What do you do when you just want to SNACK?

Options

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    In addition, if you feel like snacking all day, do it. Keep it healthy, keep it within your cals. I do it all the time near university deadlines etc.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    eat some celery or a grapefruit
  • arisbella805
    Options
    I tend to feel "hungry" when I'm bored, like when I am at work, and there is nothing to do I will take out my food and eat, but not cuz I'm hungry, its cuz I am just bored. So I just drink water now and it takes away the craving :) I love junk food, its the best, like on a friday movie night with my girsl and some junk food, its the best! But I cant be eating like that if I want to lose weight..so just try drinking water and not thinking about that junk food! Best of luck!!!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    When I really feeling snacky, I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Embrace that feeling because it means your diet is working. Your body is craving what you have taken away from it. That is why every 6-7 days you should have a cheat meal something that is not even close to your diet but don't over do it. It keeps you sane and gives you something to look forward to when you get those attacks.
    [/quot

:glasses: Exactly what I was going to say!!! :glasses: I actually use every Sunday for my cheat meal, I look forward to my Sundays everyday. :tongue: It really does keep you sane and really does help me with my attacks knowing Sunday cheat meal is round the corner!!!! :laugh: Hahahahahahaha! :laugh:
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I snack!

- low calorie, high protein bars
    - fruit
    - popcorn
    - basically whatever I am craving at the moment

I just make sure to log everything that goes into my mouth!

9821387.png
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I log into MFP and try to distract myself (what I am doing now at this moment lol)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is an awesome snack... Carrot/celery/whatever sticks with salsa or hummus, dried fruit, a yoghurt (i love greek with a thin layer of honey) a small jacket potato with some tuna...
    If you don't have "big" calorific meals, you can snack all you like.
  • NavaGirl35
    NavaGirl35 Posts: 36
    Options
    string cheese (lite), or fruit.... don’t think of your meal intake as a diet but as a healthy lifestyle..... and yes that’s your mind talking to you not your body..... portion and track them......
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Just a thought ...... perhaps a "healthy" food that you eat earlier in the day is causing cravings .... for instance, I just can't eat bananas or even most types of bread ...... these are trigger foods for me .....
  • amandagbarton
    Options
    Hot tea or a broth helps suppress that urge to snack. If you really want a crunch there is air popped popcorn with different herbs or rice cakes with salsa.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I leave the house!!! I either go for a walk or head out shopping or to the library or whatever actually. I find that I just have to get out of the house and keep busy when it hits!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I try and eat an apple.

Apples are great -- they are filling, crunchy and you don't feel guilty after you eat one.
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    I know it sounds weird, but I embrace that hungry feeling, especially when I know I've been eating correctly. If I have the urge to snack, I drink a green smoothie, water or suck on frozen grapes
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Protein is your best friend... I grab a Greek yogurt. about 120 calories and 16 grams of protein in a little Chobani tub... YUM! keeps me full for hours!
  • hannahbanana0480
    hannahbanana0480 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For all of those people who think they are being cutesy with thier rude responses, she is not asking about having just a snack, she is asking about snackING. Like, when you want to just snack on *kitten* all day. Why don't you actually try understanding the question and reading before you type your idiot responses?!?!?

THANK YOU!! I could seriously cry sitting here reading all the rude comments. I'm looking for a little support. :/ OBVIOUSLY I know to eat healthy food. OBVIOUSLY I know to drink water. I OBVIOUSLY know that if I'm hungry I should eat and not starve myself. I'm doing everything right. Seriously. I'm asking about getting "the munchies" or feeling like eating a bunch of total crap just because it tastes good. Is everyone making these lovely comments immune to that feeling? Do you honestly not get what I'm talking about? Congrats on your awesomeness. Wow..

Haha! Thanks for calling me awesome:) Made my day. I just couldn't take it anymore. I had to say something. I have been on MFP for over a year and had to delete my old profile and create one where I am more annonymous because of rude people. This used to be a place of great information and encouragement and has slowly become the place to troll around and be rude to people. It's very dishartening. People are more concerned with having the wittiest(****tiest, IMO) comments to people to make them feel better about themselves...I guess. This isn't 6th grade. I also understand it is the internet, but it is sad to see that people choose to hide behind the computer to bully other people. Ugh....
  • kate_n_pjs
    kate_n_pjs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify. I'm not hungry at all. Just want to stuff my face. I've already eaten several healthy snacks, but what I really want is junk. Sooo... I watered the garden, popped in a piece of gum, and voila! It passed. But I have a feeling it won't always be that easy. I guess this is what will power is. Never had THAT before!

I completely understand what you are feeling. Because my brain just wants to eat I sometimes make an extra large snack plate for dinner. I fill a dinner plate with carefully measured snacks that when I sit down to eat will take a long time and fill me up.

Example:
    1/4 cup of hummus
    2 carrots that have been cut into strips
    2 ribs celery that have been cut into strips
    1/2 cucumber that has been sliced pretty
    12 grape tomatoes
    5 green olives
    1/2 cup raw broccoli
    1 small sliced apple

It takes forever to eat this, and it is awesome
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Brown rice cake w/ 1 TBS of low fat cream cheese or peanut butter. baby raw carrots with homemade hummus. What time of day does this feeling hit you? If you want something sweet, 1/2 cup low fat vanilla ice cream (no sugar added) , 1 TBS Smucker's sugar free carmel sauce, 2 pecan halves broken into pieces and a dollop of cool whip.
  • archgrrrl
    archgrrrl Posts: 62
    Options
    Sounds like your plan to avoid snacking worked for you :) For those times when I'm not hungry but still feel the NEED to snack (which happens from time to time), I go ahead and snack. I get baked snacks - liked Baked Cheetos or baked potato chips. Or I snack on chocolate chips or pretzel crisps or turkey pepperoni. Yes, it's all still "junky" food, but sometimes it's what I feel I need - emotionally or mentally. And I don't allow myself to feel guilty for indulging in a "snack attack" once in a while. I just log it and if it happens to fit into my calories for the day, great - and if not, meh, oh well. :)
  • Dreamcyn
    Options
    Old thread, I know, but..

As of this moment, I've been craving for like an hour. Not hungry-- my stomach feels fine-- but I'm desperate to munch on something. So I drank a glass of water and am now nibbling on kimchi for simple satisfaction (i generally crave salt & citrus, not sweets) and afterwards I plan to have another glass of water and brush my teeth to end it all!
    Hoping it works... I could munch on things (even healthy things) for hours.