Brooks, Asics, New Balance??

124»

Replies

• kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    I do strike mid-foot, so that's not an issue...
  • WendySue75
    WendySue75 Posts: 98 Member
    I am with you... extremely flat footed :mad: I went to a podiatrist years ago, and he told me with my feet type (this matters tremendously!) that I must only buy sneakers that, A: when you try 'n squeeze the back of the shoe (by the achilles tendon) you cannot squeeze together. B: when holding toe end of shoe in one hand, and holding heel end of shoe in the other, you are unable to bend the shoe in half, or much less beding at all. AGAIN, THIS IS FOR A FLAT FOOTED PERSON. Now, i used to always buy New Balance because they were the best at having both these qualities... but in my opinion, they are no longer the best.... his list back then to me was: New Balance, Asics, Etonics and Brooks. I have a very hard time now to find ones that do not have the "netting"... they seem to have too much give in them. FINDING A GOOD SNEAKER FOR ME REQUIRES trying on every kind, of course after I've done the "bendind test" then, really getting a good feel for how they fit my foot. This makes for very frustrating visits to the shoe dept. never easy, and like i said, New Balance used to my old faithful go-to shoe, but not any longer! Because my feet are so bad, I pretty much have to wear my sneakers with Dr. Sholes inserts in them EVERY DAY... and in addition to that, I walk an average of 30 miles per week exercising, so shoes don't last very long. I am actually scheduled to see another podiatrist next week to see if my insurance will cover custom orthodics... PRAYING THEY WILL.... 'cause these are not enough support for my feet.... also have been dealing with plantars fachiitis OUCH for 7 months now, and have had enough of that.... OH THE JOY OF FOOT ISSUES... anyway I have gone on WAYYYY TOOOO LONG.... Good Luck... foot support is SO IMPORTANT... BE CHOOSEY!!!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Loved my Saucony's...very cushiony, great arch support, and light. Maybe go to a store that analyzes your walk, stride, arches. They can then set you up properly. (Runner's World, etc)

^ this!

I have Sauconys too, love them to bits, they are so damned comfortable!!!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Bump for reference b/c I just got shin splints on both sides & definitely need to buy new shoes & get fitted if there is a place around here...
  • kmbhoya2000
    I am with you... extremely flat footed :mad: I went to a podiatrist years ago, and he told me with my feet type (this matters tremendously!) that I must only buy sneakers that, A: when you try 'n squeeze the back of the shoe (by the achilles tendon) you cannot squeeze together. B: when holding toe end of shoe in one hand, and holding heel end of shoe in the other, you are unable to bend the shoe in half, or much less beding at all. AGAIN, THIS IS FOR A FLAT FOOTED PERSON. Now, i used to always buy New Balance because they were the best at having both these qualities... but in my opinion, they are no longer the best.... his list back then to me was: New Balance, Asics, Etonics and Brooks. I have a very hard time now to find ones that do not have the "netting"... they seem to have too much give in them. FINDING A GOOD SNEAKER FOR ME REQUIRES trying on every kind, of course after I've done the "bendind test" then, really getting a good feel for how they fit my foot. This makes for very frustrating visits to the shoe dept. never easy, and like i said, New Balance used to my old faithful go-to shoe, but not any longer! Because my feet are so bad, I pretty much have to wear my sneakers with Dr. Sholes inserts in them EVERY DAY... and in addition to that, I walk an average of 30 miles per week exercising, so shoes don't last very long. I am actually scheduled to see another podiatrist next week to see if my insurance will cover custom orthodics... PRAYING THEY WILL.... 'cause these are not enough support for my feet.... also have been dealing with plantars fachiitis OUCH for 7 months now, and have had enough of that.... OH THE JOY OF FOOT ISSUES... anyway I have gone on WAYYYY TOOOO LONG.... Good Luck... foot support is SO IMPORTANT... BE CHOOSEY!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this!!
  • kmbhoya2000
    Bump for reference b/c I just got shin splints on both sides & definitely need to buy new shoes & get fitted if there is a place around here...

Yesterday online I found a few good sites with shoe reviews and questionnaires that give you different shoe options at then end. It's a lot of reading, and still confusing. Again I wish I was near a good running store!!!
  • kmbhoya2000
    http://www.runningshoesguru.com/2009/04/the-best-running-shoes-for-flat-feet-summer-2009/
    This is an article from 2009 so has old shoe models, but has good info

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-319--4615-0,00.html
    This is a good article that takes you to the shoe finder