Shake weight

Options

Replies

• BradyMommy
    BradyMommy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I can't even think about the shake weight without thinking about that South Park episode.

Cab Fare!!
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's meant to be used as a real exercise device. More like a novelty to play with at parties.
    It should make an appearance at my parties...

I'd pay to see that... do you except fairy farts?
  • Kentuckyrules
    Options
    Hmm...I do find it sad that nobody really answered the OP. Most of you just make fun of it, and probably don't even own it. Lets be honest: is it any harder than walking w/ 2.5lb weights? Seriously? If some of you are here to make fun of others whom are really asking a question, maybe you shouldn't post.

I have used one of the SW before, and its very tough. The repetition is the killer. I personally do not use it for a work out, however, if you did use it for the 6 minutes, you would sweat and your arms WOULD be tired. Any tough-guys/gals willing to actually try it to see? To the OP, I do not know how much it would burn, should be put in this sites DB.
  • Kentuckyrules
    Options
    Hmm...I do find it sad that nobody really answered the OP. Most of you just make fun of it, and probably don't even own it. Lets be honest: is it any harder than walking w/ 2.5lb weights? Seriously? If some of you are here to make fun of others whom are really asking a question, maybe you shouldn't post.

I have used one of the SW before, and its very tough. The repetition is the killer. I personally do not use it for a work out, however, if you did use it for the 6 minutes, you would sweat and your arms WOULD be tired. Any tough-guys/gals willing to actually try it to see? To the OP, I do not know how much it would burn, should be put in this sites DB.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    If you look up sexual activity calories burned on Google, some have "solo" as an option. That seems like an equivalent.

Hahahaaaaa! Hilarious, but oddly, it seems logical! :laugh:

Too true Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    If you look up sexual activity calories burned on Google, some have "solo" as an option. That seems like an equivalent.

lol
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    this very well might be the BEST thread ever! i would qoute each of you that made me LOL but then id be qouting the vast majority of the replies xD

to the OP: sorry you more than likely didnt get a response you were looking for but try google and then make ur own workout on here based off of it
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I use mine while cutting the grass. I only count cutting the grass though, I feel what I get from the SW is just bonus points. Maybe I should start logging it as circuit training?
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I've done the shake weight before and its harder than deadlifting 500 pounds because you laugh the entire time...just try to do it without getting a naughty thought. lol. can't be done.
  • amazing_shrinking_woman
    Options
    I found it one day but I don't remember where. Created my own exercise off the data. I was 217 lbs and 10 mins burned about 32 cals. Now at 180lbs 10 mins burns about 27 cals. Hope this helps!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    That's what I call bewbie shimmies, shakin' weight!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    The tug toner is much more effective. Google it. You'll thank me.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I can't even think about the shake weight without thinking about that South Park episode.

That might be the funniest thing I have ever seen on TV.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    The shake weight is an exercise to workout your arms and such as a lot of you probably know.
    There's no option to put in shake weight for exercise & Idk how much calories it burns..
    Input? Suggestions? Comments please?:ohwell:

Get yourself a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor...the Polar FT4 with the chest strap is the best that I've found)
    You can start it when you begin your exercise...and stop it when you're done. It'll show you your exercise length, your heart rate, and your calories burned.

I love my HRM!!!

It makes it MUCH easier to keep track of calories, and add new exercises if needed!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Nope def. would not because the shake weight is a joke.. and after doing strength training with real weights(IE barbells and dumbells), that shake weight wouldn't do jack.. plus I doubt that you sweat during it.

To OP:
    I don't know, but honestly ditch it and lift some real weight... you'll be happy you did.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    it is really only a worthwhile workout if you use two at a time.

snl-shake-weight-commercial-dvd.jpg
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Nope def. would not because the shake weight is a joke.. and after doing strength training with real weights(IE barbells and dumbells), that shake weight wouldn't do jack.. plus I doubt that you sweat during it.

To OP:
    I don't know, but honestly ditch it and lift some real weight... you'll be happy you did.

I DO own a Shake Weight!
    I use it once in a while...while watching t.v.
    It does make your arms hurt, and it can make you break a sweat...but I do agree that real weights are better.
  • dumbcowboyhat
    dumbcowboyhat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I shake my cats violently, how do I log those calories?

omg. I just snorted water out of my nose.
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    Sorry...can't help you with the caloric burn, but I have seen some research indicating that people are getting shoulder & elbow injuries from the Shake weight....I am sure there is a joke behind that (or really...right at the surface) but I am serious. Be careful if you decide to use it....
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Not sure calories burn, depends on a lot of different factors, get a HRM. Another crazy gadget before the shake weight is the Dyna-Flex, for all you who laugh, see if you can do it. In a few minutes your forearms burn crazy. Rock climbers use em to improve hand strength/grip. They also help with arthritis and carpenter hands.