Working out morning, noon or night?

Options
Do you find it easier working out in the morning or night? I lke to get up early and get it over with, amd maybe go for a walk/run in the evenings.

Replies

• crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    Gotta do it in the morning... by the time I get home from work, I am in no mode to jump around or lift... but will, at times, steal a few more zzzzz's and suck it up to work out in the evening (like today)...
  • nmf062174
    nmf062174 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I prefer the morning-my problem is going to bed at night so I am not so tired at work the following day.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I prefer before work too. I work 1230-9 so if I go workout before coming into work I feel refreshed and I got it over with. Plus, my gym closes earlier. But then again, I have a friend who worked out an hour in morning, and an hour at night. he lost over 100lbs.
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I workout out super late, like 11pm. But I am not a morning person AT ALL.
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I'm weird, but I work out at about noon. That's when I have the most energy.
  • sapphireblu64
    sapphireblu64 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like to workout in the mornings as well and walk after work. Its relaxing plus you get an extra exercise in all at the same time.
  • Punxeh
    Punxeh Posts: 3
    Options
    I go for a bike ride during my lunch break. Seems like most days, that's the only hour I have to myself. :3
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I find it easier in the morning, but I don't sleep well most nights so I have to work out at night.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I prefer night, around 7-8pm. I leave for work at 7am and don't get home until 6pm or so, plus I find I sleep really well after working out.
  • feb06momma
    feb06momma Posts: 169
    Options
    Whenever I can squeeze it in! Some days its in the morning while my kid is at school, others its after she goes to bed.
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I work out whenever I get the chance. Usually it's sometime that fits with my work or school schedule and those change all the time. I prefer to work out in the afternoon/evening. There's something about getting up at 3 am to head to the gym that I just can't do. I am in awe of people who have the motivation to get up that early.
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I prefer night, around 7-8pm. I leave for work at 7am and don't get home until 6pm or so, plus I find I sleep really well after working out.
    ^^^ This...
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I do my workout in the morning. Lately my kids and I have been going for walks in the evening.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I workout after work, which is usually somewhere between 5:30-7:30pm.

I want to start working out in the morning, but that would mean I would have to get up at 5am. Hopefully I'll do it soon.

I wouldn't be able to work out at noon, getting sweaty and then going back to work isn't something I could do.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I can do either morning or night but prefer night.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I get up early to workout in the morning before my mind and body knows what I am doing :smile:
  • rosewagner88
    Options
    To those who work out in the morning: how do you motivate yourself to get up?... when the alarm rings... and the bed feels so comfortable.... I need tips on how you all stay motivated!
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I mainly workout in the evening after work but before dinner. I try to get at least 2 am workouts in a week but haven't for the last month. I am not much of a morning person but I do feel better once my am workouts are done.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i prefer morning workouts but work doesn't always allow for that. Either way, I try to get my workouts in whenever I can...
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I prefer the morning-my problem is going to bed at night so I am not so tired at work the following day.

This is my problem too, I need to workout in the morning but I Also have a evening/night practice twice a week. It's a killer.