How far do you travel to go to the gym and workout???

Options

Replies

• Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    my gym is the exit between work and home.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1/4 of a mile and $20.00 a month. :)
  • Jem_Girl
    Jem_Girl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the same building as my work, so it takes about 2 minutes to get there. Now, that makes it 30 minutes from my home, so I wouldn't work out there on the weekends. I like my gym for convenience and being women-only, but they could use more room for classes. They just sort of spread out in front of some of the weirder machines for their zumba, etc. Since it's always mid-class by the time I get off work, I have to walk through a bunch of bouncing or squirming bodies on the floor to get to the locker room... :laugh:
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky, my gym is in the same building as my work place so I literally walk 3 blocks in the same building to get to my gym. Not only that my membership is fully paid for which includes studio classes and because my department is so supportive when it comes to being healthy they allow me to take my full hour break plus both 15 minute breaks (if needed) all at the same time (over the lunch hour period) to take a studio class :)
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I used to go to the YMCA that was 4 miles away, but they just opened a Planet Fitness 2 miles away. It's cheaper, open longer, and a way better deal, IMO. Oh, when I go running I go to a nature center that's 3 miles away. I used to live out in the country and the closest gym was 30 minutes away. It was a pain, but worth it :)
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My gym is 2 miles away fro mmy home, so I walk both ways and get in a bit of extra cardio. ;)
  • twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It's a 5 minute walk from my dorm on campus to the University Recreation Center!!! There are walking trails around the lakes right behind the same building!
  • jamlastsforages
    Options
    I aim to work out at the gym three times a week if possible (other days I do a mix of JM workout videos). There's a sports complex in my neighbourhood, situated about five-minute walk away from where I live but if I go with my regular gym buddy, we'll go to a gym fifteen-minute train ride away because it's midway from where we both live but it's still convenient. They're public gyms but well-equipped, methinks.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My gym is in my basement... so one flight of stairs is all it takes me :)
  • AR73
    AR73 Posts: 107
    Options
    Less than 10 metres from my bedroom!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I walk across the street to the YMCA or down two flights of stairs to our game/workout room to do a DVD.
  • janey1306
    janey1306 Posts: 83
    Options
    I joined the local authority gyms and pools. I pay £32.50, for that I can use 6 gyms, 5 pools and any class at any of the gyms. I use 4 of them, depending on what class im doing and the furthest one away is 15 minutes drive
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    5 miles to the Y in my area. I am lucky
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    My gym is literally on the way home from work. I don't go out of my way for it at all because I hit it immediately after work once or twice a week. The other days I simply work out from home.
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If I walk from home it's 10 minutes. If I take the train from work, it's 5 mins.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    5 minutes...its on the way to the kids' school so I just hit the gym right after I drop them off at 7:15 every morning. I don't think I would go as much if it wasn't so convenient.
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My gym is literally across the street. Thank God!
  • katisabanana
    katisabanana Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    about a block walk!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Just a hop, skip & a jump, my gym is in my house :smile:
  • jnoring
    jnoring Posts: 93
    Options
    I use to go to a gym 20 minutes away. It was very cheap 20 dollars a month and I could also tan and take one guest. The gas was killing me going there every day. My boyfriend actually just put my treadmill together so I now just stay home. Though I liked having the options to work out on different machines .