Ode to Greek Yogurt

Options
13»

Replies

• ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Chobani is by far the best brand carried in grocery stores...but the hands down best yogurt i've EVER eaten is Noosa (they only carry it at one health food store in my city), It's $2.50 for 8 oz but it is sooo worth the money! I wiped the store out last time when i bought all 11 containers they had...it tastes like an insanely decadent cheesecake- drool , it's made in Colorado from an australian recipe, i am not exaggerting...if you taste it your life will be changed forever :wink:
  • mistylnc
    mistylnc Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I didn't like greek yogurt at first either, but I eat really bad-for-me foods in the am, which makes me crave all day. So I bought it and hated it (too much like sour cream) and then started adding honey. A tsp at first ans started reducing... Good stuff.
  • mistylnc
    mistylnc Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I tried to find Noosa, no where in my area. So sad. Sounds so good!
  • ElectricMayhem
    Options
    oh btw Noosa ALMOST sent me to the emergency room for stitches after i ran my finger inside the rim to get that last little bit and a stray piece of foil cover sliced my finger right open...yeah that just happened :laugh:
  • ElectricMayhem
    Options
    I tried to find Noosa, no where in my area. So sad. Sounds so good!

I had it for the first time at christmas when my fiancee's aunt and uncle came to visit from Colorado and brought big tubs of it for the whole family (peach and strawberry rhubarb are divine- but my store only carries blueberry and mango) When i searched their website to see if it was in my area it didn't show anywhere, i actually happened upon it by accident while shopping at the health food store... i literally gasped i was so excited- yeah i'm a yogurt lover haha!
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    oh btw Noosa ALMOST sent me to the emergency room for stitches after i ran my finger inside the rim to get that last little bit and a stray piece of foil cover sliced my finger right open...yeah that just happened :laugh:
    LOVE your ticker BTW. I always say that to myself.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Take 1/2 c plain greek yogurt and mix it with 1 scoop chocolate protein powder....tastes like chocolate mousse! :love:
  • Munjoyhillgal
    Munjoyhillgal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love Greek Yogurt - it is thick and creamy and totally feels sinful. I adore the black cherry.
  • sushiforbrains
    Options
    I found that the grocery store my husband works at carries Noosa. Oh my goodness this stuff is amazing! I bought raspberry and mango, eating some of the raspberry right now!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I just got a container of Chobani Greek Plain yogurt.

OMG
    Its CREAMY, thick, FAT FREE!!!, no gross liquid at the top when I open it, adopts whatever flavor you want it to, can be eaten as a snack, dessert, or condiment. Wow.

It is more expensive than I would like it to be. Normally expensive would be a deal breaker, but because it is so thick I dont think I could eat an entire portion of it in one sitting like I can with regular plain yogurt. The cost may actually even out.

Average "sale" price at various outlets for the individual serving is $1 each. Good value for money and great breakfast. Mix it with your favorite fruits and so on.
  • EJand94
    EJand94 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh My Gosh. Fage Greek yogurt is SO MUCH BETTER than chobani!! but i agree, greek yogurt is the bomb
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Why does fat free matter?

Because people are stuck in the whole "I need to keep away from the fat" mindset still.

For me, full fat Fage is the only yogurt I will eat.
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yes, Chobani is good and has many great flavors, but I like Oikos better. If only they had more flavors.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it. I think Fage is even better than Chobani.

Agreed. I eat the *kitten* out of Fage 0% Plain Greek Yogurt... I mix in frozen berries, vanilla extract, and some stevia. Sometimes I also mix in some 1% cottage cheese for texture.

Love. It.

I buy several of the large containers each week. It's awesome stuff: Lots of protein. :)
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Try the Black Cherry. Me & my sister in-law both commented that we wanted to lick out the container! How can anything soooo good be good for you? Better than ice cream!

That's my favorite flavor too. A lot of times it's my dessert. Our grocery store shelves about empty out whenever it goes on sale too!

What i'm looking forward to is the new Stonyfield Oikos Greek FROZEN yogurt.

Make your self some veggie dip with the plain greek yogurt. Makes eating raw veggies much more fun. I have used just dip mixes like Spinach Veggie or Ranch Hidden Valley. You can put it in a food processor with scallions, spinach, carrots, water chestnuts, garlic, red bell pepper, etc. Anything that wants you to use sour cream can be done with plain greek yogurt.

Puree Cauliflower and add in some plain greek yogurt and S&P. Yum!

i'm sure there are more uses for plain yogurt. Chobani has a ton of recipes on their Pinterest board for baking with Chobani.
  • xjocelynx87
    Options
    I LOVE it. I think Fage is even better than Chobani.

Agreed. Fage 2% plain. Omg. I die.
  • NonDebutante
    NonDebutante Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Because people are stuck in the whole "I need to keep away from the fat" mindset still.

For me, full fat Fage is the only yogurt I will eat.

The last time I tried to lose weight before now, it was all about the "I need to keep away from the fat" mindset, and I haven't read or heard anything to the contrary since. Can you say some more about why fat intake shouldn't be measured (and "excess" fat avoided)? It would be really nice to not worry about fat intake!
  • NonDebutante
    NonDebutante Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oh and I lovelovelove Greek yogurt. :flowerforyou:
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I use Chobani greek in my morning smoothies. Individual cups are only $1 at my local market (Wegman's).
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,857 Member
    Options

Because you can eat more of it! LOL! :laugh:

Chobani, how do I love thee
    Let me count the ways
    Plain with honey for breakfast
    Blood orange for a morning snack
    Peach at lunch and blueberry after
    And at the end of the day,
    I love the sweet creaminess
    Of pineapple
    Instead of ice cream

Did I mention before
    And after workouts? :drinker: (The little drinker guy is actually eating Greek yogurt)!