Body Tattoos

Options
So I am thinking about getting tattooed, there is a tattoo expo next weekend and I have alot to put on me. What is your opinions on tattoos?

Replies

• Sksieger
    Sksieger Posts: 63
    Options
    Go for it! Tattoos are great! I would never get my done at an expo though unless you know who is going to be there and who you want to do it. Find a artist that does work you like and understands what you want.

I have a few and I plan to get more! :)

Good luck!
  • schenry417
    schenry417 Posts: 11
    Options
    Love them. I have 5 two of which are on my inner arms so they are very visible. I work at a law firm and they are totally okay with. So much okay with it that the attorneys I work for banded together to get me a gift certificate to finish one of my tattoos for my birthday.

So long as it's meaningful to you and you are okay with it and are in a place in your life where you will never regret it or want it removed, then I say go for it.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    everyone should own some great art... some people like to hang it on their walls some on their skin...

cant wait to get more this summer!!
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have 3, and love them. I am shooting to get my next one no later then the fall :)
  • dorkusmalorkus
    Options
    ****IN DO IT!!!!!!! lol i may be a bit biased but tattoos freakin rule! and usually great artists at expos!
  • Romeolo
    Romeolo Posts: 28
    Options
    ****IN DO IT!!!!!!! lol i may be a bit biased but tattoos freakin rule! and usually great artists at expos!

I definitely am!!! :)
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Big fan! The hubs has lots. I'm getting three new ones soon. A teal ribbon for my mom who passed away from ovarian cancer, an angel that The Boy drew when he was about that I adore, and a running tattoo that I haven't quited fleshed out the details on. Pun intended.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have 9 (and counting) myself, so I say go for it if it's something you want to do.
  • Romeolo
    Romeolo Posts: 28
    Options
    Big fan! The hubs has lots. I'm getting three new ones soon. A teal ribbon for my mom who passed away from ovarian cancer, an angel that The Boy drew when he was about that I adore, and a running tattoo that I haven't quited fleshed out the details on. Pun intended.

Amazing, Yeah I am definitely going for it. I wish you luck on getting more!
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Love tattoos but think that whatever you get should always have meaning. Not big on random cartoons and getting a tat just because everyone else has the same one.
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    :heart: I love tattoos, I have 2 and looking for my next.

But they must have a reason to be there!!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    JUST DO IT!!!! I have 13 currently and am getting my 14th in 2 weeks! I can't wait...I miss the sound of that needle!
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    Be careful choosing an artist and art work. I just spent 7 hours getting tattooed getting a cover up when some guy I either pissed in his corn flakes or was having a bad day changed my original drawing without my permission and I couldn't see because it was on my back.

The cover up and the guy I chose to do it? Totally kicks *kitten*. I'm probably turning it into a back piece
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are awesome! Do what makes you happy!
    I agree with seamonkey, definitely make sure to get a real artist and not a tattoo technician. :P
    I learned the hard way that not all tattooers are artists. The one who tatted a tiny heart on my ankle did a really mediocre job and now I'll have to find a real artist to get it re-done.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    tattoos are so damn...SEXY!!!!! ahhhhh!!!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    This will not be a popular response. I believe that many tattoos are tacky, unattractive, and poorly thought out. In 20 years or less, many folks are going to suffer from Tattooers' Remorse. I would make sure to have it done in a spot that can be covered because tattoos violate the dress codes of many companies. As for tattoos being the mark of an original person, it's not ground-breaking, iconoclastic, or defiant to do something that everyone else is doing. It's conformist.

If you select a foreign phrase, make sure a native speaker of the language confirms that it has been correctly rendered.

May you pick a nice one.
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Make sure it is well thought out and has personal meaning to YOU because it will be there forever. Laser removal hurts worse than tattoos and is costly so make sure this is what you want. And do not think so much about what other people will think...if it has meaning to YOU that is all that matters. I have 6 and want more. A couple are are so personal people have to ask..what does that mean? And I try to explain but yeah...they don't get it.

It isn't conformist to get a tattoo. It may be to get one in the exact same spot of the exact same thing as someone else...so don't do that.

As for violating dress codes, many tattoos can be hidden. And I feel society is becoming more open minded about them. I mean someone works for a lawyer...can't get more corporal than that.
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Love tattoos.....love the pain....need to get me another
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, plan on getting more. What I have and want to get have special meanings to me and were parts of my life that made me a stronger and better person. Good luck with whatever you choose to get!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Most of my tattoos are from random places when I was travelling or on vacation somewhere. And, all of them have symbolic meaning to me as well as a back story. So, my opinion is just do whatever you want. One life. Live it.