What Do You Drink? (non alcoholic)

Options

Replies

• Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Water and coffee. If it's not alcohol, it's not worth the calories, in my opinion.

Lol... I have to say I agree with this! :laugh:
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I drink water and Earl Grey tea for the most part... Yesterday I had some hot chocolate. I don't think there's any other choices left apart from water when you're this fussy. Which is alright but you know, you have to drink something...
  • MrsWW57
    MrsWW57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a coffee lover; I drink two to three cups a day. I also like milk, but try to limit myself to one glass per day.

I've never had all that much love for pop. I only have it every once in awhile, usually only when I eat fast food, which has only been once since I joined myfitnesspal.

I never was all that fond of water either, but I like it much better since I drink filtered water from my Brita water pitcher. I also have added Crystal Light to it, but I'm sure it's not as healthy that way.

How about veggie or tomato juice? I haven't checked out the calories but I'm sure it's pretty low calorie.
  • iambabygoose
    iambabygoose Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've cut out coffee and I just drink pure water, give or take the odd glass of oj or smoothie a day. A good way of getting water down you is adding a splash of fresh lime :)

And if I go out for a drink and I'm having a no alcohol week I have soda water with a fsh lime wedge. Delish :) (and it's free haha)
  • sfb2510
    sfb2510 Posts: 28
    Options
    Diet drinks, or sugar free juices. Try fruit teas/herbal teas? they are quite horrible at first but after awhile you get used to them. Or lemon/lime slices in water. I find if you drink water before, with your meals and after, you easily can pack in the recommended daily amount.

I dont drink alcohol due to religious reasons so avoiding it is 2nd nature!
  • sonyalear2012
    sonyalear2012 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    water and 2 cups of coffee every morning and 1 glass Sugarfree Lemonade and Green Tea w/ a little bit Honey, Smoothies, Almond milk
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I drink water and I just started drinking juices. I been juicing my fruits and veggies.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Water and coffee. If it's not alcohol, it's not worth the calories, in my opinion.

Preach it! Other than my protein shake after a workout, I don't drink my calories unless it's a fine whiskey or wine. SO not worth it.
  • vrutwind
    vrutwind Posts: 25
    Options
    The only non-alcoholic drinks I drink regularly are still water, sparkling water, coffee, tea (obsessed with chai rooibos tea and ginger tea right now), almond milk, fat free milk or coconut water.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I work outside so I drink alot of water! It used to be gatoraide, but now just water. I usually drink a gallen of it just at work.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Water. Mad quantites of herbal tea (redbush, nettle, berry infusion, mint, etc). Lime and soda when I'm out usually. Alcohol free beer (Bavaria, Erdinger or Becks are my non-boozy booze of choice).
  • lpava
    lpava Posts: 8
    Options
    Why dont you like water? I find water with lemon to be dlish and so refreshing! It is the only thing that keeps my thirst away. I LOVE water though! Well-purified water not Spring Water! Are you drinking a water that tastes good to YOU?? Every brand of water tastes different to me even between purified waters. I prefer Dasani, Nestle, and my favorite is SmartWater. Find a water that tastes good to you! I cant stand Primo water, Spring Water, or Walmart Pure Water. Its all about taste.

Good luck! Water is good and once you get used to it, you will be sad every time you are thirsty and there is no water around! :D
  • MereExtraordinaire
    MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water, water, water, water!! I eased myself into a water-drinking fiend by adding lemon. Just cut up a lemon and take it to work with you so you can add fresh slices throughout the day. These days, I am well-known for always having a 32-oz Styrofoam gas station cup with me, and people are always surprised when I tell them it's never full of anything but water. Just keep drinking it, and eventually, as someone said before me, you'll start feeling weird if you don't drink enough of it!
  • laurajordana
    laurajordana Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A cup of coffee in the morning, water all day, and I recently discovered Trader Joe's low calorie lemonade made with stevia extract and sugar - only 40 calories per 8 oz and no artificial sweeteners... it's so good!! http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article.asp?article_id=93
  • cjv428
    cjv428 Posts: 124
    Options
    I only drink water and occasionally non-fat organic milk. I quit drinking alcohol when I began caring about my nutrition which was pretty difficult considering I'm still in college and have to spend every weekend sober amongst the most drunken of debauchery. It has actually made me really dislike alcohol and its effects on people. I don't know if those feelings will go away once I start drinking again (if I do), but as someone who began drinking in high school this is a complete change of heart.

I also used to love, love, love fruit juices and it was really hard to give them up, but I managed. Now that I think about it, if I can give up fruit juice I should also be able to get a grip on candy consumption. I never buy candy, but my boyfriend has a little coin machine filled with M&M's and Skittles in his room and sometimes it's really difficult for me to not indulge in 10 or so candies. I know they're straight up crap, but it is a true addiction. Maybe I'll focus some of this juice willpower onto the candy!
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I don't like water at all. I use Mio pretty much everytime i drink water. My favorites are berry pomegranate and mango. The nice thing is you can stick one in your purse and use it whenever you want. Good luck finding something you enjoy.
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    sometimes I add a little bit of lemon juice to my water if I don't feel like having plain water. Adding a lemon wedge would probably work too, but I almost never have lemons around
  • sarahsaur
    sarahsaur Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly water and unsweetened iced tea. In the morning I have a flavored drink mix packet though. I love slicing oranges and limes and putting them in my water. So tasty :)
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    I drink black coffee with sweetner in the AM and PM and drink at least four or five 16.9 fl oz bottles of water a day. I absolutely HATE drinking water but what helps me to actually enjoy my cold bottles of water is the wedge of fresh lemon I squeeze and jam into the bottle. lol :-)
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I was the same...hated plain water...so I started buying the sobe life waters...and over about three months I gradually weakened them until I was drinking about 1/8 of the sobe to 7/8 regular water. I have my last one in the fridge now...with a plain glass of water on the table...and I DID get used to it! I tend to crave the cleanness of plain water now. So weird, I would have sworn everyone was lying who said they liked water before. Lol

Plus I am saving $50 a week on the diet pop and flavored water I used to buy...that's a motivation to not go back!