Anyone vegetarian?

Options
I'm looking for some new friends! Especially vegetarians. I recently kicked the meat habit (except fish) and would love to find some friends who are vegetarians. Hubby is pretty skeptical so would love to give and receive some support on mfp. Thanks!!

Replies

• LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi! I'm a pescatarian too! I felt a lot better when I cut meat out for good (besides fish, althought I rarely eat that...just a tuna sandwich here and there). Welcome to MFP, feel free to send me a friend request! :flowerforyou:
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am as well! I am going vegan for a week to shed some quick poundage tho!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm pescetarian! Feel free to add me :)
  • HarlequinnAsh
    Options
    I have slowly but surely been trying to cut back on meat and poultry, although the most I would do is a steak or burger or even just some chicken in a salad. But lately I have been swapping out meat for all veggies or fish, like salmon in salad is yummy! I know I told my husband that I would like to become a vegetarian while pregnant simply because I wouldn't feel right eating foods with growth hormones in them and he thought I went crazy but for the most part he is ok with my changes, I think hes mostly happy I didnt ask him to change.
  • FITBY30
    FITBY30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i skipped the veggie thing, and went straight to vegan. goin veg is great and when he sees how great you feel he wont be skeptical:) good luck!
  • MissGraziano
    Options
    I'm vegetarian! Trying to go vegan. :)
  • athleticknit
    Options
    i went vegetarian a year and a half ago to get healthy and fit , and ive never looked back since.
    not only is all veggie meals low in fat and high in protein which is great for building muscle and loosing weight
    but the vitamins and minerals you get from the food are excellent.

i havent looked back since - i even use a protein shake specially for vegetarians .

good luck and keep at it !
  • elinorrose
    elinorrose Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here too! :D
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    The wife & I are vegetarian going on vegan; feel free to add me. You also might want to search the groups; there are several there for us veggie types!
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some new friends! Especially vegetarians. I recently kicked the meat habit (except fish) and would love to find some friends who are vegetarians. Hubby is pretty skeptical so would love to give and receive some support on mfp. Thanks!!

Hi-I'm a "modified vegan". I can eat whatever I NEED to to make sure I am getting all nutrients needed. I try to stay away from animal products except no-fat yogurt, no-fat cottage cheese. I can eat eggs if I choose, fish if I choose, I can eat anything I need or want............just generally, on a day to day basis, I'm most often vegan. Add me if you would like to. I'm am not vegan as a "religion" though. I care for animals but if it's between them or me for survival, I'll eat the animal!! lol :)
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    if you are a vegan, does that mean you give up leather and other products made from animals? what about medication tested on animals?
  • dashtigerfang
    Options
    i'm a pescetarian too! (: (:
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian. Feel free to add me. That goes for everyone!

Thanks
  • TiffanyElaine89
    TiffanyElaine89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian for moral reasons....working on being more healthy. All I used to eat was bread and butter but I quickly changed that! When your healthy you feel so clean and energetic.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    <--- Eats No meat.... and lifts heavy!
  • danielle63026
    Options
    Hi! I'm a pescatarian as well! :)
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I was a lacto ovo vegetarian for over 10 years, just two months ago added fish (pescetarian) to my diet. Add me if you like!
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian with occasional seafood if I am out somewhere. But at home its all veggies all the time! Feel free to add, I have an open diary as well. Welcome!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Lacto-ovo pescatarian here, add me if you would like. I do not have an open diary for other reasons but I have been faithful on here for 135+ days now and I am only 4 lbs from my goal. I think I can be of some help.
  • Munjoyhillgal
    Munjoyhillgal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian also have been for a couple of years . I keep trying to go vegan, but never seem to do it for more than a couple of months.