Did anyone just start in Sept. for their weight loss journey

Options

Replies

• gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi Fiftyandfit,

It is never too late to join our group. There is strength in numbers come join. We give our weight in on Monday. This way over the weekend it will help with our willpower.:drinker: :wink:
  • gnastro
    Options
    [
    September groups weights so far:wink: 9/30/09
    fiftyandfit - 175.4
    msmeghan -
    nolachick - 188
    brwnsgr - 176
    basinrunner - 139.5
    Divegirl - 171
    shellybelly83 -178
    jlb123 -257.8
    mamacindy -150
    gnastro -128.8
    linz320 -158
    ali258 - 241
    skinnyJess - 155
    JanetParks -
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • danagunsallus
    danagunsallus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi~ Im Dana from Bethlehem Ga!
    I started this journey almost exactly a week ago! I would like to join your group.
    I really have no support at home and could really use some accountability and encouragement. I really am my worst enemy! I have self defeating thoughts way too often. But I Do have determination!
    So- I have 50 pounds to lose.... and Im going to do it!
    Starting weight: 210
    Current Weight: 207
    Goal Weight: 160
  • gnastro
    Options
    My goals for October is to lose 3-5 lb by Halloween. Most important don't eat the Halloween candy!!!!
    Keep making smart choices and make time for exercise when I start to work this month. I do reward myself for my weight loss. I bought 2 pretty necklaces. I refuse to buy clothes because I still have clothes that don't fit in my closet.:grumble: :angry:
  • gnastro
    Options
    Hi Dana,

Welcome to our group we will be there for each other. Please post your weight on Monday.We are all our worse enemy at times. Stress sets me off but hubby doesn't get stressed. I have put your weight down with the rest of us. Good Luck !! See you on Monday.

:smile: Gina
  • gnastro
    Options
    September groups weights so far:wink: 9/30/09
    fiftyandfit - 175.4
    msmeghan -
    nolachick - 188
    brwnsgr - 176
    basinrunner - 139.5
    Divegirl - 171
    shellybelly83 -178
    jlb123 -257.8
    mamacindy -150
    gnastro -128.8
    linz320 -158
    ali258 - 241
    skinnyJess - 155
    JanetParks -
    Danagunsallus -207
  • gnastro
    Options
    What does everyone think our group name should be?

Suggestions

Sassy in September
    Sexy September etc have fun need ideas.:happy:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Well I hope we get some good ideas! I'd ask my 26 yr old daughter but she is on her way to Moldolva. I was happy to get up this morning and check the flight tracker and see that the plane had landed in Frankfurt. One more connection today and then the group will be there. It's a mission trip to help out at an orphanage. I was mostly glad to see that they had made it over the Atlantic!

Well housework and washing the dogs for me this morning. Fun Fun Fun!

I just feel better this week knowing that I've done the things I've been needing to do for a long time.

Has anyone got any suggestions about how to introduce this site to someone without suggesting "Hey, I think you are fat"? This is a newly married couple who are dear to me and I want them to be healthy.
  • bnewag123
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Is it too late to join the group? I started my journey on September 1st. My husband and I started doing P90X. We just started Phase 2 this week and I find myself having trouble staying motivated. I would really like to have a group to associate with and find encouragment.

Starting Weight 170.5
    Current Weight 164.0 on Saturday 09/26
    Goal Weight 135.0
  • slumberbug
    slumberbug Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mamacindy81,

I have wondered the same thing. I have mentioned to a couple of my girlfriends that I use this website but they just don't seem interested. I think if they got started, they would see what a huge help this site is.

You could always add a link to the website as part of your email signature. I always notice when someone has links or sayins posted in their sigs.

Pamela
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Has anyone got any suggestions about how to introduce this site to someone without suggesting "Hey, I think you are fat"? This is a newly married couple who are dear to me and I want them to be healthy.

Well, either when you have good results and they start commenting about how good you look, or if it just comes up in conversation, you could just mention the site and how wonderful it is. I always think it's best to bring up things like that if you're sharing a meal or coffee together -- something where it's obvious your eating habits have changed. Then you can explain why you're eating differently than you use to eat and just throw in some extra information about the site and how much you are enjoying your experience. I like to say myfitnesspal.com a bunch of times in conversation as a way to hint. :bigsmile:
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options

I would only recommend this site to someone who is interested in being healthy. I have mentioned this to a few friends but like me, they were already frustrated with their weight and had unsuccessfully attempted doing the gym thing or fad diets. However, if they are plump and happy that way? Then I would probably would leave them be...they'll come around on their own eventually. We all do. That's when they will be receptive. In addition, if they see you loosing weight and getting physically fit they may start asking you what you are doing? That may be an opportunity to tell them all about how great you feel, about this terrific site you found and all the friends you've made.

Just my 2cents
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Thanks Pamela, I'll try that.

My son, who is the BF of the husband, let me get him registered so that maybe he could introduce this to them. We actually had to put him down to "gain weight". He's the same size his dad was (only a little taller) when his dad was 26 but he still wants to learn about calorie intake now because he sees how his dad is now struggling with weight due to lack of exercise.

I'm baking sweet potatoes for lunch, I wish they would hurry up cause I'm hungry!
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sexy September Starters...I like it :wink: !
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What does everyone think our group name should be?

Suggestions

Sassy in September
    Sexy September etc have fun need ideas.:happy:

• cojenkinshcsg
    cojenkinshcsg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just joined a few weeks ago also I would love to join the group
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Welcome cojenkinshcsg!

(oooh, that's kinda long, can we shorten it to something a little easier?)

Anyway we are glad you are here, Just post your weight on Mondays. We are here to keep each other accountable and motivated.

Cindy
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options

I agree! I like Sexy September Starters!!! :happy: My goal is to be sexy in my eyes...not just my husband's, so why not have it in the name for more motivation! :wink: So excited to get to know all of you better and encourage eachother to reach our goals. Just a thought...should we make weekly goals and tell everyone what they are and then when we do our weekly weigh in we could say if we reached the goal/s. An example for me would be to stay away from sweets, stay within calorie limit, exercise at least 5x, etc.

Another thing I wanted to share with all of you is to treat yourself special TODAY!!! I always had the mindset that when I lost weight I would take more pride in my appearance, but this time I tried something different. I painted my nails have given myself pedicures a couple times, I've been doing the sunless tanning lotion, and just TRYING to make myself look better. That makes me feel better which in turn is helping me to make healthier choices. I feel more worth it this way. I know I've always been worth it, but now I am feeling more beautiful, too!!! :wink: There is just something about having softer feet, painted toenails, and tan skin (the healthy way) that make me feel skinnier and sexier. :laugh:

Hope you are all well and I will talk to you soon. Let's all make great choices this weekend so that Monday is kind to us! :wink: Blessings to all. :flowerforyou:
  • gnastro
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I started a new thread Sexy September Starters that is us. Pass it on to everyone under motivation & support.. Have a great weekend and remember we are all beautiful inside & out!!!:wink:
  • patrice27
    Options
    I joined Sept. 11. Count me in!