is 338 calories not including veggies. You can make it work!
  • Kylieikerd
    Kylieikerd Posts: 82
    Options
    eggs! omelettes are my favorite. try using one egg and 2 whites. super low call and filling!
  • molliewitt
    molliewitt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yeah....chug a tall glass of water. Don't smoke pot (muchies). Eat a ginormous salad...slowly. Enjoy every bite. Slow down. Then have a nice 350 calorie meal. Eat it slow, too. Do something to keep yourself from obsessing about food. Drink another big glass of water....make a smoothie for dessert. A green smoothie instead of the salad would fill you up and they are soooo good for you!!!
    Make some beaded jewelry, read a good book, go for a bike ride. If you do a fun activity with someone you won't need food to fill
    an emptiness we all have sometimes. Just sayin'....

I love that! Dont smoke pot! LMAO!
  • newata
    newata Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yeah....chug a tall glass of water. Don't smoke pot (muchies). Eat a ginormous salad...slowly. Enjoy every bite. Slow down. Then have a nice 350 calorie meal. Eat it slow, too. Do something to keep yourself from obsessing about food. Drink another big glass of water....make a smoothie for dessert. A green smoothie instead of the salad would fill you up and they are soooo good for you!!!
    Make some beaded jewelry, read a good book, go for a bike ride. If you do a fun activity with someone you won't need food to fill
    an emptiness we all have sometimes. Just sayin'....

this is great advice haha
  • janey1306
    janey1306 Posts: 83
    Options
    cous cous salad with some chicken or other meat
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    huge salad with calorie-wise dressing (French style has a great, tangy flavour, so you don't need a lot)
    chicken breast for protein
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That's heaps! Fish with some sweet potato and vegies has been my dinner the last couple nights and it's always under 400 cal including the oil I use to pan fry the fish, so you should have room for a snack as well!

I'm sure you could replace fish with chicken if you prefer for not too many more calories (I'm pescatarian so not sure about meat calorie values).

For even lower calories - Vegie soups and stews (homemade) rarely go over 250 calories for a huge bowl (or two smaller bowls) so you could have that with some toast?