i need your avocado recipes

Options

Replies

• smoffette
    smoffette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Make a pesto sauce with it - use the avocado instead of cream/parmesan. Eat with whole wheat pasta and diced tomatoes...MMMM!
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    chips with guacamole always a good choice.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Avocado-Banana Smoothie

1 avocado

1 banana

1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt

1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice (from 3 oranges) I used store bought – Simply Orange

1/4 cup honey ( I used an 1/8 cup agave nectar)

2 1/2 to 3 cups of ice

Blend until smooth
  • kandire
    kandire Posts: 87
    Options
    Tried this for the first time tonight and I really loved it!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/avocado-egg-salad.html
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Make a sandwich, add avocado. Simple!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks guys, I think I need more avocados now!

Lisa, the banana and avocado mash would be perfect for both myself and my six month old!
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse

Ingredients:

1 ripe avocado, skin and pit removed
    3 1/2 tablespoons dark chocolate cocoa powder
    3 1/2 tablespoons honey

Directions:

Place avocado and dark chocolate cocoa powder in food processor. Add honey.
    Process avocado, cocoa powder and honey for approximately one minute, pausing to scrape the sides, or until a thick, smooth mousse forms
    Spoon mousse into a small bowl, top with slivered almonds, fresh fruit or chocolate chips and enjoy

Note: You may simply add more cocoa powder and honey if you prefer more chocolate or sweetness!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Avocado, Tomato, Cheese (notmelted), Mayo - Sandwich.

Best thing EVER
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    Avocado ranch dressing...you can either buy a packet and mix it yourself or just add some avocado to your favorite premade ranch dressing. Delicious.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    BOCA burger topped with avocado slices, and a little cream cheese (the onion and chive flavored kind) on the bun. Sometimes I add salsa. SOOOO GOOD
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Shredded Chicken Breast mixed with the mashed avocado, diced cucumbers and a scoop of salsa. Eat on bread or a romain lettuce leaf.. YUM!
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    whole grain toast, with mashed (or scraped, or sliced and spread on) ripe avocado, with a little sea salt grated on top. yum!
    Add sliced tomato ^

Chicken, Cheese and Avocado grilled or toasted sandwiches but then I remembered you said 'no fowl'.

Put it into protein shakes.
  • LavaRoushFiveOh
    LavaRoushFiveOh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have been eating them raw lately on my salads. However if you want to make some Guacamole then you can do the following. I am from New Mexico and this is how my famiily has always done it.

3 Avocados
    3 roasted green chiles (or more or less, depending on how much you want to taste and how hot it is)
    1tsp Garlic powder (or use 1-2 cloves of freshly minced cloves)
    Salt and Pepper (whatever you like for taste)
    2 TBSP low fat mayo (you can use sour cream, I like Mayo)

I roast the chile on the grill until the skin is bubbling, then sweat them in a bag for about 25 minutes, peel and chop. Mix the garlic with the chile. If you can't get whole REAL green chile then I am sure you can get Bueno or Hatch frozen chile at your grocer. This works fine, just doesnt taste as good and you can't get really hot chile.

Put everything else in a bowl and mix until guacamole consistency.
  • hkatrobos
    hkatrobos Posts: 49
    Options
    1/2 avacado with an over easy egg in the pit over sauteed spinach and a few diced tomatoes!!
  • CISTER57
    CISTER57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just discovered the greek yogurt and avocado when I ran out of non fat sour cream,add lime juice, stir and enjoy.
  • carlajp18
    carlajp18 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Diced avocado and cucumber, add feta, fresh lemon juice, pepper. Makes a great side dish!
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I like to mash an avocado then add chopped yellow or orange bell peppers, tomatoes, lime juice, and whatever other veggies I have on hand/feel like throwing in, then using that as filling for lettuce wraps. yummy, low calorie, and SUPER filling
  • reynaldoochoa
    reynaldoochoa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    guacamole - mashed avocado, diced tomatoes, chopped onion, minced garlic & lime juice and tortilla chips
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This is how I make guacamole

2 or 3 Avocado smashed with the fork
    1.5 or 2 tomatos sliced in cubes
    3 Scallion/green onion/green shallots (only the white part and only 3 if they are like 2 centimeters of diameter, if they are bigger, reduce the quantity)

Mix it up and add:

- Pepper
    - Salt
    - Lemon, like less than a teaspoon
    - Vinager, less than a teaspoon
    - Tabasco less than a teaspoon
    - Balsamic vinegar less than a teaspoon
    - Oil (not Olive, the regular one) also less than a teaspoon

Enjoy with some corn chips

This is for like.. 4 people... If you want only for 1 or 2 people 1 avocado half a tomato and 1.5 green onion...
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Avocado, goat cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper
    San :)