Would you date a one night stand?

Options
chatnel
chatnel Posts: 688 Member
Just interested in everyone's views on this. Would you date someone you had hooked up with?

Anyone met their current partner that way?

Replies

• tnmomof3
    tnmomof3 Posts: 177
    Options
    never had a one night stand
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    If I liked her to hook up, in my book that's date-able
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    well....the partner i was with for nearly 8 years began as a one night stand....he took me home from a karaoke bar one night....when i was a 26 yr old divorcee....

i was out trying to get my mind off of my divorce and boom.....

wasn't used to drinking (or singing publicly for that matter...lol)

so a few drinks and i stupidly slept with him

(he wasn't an absolute stranger, but we were NOT close enough to be in my panties together, ya know/....hahaaa)

anyway...one night stand became "**** buddy"....**** buddy became "friends with benefits"....friends with benefits became "madly in love and inseperable"....which then became "together for 7.5 years with a relationship built around co-dependency"....

:grumble: i could kick myself ....repeatedly

so.........................................................................the short answer would've been no:laugh:

i guess it could work for some people *shrugs* who knows?
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    been there done that, didn't work out because I moved but was great while it lasted
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    well....the partner i was with for nearly 8 years began as a one night stand....he took me home from a karaoke bar one night....when i was a 26 yr old divorcee....

(he wasn't an absolute stranger, but we were NOT close enough to be in my panties together, ya know/....hahaaa)

anyway...one night stand became "**** buddy"....**** buddy became "friends with benefits"....friends with benefits became "madly in love and inseperable"....which then became "together for 7.5 years with a relationship built around co-dependency"....

so.........................................................................the short answer would've been no:laugh:

LOL!

Nope, if I liked her enough that I thought I wanted to date her I probably wouldnt of slept with her in a one night stand scenario.
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options

LOL!

Nope, if I liked her enough that I thought I wanted to date her I probably wouldnt of slept with her in a one night stand scenario.

EXACTLY....lol

that's one of those face palm things

ugh

that ya never understand why did, i will wonder wtf was i thinking....well into the afterlife....bwahahhaaaa
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I would say yes.
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I married my one night stand and was with him for 12 years. We have a 12 year old daughter together that we co-parent. She gets really mad when she gets in trouble, because I say, "Before we can discuss this, we need to get daddy on skype."

He was in a band, we met after one of his shows, ended up hooking up, and the rest is history. Our split was very amicable and we still talk on the phone 2-3 times a week. We just got to that point where we knew we weren't right for each other anymore. I grew up, he didn't.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I don't do one-night stands anyway. It's different for some people, but I think sex should be something very special, and for me, it must be with someone I can really open up to and just be free with, vulnerable. But I've been with the same guy for almost four and a half years, so I don't think I'll have any one-night stands in my future.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Never had a one-night stand either, but I agree with what someone else said. If I would screw them then I would date them. Why not?
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I thought if you dated them then they were no longer a one night stand? Or do I have this confused, never had one (one night stand) so I dunno.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    I actually married a guy who was supposed to be a one night stand.

Ok, so it was an online one night stand. We met on a sex chat site. The site crashed before things got good so we added each other on Yahoo. For some reason we started talking the next day, realized we clicked, now we're married and have 2 kids!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. I did date a guy for 2 years that started out as a one night stand but usually most one night stands at least in my experience (I haven't had many but I wasn't a saint either in my late teens to early twenties) are the end results of a drunken night out or at least involve some type of alcohol in a social setting. Sometimes when morning arrives, the person you thought was awesome is not so awesome when you're sober and you're glad to leave the one night stand as just that.
  • thunder_dan
    thunder_dan Posts: 44
    Options
    I've never had a one night stand. I've had several opportunities though, but I'm not the type of guy to be easily seduced. I've always found relationships to be best when trust is established first. That seems to be hard to find these days. If someone is easy to hook up with, then I immediately think they would probably just as easily move on to someone else after they have had their fun with me. I'm not interested in being the man she's interested in for the night, or week. Trust leads to a relationship, a relationship leads to sex in my book.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    It depends on the chemistry but usually NO. I believe that if a guy has good intentions, he wouldn't do that on a first date. I'm not a saint & I had one way back 9 years ago that I only talked via SMS. I was still in my early 20's & kinda immature. Honestly I never thought that it would be a one night stand but it turned out that way. After a month of texting, we agreed to meet up in a shopping mall & when we met I immediately felt there was no chemistry but nevertheless I still accepted his offer to take me to an exclusive bar. Well to put it simply, it happened after having been downed with two tall glasses of margaritas. The next day he drove me home & I never heard from him again.

From there I learned my lesson not to accept any drinking invitations on a first date.
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopoenopenopenopenopenopenope.
    Oops, already tried it. Never again, not on my life.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    All of my serious relationships came from one night stands. :laugh: :blushing:
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I've never had a 1-night stand either. I've had a few 6-8 hour stands, but that's about it.

No! Hit it and Quit it are completely different type of dateable women.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I bought a house with a guy that was supposed to be a one night stand. We messaged online for months before we met because I just wasn't comfortable with hooking up with someone that was 7 years younger than I was. We both made it very clear that we were not interested in a full on relationship. We were both seeing multiple people. Well guess what. Lightning strikes when you least expect it. We bought the house 14 months after our first meeting and are still happy together 7 years later.