Help! Tired of the same old chicken!

Options
2»

Replies

• lbrsmom
    lbrsmom Posts: 18
    Options
    smother boneless.skinless chicken breasts in the sauce of your choice, cook for 20 minutes, flip cook for another 10(or increments based on your ovens cooking speeds) put a slice of sharp cheddar cheese and serve with sweet potato! :)
    I use bbq sauce of my choice...the chicken is soooooooooooo moist! Its delicious and not bad fo ryou at all!

enjoy
  • WhatDoesLisa
    WhatDoesLisa Posts: 214
    Options
    One of my favorites is not the lowest in calories, but very delicious and kid-friendly.

From bettycrocker.com...

Oven Fried Chicken Tenders

1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
    1 egg
    1 tablespoon Water
    1 cup plain or Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs (I use plain)
    1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
    1 package (or 1 1/4 lb chicken breast tenders)...I just slice up chicken breasts

Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with foil and spray to prevent sticking
    Place flour in a shallow dish. Beat Egg and Water together in another shallow dish. Mix bread crumbs and cheese in a third dish. Coat chicken with flour, dip into egg mix, and then coat with bread crumb/cheese mix.
    Bake 15-20 minutes, turning once until chicken is cooked through.
    Recipe makes 4 servings.

1 serving is 330 calories. Much better tasting than processed chicken tenders from a bag!

My mom makes this with crushed up Kellog's Corn Flakes instead of the panko. She also adds fresh herbs to it. It is amazing.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This looks great, but I am getting WAY higher than 255 calories per serving. So watch that number.
  • knjantz
    knjantz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh so many options here lol. My favorite is to cook it in a skillet with some garlic and pepper. You can also put it in the crockpot and let it simmer all day with some bbq sauce and have shredded chicken, baked chicken, you can even get some shake and bake and put it on there for something very different, try different seasons it can really change it up. One day do garlic, the next Mediterranean, next Italian, next lemon, etc etc so it never tastes the same. We love the sweet chili sauce you get in the ethnic section of most grocery stores. It has hardly any calories in it but gives it a great flavor. Another favorite is to slice up some green peppers, red peppers, onions, baby tomatoes and throw them all in a skillet with some EVOO and the chicken and let them simmer together. try some ranch packets (the dry kind) to make a coating on it. We made some homemade chicken strips once by cutting them into strips and dipping them in some shake and bake, cut up a baked potato and threw it all in teh oven and it was like chicken strips and fries, only better for you :) Grill it on the grill will give it a different flavor, crockpot with some chicken broth, get creative with some marinades and spices and you can eat different chicken every day. Also, if you have Pinterest there is a pin called 175 days of chicken, all taste completely different, all are healthy and from what I have made- they are good! Hope this helps!! :)
  • tawny2727
    tawny2727 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite chicken meals

Ground Chicken (seasoned in low sodium taco seasoning)
    Brown Rice (1 package boil in a bag)
    Green Salsa (I mix it in the rice to give it some spice & flavor)
    Refried Black Beans (small can)
    2% shredded cheddar cheese

I mix then all together in a bowl or make a burrito with a whole wheat tortilla! It's so easy and good. I store everything separate so if I want a burrito or bowl I can add my ingredients. Sometimes I leave out the rice and beans.
  • Aestes21
    Aestes21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump