WOMEN! Please let me know your thoughts!

Options

Replies

• mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I use the brand "If ya don't pull out, we're gonna have a kid!"

Best brand on the market......no baby weight!!!

uhhh.... good luck with that method......

but anyways, I'm on Kariva, it is really low dose hormones. Only weight gain I noticed is in my chest.
  • fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm on Depo Provera. It's been almost a year and no problems that I'm aware of. I love not having a period.
  • Bubbles99207
    Bubbles99207 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on the Depo Shot and I have lost 34 pounds! Have not noticed any difference - my doctor told me that this was really good since I am loosing weight while on the shot. I guess everyone reacts differently :-)
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I was on depo provera, which did work great for me. Unfortunately you can only use it for about 2years (bone loss issues) Reason I liked it is because it is a shot you only get once every 3months:)
  • WonderWomanDawn
    Options
    i had an ablation and before the ablation i had packed on weight but once i had it done within a few months those pounds came off without trying.
  • jonilegg
    jonilegg Posts: 7
    Options
    The nuvaring is amazing. No weight gain, mood swings, or forgetting. In 3 weeks and out for 1. I've used it for a long time and I love it.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I use the "no longer have a uterus" method. It's lovely.

No more TOM

Me too! Best birth control ever!! No more spending $$ on tampons/pads either! :-)
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Any downsides to Nuva Ring? I've been on Tri Sprintec for about 3 years and it's definitely affected my mood... I want a change.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've been on lo estrin or lo lo estrin for years. Very low dose hormones. Zero affect on weight.
  • gumigal82
    Options
    I think minerva is supposed to be good as well, I may switch.
  • Fat_Lenny
    Fat_Lenny Posts: 38
    Options
    I have the Implanon too. I can't totally blame it for my weight gain as there were a number of other factors, but having the implant certainly makes me more lethargic and prone to comfort eating, especially carbs and sweet things. Sometimes I imagine my weight loss accelerating dramatically if I didn't have the implant, but then I don't get as far as actually considering removing it, because the alternative (having terrible PMS/cramps) would be harder to bear than a bit of extra padding! So I decided to stop focusing so much on thinking the implant caused the weight gain, and trying to concentrate more on having the willpower to eat better and exercise. I'd definitely get another implant too in future, but maybe when this one expires I'll give myself a break and see if my theories are correct!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Progestin only birth control methods such as Implanon or depo provera are known to cause weight gain.

I'm not on anything. It works for me!!
  • gumigal82
    Options
    Depo Provera (the shot). I ADORE it, but it is common for people to gain weight on it (I lost 5 pounds between my first two shots, which not typical).

This is why I am on MFP. I gained most of what I am trying to lose due to this shot. I also had a period that lasted 4 months.
    I personally would NOT recommend this.

That's why I got off of it! It didn't make me gain weight (I still was able to lose) but I had my period foreverrrrr. I take Yasmin now and love it. No crazy side effects, and my skin is clear!

Depo made me gain initially...about 5pnds. But I didn't continue to gain weight after. I would take it forever if it wasn't for the bone loss possibility!
  • getwhatugive
    Options
    Mirena, gained about ten lbs over last three years but I don't think it has anything to with it. It is a little harder to lose I find, but probably more to do with my age.

Had it put in to ease flooding that lasted forever, noe I get Tom every 3-4 months instead of lasting 3-4 weeks twice a month.
  • getwhatugive
    Options
    Mirena, gained about ten lbs over last three years but I don't think it has anything to with it. It is a little harder to lose I find, but probably more to do with my age.

Had it put in to ease flooding that lasted forever, noe I get Tom every 3-4 months instead of lasting 3-4 weeks twice a month.
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I use the brand "If ya don't pull out, we're gonna have a kid!"

Best brand on the market......no baby weight!!!

yeah good luck with that.

i'm on the pill and haven't noticed any difference.
  • getwhatugive
    Options

. Have to add.......can work out now that I not bleeding to death. ; )
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I'm on Demulen, I didn't gain any weight that I remember, although I've been on it for several years.
    I was on Alesse (sp?) but my skin was terrible, so I switched.

I like Demulen but if I don't take it at the same time everyday (you know, the odd time you forget then you are supposed to take it as soon as you remember and then take it as normal) I will throw up, and then it takes me about 2 days to feel normal again.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my IUD (Mirena) removed next week. I'm going to go with Nuva-Ring.

I really liked the Mirena but it's 5 years old and it's time to go.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Depo Provera (the shot). I ADORE it, but it is common for people to gain weight on it (I lost 5 pounds between my first two shots, which not typical).

This is why I am on MFP. I gained most of what I am trying to lose due to this shot. I also had a period that lasted 4 months.
    I personally would NOT recommend this.

That's why I got off of it! It didn't make me gain weight (I still was able to lose) but I had my period foreverrrrr. I take Yasmin now and love it. No crazy side effects, and my skin is clear!

Depo made me gain initially...about 5pnds. But I didn't continue to gain weight after. I would take it forever if it wasn't for the bone loss possibility!

I would be devastated if I had to go off Depo..thankfully I've had no bone density loss after 4 years. Which reminds me, I should take my calcium chew...