Easy Crockpot Recipes

Options

Replies

• leshawnturner
    Options
    bump for later...I'm not much of a cook and I was just trying to think of some thing that I can do that doesn't require a whole lot of attention from me but will turn out wonderful!!! I'm going to try some of these...does anyone know, does rice cook well in the crockpot??
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made Creamy italian chicken--6 ckn breasts, one envelope of italian dressing mix-- put in crockpot for 4 hours on high (I put in the frozen breasts) one hour before serving add a can of cream soup and 8 oz of cream cheese, I shred the chicken at this point. Serve over rice, potatoes or noodles. Yummy!
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    There's always the standard roast or stew.

For a Pot Roast:
    add a roast (pork , beef, whatever you want)
    add cut-up vegetables (I add carrots and potatoes, but you can add celery and onions too).
    One packet of pot roast mix and cover with water. Cook on low about 8 hours.

If you want stew, use lean stew meat and the same ingredients.

My personal favorite is smoked sausage, cabbage, pototoes, and carrots. It's super yummy. My mom uses sauerkraut instead of cabbage. It's super delicious and easy.
  • Steebs3
    Steebs3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    keep these coming!!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    if you like a lil kick here's what i made yesterday:

sliced up peppers i used red and orange
    sliced onions
    pork tenderloin
    cup of broth [veg, chicken, beef, whatever you have on hand]
    and a few tbsp of M&M meatshop [or other brand you like] spicy thai sauce [depending how hot you like it]

this didn't fill my crockpot very much so i placed some foil overtop and then the lid.

cook on low 6-8 hours
    then shred the pork

i use it on tortillas or rolls with lettuce and whatever other veggies you like
    super yum.
  • krussell_314
    Options
    Roast is a really good crock pot recipe. All you have to do is brown the roast and add the vegtables you enjoy and then fill with water just over the roast (It's better if you add some beef seasoning). Cook on low for 8hrs or high for 5hrs.

Buffalo chicken: Chicken Breast and and your choice of sauce with a stick of melted magerine. Cook on low for 5hrs or until chicken is done.

Lemon Pepper Chicken: Chicken Breast seasoned with lemon pepper, stick of melted magerine, and 1/2 cup of water. Cook on low for 5hrs or until chicken is done.

Your favorite soup over chicken. For example, cream of mushroom, cream of chicken. broccoli and cheese, and etc

I can think of any more off the top of my head but youtube has a lot of them.
  • LaurieB5578
    LaurieB5578 Posts: 1,297
    Options
    These are great!! I'm trying the mongolian beef on sunday. The kids will go crazy for it. I'm going to try these all at one point or another.
  • sabbles
    sabbles Posts: 37
    Options
    white and green chili

1 1/2 lb lean ground pork, chicken, or turkey
    1 c chopped onion
    2 - 15 oz cans great northern beans, rinsed & drained
    1 - 16 oz jar green salsa
    1 - 14 oz can chicken broth
    1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
    2 tbl chopped fresh cilantro
    1/3 sour cream (optional)

cook ground pork, chicken, or turkey and onion in a large skillet over med heat until meat is brown and onion is tender. drain off fat.

transfer meat mixture to a 3 1/2 - 4 qt slow cooker. stir in beans, broth, salsa, and cumin.

cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. stir in cilantro. serve with sour cream.
  • missbabybee
    Options
    BUMP
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    bump for tomorrow. I am going to make the cabbage rolls in the crock pot! WOOT!:flowerforyou:
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bump!! these look great!
  • 4mykids
    4mykids Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I need to start using my crock pot more... thanks for sharing everyone!
  • TJFreeman
    Options
    Bump! This is a great thread. More recipes, please!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    What kind of crockpot does everyone have? I want to get one but can't afford an expensive one. Any recommendations?
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I have a small rival that I bought at a going to school sale for $17.00 at Best Buy. It has no special features and I love it.

JAM
  • feistygirl09
    Options
    Bump!

I always like to do roast in the crock pot.

Pot roast

2-3 lbs chuck roast
    brown both sides in skillet

layer in crockpot

potatoes
    carrots
    onions
    salt & pepper to taste

put meat on top

then I pour a can of rotel on top -this is the kicker - it adds so much flavor.

Put on low 6-8 hours.
  • feistygirl09
    Options
    One more of my favorite recipes

Sausage/bean/veg soup

1 lb turkey sausage, brown & drain
    onion 1 whole diced
    celery 1 cup diced
    3 cans white beans
    3 cans chicken broth (low sodium)
    1 large can of diced tomatoes
    salt, pepper & Emerils seasoning salt to taste

Pour all ingredient into crockpot. cook on low for 6-8 hours.

1 cup serving 170 cal

My family loves this one!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I made the Mongolian Beef recipe that was posted here and it was fantastic!

Thanks,

JAM
  • SlimSasha
    SlimSasha Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the Great crockpot ideas..i heart my crockpot!!!!
  • marissa4354
    Options
    bump!