Silk (soy milk) VS Skim Milk

Options
1235»

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Not all calves are killled. Females are kept for milk and breeding and young males are often sold. Some of the male calves are raised for meat, others for procreation, some for veal. I personally do not eat veal either but some of you do not know what goes on on a farm. BTW I'd wager someone would use human milk to save a calf from starving if there was no other option available. Your logic is flawed and your knowledge is limited.
  • Feddyvon
    Feddyvon Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Well, it looks like I may have drank my last glass of Silk Lite Vanilla Soy Milk. Maybe it's not conclusive evidence, but it's enough to make me give it up. I appreciate the info.

I've been drinking a glass of 1% after my workouts, and will probably just stick to that. I may mix in a little Whole Milk from time to time though.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty cheap so i go for skim, but Silk Vanilla/regular tastes WONDERFUL with honey nut cheerios mmmmm :D
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    We drink almond milk, flax milk, and rice milk. We occasionally buy the almond chocolate milk for a treat!
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    'Not all calves are killled.'

This is a defence ?!

Dairy production is evil and money driven!

It causes untold pain and suffering to the animals - therefore i do not take part in funding it through buying and drinking milk.

End of !!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I was drinking Silk until I heard that it turns into estrogen in a guy, and makes your boobs grow! Not something I was hoping to accomplish... I now drink Almond breeze Almond milk and almond-coconut blend. No adverse effects from it, and it tastes really good. I only use it to mix with my whey protein.

So, if I drank soy, my boobs would grow? SOLD!!
  • gabriellejmgb
    Options
    Silk is best in cereal, or lattes. Nonfat works best for cooking. I now use almond milk because the older I get the less I can digest lactose. I have read mixed reviews of which soy or skim is better for you. I don't know how accurate the studies were but one stated that soy milk decreases estrogen and libido, whereas milk does not. Soy does have other benefits (forgot what they were). Oh dear I guess this comment wasn't much help after all.
  • FretheMJsmokingcannibal
    Options
    I drink regular 2% w/ my cereal but flavor wise I prefer almond chocolate milk!
  • MissGraziano
    Options
    Soy milk is delicious, and so is almond milk. One cup of almond milk is only 35 calories!!! And they're animal friendly too!
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I have been drinking soy milk for 14 years. I prefer the taste to cows milk. I still have tiny boobs and actually had to go on birth control to regulate my estrogen because it was so low I was getting migraines!
  • Tommy4Gun
    Tommy4Gun Posts: 7
    Options
    Been debating the pros and cons since starting P90X in April and realizing whey powder is nasty with water so, since my cousin always drank it I started putting the powder in Silk. Tasted great but now I read about the hormone changes in men and I just lost my man boobs and 30 lbs and have no desire to get them back. So I am researching almond milk, non-fat milk, 1% and 2% milk vs Silk. Thanks for this thread and the options y'all have listed here. Here's to continued success and if anyone is interested in mine and my wife's success with P90X and our meal plans shoot me a message. Good luck.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk and Silk Light Original Soy Milk. My husband loves Silk Coconut Milk. We put it on cereal every day. All of it is awesome. My five year old LOVES it all!

I'm allergic to milk so it's perfect and I actually like it a lot better. Especially the part where I don't feel sick when I drink it.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My dad recently started drinking SILK instead of his normal Skim Milk... after trying one of his flavored Silks (almond dark chocolate) I must say that it is pretty good! And we are a HUGE milk drinking family... but I wondered... what is the real benefits to switching to Soy Milk? And how many of you are Pro Silk and how many are pro Skim Milk (flavored or not)? THANKS!!

try almond milk -lower calls, tastier and no hormones!
  • tipsykris
    tipsykris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't always drink milk, but when I do, I prefer Dos percent. Stay thirsty, my friends.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm team fat free. I don't like soy milk all that much but chocolate Silk is the one I have once in a while.