Hoping to meet positive friends

Options
rldavis009
rldavis009 Posts: 10 Member
Hi, My name is Renee.... I am really, really wanting to lose this 60 extra pounds I have been packing around the last 14 years or so and be strong and confident again. I was always very active and fit, could do whatever I wanted, but after my boys both started school I started working and sitting on my hind end all day long and the weight just crept on and on and on... Uhg, I don't recognize myself and I spend so much of my day trying to cope with how uncomfortable I feel, it just silly bad energy. Both my sons are now moving up and out, like lots of girls, I want to take this time for myself. For awhile no more cooking big dinners (and breakfast and lunches) and all that goes with that. Also truly I'm going to miss them so much that I need to focus on myself or I'll go crazy. Hoping to meet some encouraging folks to trudge forward with and do the same for them. Thanks and chin up : )

Replies

• NavaGirl35
    NavaGirl35 Posts: 36
    Options
    hi ......you can do this....setting your mind to a healthy lifestyle is a start..... feel free to add me.....
  • memmers
    memmers Posts: 112
    Options
    You can do it! I have 60 lbs to lose as well! Feel free to add me! :)
  • tracym1971
    tracym1971 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    :happy: you've joined the right site, people here are lovely.

Good luck. I look forward to seeing how you progress xx :happy:
  • Cely21
    Cely21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Renee!! You came to the right place.. Feel free 2 add me. :happy:
  • Chuckswifee
    Chuckswifee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi looking for support feel free to add me
  • mdianne58
    mdianne58 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sending u a request to add u right now.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, there !

That's sort of what happened to me ...... saw a photo of myself & didn't even recognize that person anymore ...... I thought THAT'S NOT ME, and started doing something about it ....... small changes done consistently make for big differences ...... choose the healthiest options at each meal and get some "E" ...... and have fun !

;o )
  • Louise816
    Louise816 Posts: 2
    Options
    I understand how you feel and am starting my journey as well, feel free to add me if you like
  • aussiegirl1990
    aussiegirl1990 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Renee, I'm new to this site as well. Feel free to add me as a support network online helps as much as one in RL. :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started 2 days ago and I have 60 pounds to lose, too. I came here for support just like you. Add me as a friend....I will do my best to help! Good luck!
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Hi Renee!

I've got about 75lbs to lose and I'm always looking for positive friends. I'm sending a friend request right now. Anyone else can feel free to add me as well.!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi cupcake! So happy that you are choosing to melt your extra fluff off,awesome first step to not letting the fluff edit the story of your life :) Just sent you an add :)
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey Renee welcome aboard feel free to add me I'm on every day!:smile:
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Hanne. My first goal is 30lbs, though long term I want to lose about 60.
  • missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hi. im struggling with weight loss aswell, got 32 more pounds to loose to get to a healthy bmi. feel free to add me :) am happy to support you xxx
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    You can add me:!
  • Mickey111970
    Options
    Hi Renee, I'm right there with you on the 60 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me as well.
  • nancycw64
    nancycw64 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi, I just sent you a friend request. I'm fairly new to MFP too - loving the accountability and support!
  • Jherri23
    Jherri23 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm barely starting and have no friends either. Add me and we can help encourage each other. Best wishes!
    Jherri
  • Chigger56
    Chigger56 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi Renee!! Welcome to MFP!!! It really is an awesome sight with a lot of support. I started out wanting to lose 50 lbs. I am now at having lost ALMOST 30 lbs!! I can't believe it!! Am sending you a friend request if you need a supportive friend!! Good luck on your journey!!