would you have a duck fit seeing a post about you???

Options

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't post "vents" about my husband, unless it's something that he and I have talked about. Communication is a key part of a successful relationship, so if I have a problem with him, I *gasp* talk to HIM about it, instead of badmouthing him all over creation. Anything I say to other people about him is something that he already knows about, and I know he wouldn't be embarrassed or upset if he heard me sharing.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I never heard the term duck fit before. I like it and am going to steal it
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    ive been on message boards for a good 15 years seen it time and time again people randomly blowing off steam about their partners not being supportive for one reason or another at home , what would you do if you sat on the computer a home and noticed your guy or gal posted something bad about you on a message board? ever have it happen?? forget to log off or left the screen open?

One time I instant messaged my friend how I was breaking up with my psycho b/f after Christmas and sent it to HIM instead. Of course you can imagine how the blood drained from my body....He freaked and called my office about 20 times, screaming and yelling at me....even came by.
    I got fired.
    And I had to leave the province to free myself from him. READ THIS YA JERK, lol
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    My wife went though my phone and all my mfp messages and I assume posts.
    It was rather ugly.
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My husband vents about me on one of the forums he frequents. I don't mind. It's his way of blowing off steam so he doesn't yell at me.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    On the one hand, I'd probably be really pissed.

On the other hand, I vent to my girlfriends on the phone or over a glass of wine if I'm mad at my bf for whatever reason. It's usually something really dumb and minor, and I blow off steam, get it off my chest, and I'm done with it. If it's a legit problem, I usually seek counsel from my friends and then talk with my boyfriend. Some people are closer to their online community of friends than they are to friends in their regular life, so perhaps they feel more comfortable seeking help from forums.

I think the difference is sometimes in here I see some pretty serious stuff that I'd NEVER broadcast to the internet. Things that if I had those kinds of problems, I'd probably talk to my mom or best friend about and address it with my significant other and that's it.

ETA: I've never made a negative post about my bf, and fortunately, he's a really private person and he doesn't internet, so I don't have to worry about that with him.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Haha would love it, i would sign on as an unknown user/avatar and get into the discussion with them not knowing it was me-Ty
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I would just talk to them about whatever issue it was they brought up, and ask them to just come to me about it next time so we could handle it.
  • talzybob
    talzybob Posts: 80
    Options
    i tend to talk about it with them face to face. normally to many people are doing to much naggin and find that it soon gets back to them when it shouldnt. if ive resolved ill post about it to give a lil friendly advice to people how to avoid the situation, but for me i tend to find oth might be a fault and deal with it face to face. i cant be doing with people whinning on forums and profiles. it in my view spoils it for other people.

my so called friend posted a horrible post about my sister on facebook. i reported him and flagged which post it was. he had his account blocked and wasnt allowed another using that email address. it was horrible. my sister was pregnant at the time and he just laid into her for being pregnant. last time i checked working full time, being 23, in her own house and having a partner to support her was a good thing. but he didnt seem to think so. i think he was one of those people that trolls peoples pages. makes me angry whe people cant be nice.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I'd ask her about it, not angrily or confontationally - just ask what I had done to cause an issue that she didn't feel she could talk to me about. If you don't have honest communication, you have a problem.

Unless it was a typical "men!" comment to one of her female friends, then I'd just see if I'd done something specific to piss her off, and if not I'd ignore it, because that's perfectly normal. I can't count the number of times I've seen guys griping about some detail of their relationship in a bar, and women do the same thing.
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My wife never posts anything so if I saw a post by "her" I would have to assume aliens abducted her and replaced her., and I would pray that this replacement was a nimpho.
    bahaha... such a "guy" thing to say... it made me laugh out loud
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    "Duck fit" makes me think of the Aflac duck. He goes crazy and starts squawking and flailing when he gets angry.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Was it on FB? - Yes, as FB sucks. However, not a possibility really - As he posts 'nothing' on FB.

He is a pretty private person, so if I did find something, that means I really EFFED UP and better start making him 'sandwiches' to get back in his good graces.

I mildly complain on here -=shrugs=-, but nothing super serious or personal. He typically finds out about it anyway as the conversation usually ends in, "So and So from MFP gave me some good advice......"
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I would give some serious thought to what I read to determine whether it's just blowing off steam or a legitimate complaint that I need to address. Sometimes it's good to see things from someone else's perspective.
  • talzybob
    talzybob Posts: 80
    Options
    My wife went though my phone and all my mfp messages and I assume posts.
    It was rather ugly.

id be asking why she was going through your phone firs. to me there is no trust there. if you let her do it then fine but to do it sneakily means shes worried about someting and you should be sorting that out first
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    My wife never posts anything so if I saw a post by "her" I would have to assume aliens abducted her and replaced her., and I would pray that this replacement was a nimpho.

Yesssssssssss

that being said, I would wonder why he wouldn't just come to me first. However, I have sought advice on how to approach M about stuff on message boards before, I like the advice from a non-emotional perspective. You do sometimes get the stab him, castrate him, then leave him in the river responses, but normally you get the common sense answer that your emotions or closeness to the situation isn't allowing you to see. I do not do this in forums like fb where people actually know us irl.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    We rant in person. More fun that way, cyber make-up sex just doesn't hold a candle to the real thing.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I would create a fake profile, and start flirting hard with her and see where it all goes. Hopefully, I'd get it all the way to meeting up with her. Then, she would show up somewhere, and I'd be there. Ha, ha. Then, I'd tell her f*** off.

Oh wait, maybe I get carried away sometimes. Lol

I would want to address it with her. It would completely depend on what it is. The major issue would be why she didn't talk to me about it. So, that would probably become a very big deal.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

One time I instant messaged my friend how I was breaking up with my psycho b/f after Christmas and sent it to HIM instead. Of course you can imagine how the blood drained from my body....He freaked and called my office about 20 times, screaming and yelling at me....even came by.
    [/quote]

Can you say OOPS...
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    ive been on message boards for a good 15 years seen it time and time again people randomly blowing off steam about there partners not being supportive for one reason or another at home , what would you do if you sat on the computer a home and noticed your guy or gal posted something bad about you on a message board? ever have it happen?? forget to log off or left the screen open?

I wouldn't do it and I wouldn't want it done to me. It's not respectful and is probably going to make whatever problem being vented about worse.