WOMEN! Please let me know your thoughts!

Options

Replies

• NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I use the brand "If ya don't pull out, we're gonna have a kid!"

Best brand on the market......no baby weight!!!
    yeah good luck with that.

i'm on the pill and haven't noticed any difference.

Been workin for 6 years now :-)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i would stay away from anything with the name yaz in it, due to it's history of negative effects.

i have been on ortho tri cyclen lo for a couple of years now, and it pretty much has not effected my weight. i am losing now on it, about a pound a wk as planned and not really struggling too much.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    LOL tell my hubby to do this!

I use nothing to do with hormones, but I won't get too graphic on here.

I have my husband fixed. Works well and hasn't effected my weight at all.
    Lol I am surgically sterilized and very happy about it since every other methods with hormones made me really emotional.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I had two different Mirena IUDs fall out (or they were pushed out). I'm weird.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm on the mini pill, not allowed estrogen due to hemiplegic migraines.

I hate it. I have horrible acne (cyctic prescription meds acne) that has scarred. My cycle is very short (23 days), my mood...OMG lets not even go there and then there's the TMI dryness.

When I run out, I'm off it for good. Hormones just don't agree with me. :grumble: After 1 more baby next year, we're getting tied :bigsmile:

ETA; The "pull n pray" method above is actually not too bad for effectiveness: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/withdrawal-pull-out-method-4218.htm

"Effectiveness is an important and common concern when choosing a birth control method. Like all birth control methods, the pull out method is much more effective when you do it correctly.

Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 4 will become pregnant each year if they always do it correctly.
    Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 27 will become pregnant each year if they don't always do it correctly."
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have my husband fixed. Works well and hasn't effected my weight at all.

Me too..... works great :)
  • mcastaton
    mcastaton Posts: 2 Member
    Options

It is still possible to get pregnant from pre-ejaculate. Not to mention, pulling out is not embedded in a man's DNA. I'd suggest condoms at the very least.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I took Necon for 4 months and lost only 5 pounds during that time and was STARVING all the time. This was after a few months of losing weight, and I've lost weight since just fine. In fact, the 5 pounds I lost were always when I was on the placebos. It was brutal and I won't take birth control again until I'm at maintenance, and even then I will take a different one, and if it makes me hungry, I'll switch.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Bump for the future ha
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    nuvaring: I had no weight gain. Just had to ride out side effects (ring falling out/headaches/soreness/spotting) for the first month. What is neat is you can wear it for up to 28 days, then do a week off to delay periods/ extend time on the ring.

But in the end, all the pills would react differently to each of us - you unfortunately need to try other brands or find ones with little side effects/ones you can live with. Or go with something like a copper iud is nonhormonal.

Check out this chart http://contraception.about.com/od/thepill/l/bl_choosingapill.htm for HBC suggestions to combat certain side effects.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I have been on depo, many different pills, IUD, another injection but cannot remember the name. Got pregnant on the last one, migraines and weight gain on the pills, horrible cramping and pain and migraines on the IUD. My birth control is family planning. It works flawlessly for the last 4 years and I love the freedom from the symptoms.
  • k_sharp
    k_sharp Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have paraguard the non hormonal iud and I love it! I've had it for about a year and a half and have had no issues. My TOM is heavier but normally only last four maybe five days. I have tried the patch and hated it, I would get a rash where it was and lots of clots, the pill in many different forms made me gain weight and turn into a crazy person! I got nuva ring for a month but my hubby could feel it and it made me spot the whole month I had it!

I finally decided on paraguard and I love that it last ten years!
  • chrissyrn04
    chrissyrn04 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have an IUD and love it.
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options

Just a heads up, you can still get pregnant from the pull out method !
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm on Yasmin and have been for a few years now.
    In the beginning it made me pretty sick especially in the morning
    but now all is well. My weight has been holding steady since I started
    taking it and was doing very little exercise and was eating moderately
    healthy. Now that I'm working out everyday and eating healthy as well
    the weight is coming off at a normal pace and with relative ease.
    My skin and periods have improved since taking the pill but when I have to double up
    after missing a day of taking it I'm pretty much guaranteed to vomit because of all
    the extra hormones. Over all its been a breeze though and I'd recommend it.
  • Tzippy7
    Options
    I went through several kinds of bc pills (3 or 4 im not sure). They all made me moody and fat. (Literally in 1 semester I gained 40 lbs. I would start crying when I would check my mailbox and it would be empty...NOT fun.) Im currently off any hormonal birth control (YAY). I use the paraguard. LOVE IT. its not without flaws, i now get horrible cramps with my period and a spot a few times a month. But those side effects are fine honestly, compared to my issues with hormonal methods.
  • Jessie1227
    Jessie1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Depo Provera (the shot). I ADORE it, but it is common for people to gain weight on it (I lost 5 pounds between my first two shots, which not typical).

This is why I am on MFP. I gained most of what I am trying to lose due to this shot. I also had a period that lasted 4 months.
    I personally would NOT recommend this.

This! ^^^^ I gained most(not all) of my weight due to this shot. It was also a contributing factor to my PCOS diagnosis (rapid weight gain from the shot causing my hormones to go crazy and cysts on my ovaries.) I would NEVER recommend it to anyone! It's nice not having a period every month but the health risks are not worth it at all!! Just my two cents. :P
  • Tzippy7
    Options

It is still possible to get pregnant from pre-ejaculate. Not to mention, pulling out is not embedded in a man's DNA. I'd suggest condoms at the very least.

not to mention risks that have nothing to do with pregnancy !
  • janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a prescription for Aviane which I haven't cashed in yet. But my doctor swears it has no history of leading to weight gain.

The reason I have avoided BC so far in my life is due to a fear of additional weight gain, losing my O factor and adding overall chemicals to my system.

Good luck!
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    I've been on Yaz (first Yasmine for a few years) since I was 18 - I'm now 30. It's never affected my weight but then again I have had disordered eating that whole time minus the last year or so. Anyway, during this entire time I've always skipped a month so I have six periods a year.

I want to switch to a different BC as I have been hearing that this brand causes blood clots and is hella expensive with my new insurance. Have issues changing something that has worked for me for so long though...

Not sure if any of that helps.