May-June 30DS challenge. Join here!

Options
Im going to start 30DS today (maybe tomorrow if i can get hubby to turn off baseball lol). Does anyone want to do the 30 day challenge with me? I would love to have a little team support going on! Feel free to join and encourage each other.

Please list your info. Record as much as you know. This will give you some measurements to compare at the end of the challenge. If possible, take a picture on day 1, day 10, day 20, day 30. Will be neat to see the changes :D

Height: 5 foot 2
Current Weight: 188lb
BF%: 42.5
Neck: 14 in
Bust: 45 in
Waist: 37 in
Hips: 44 in
Thighs: (R) 25 in (L) 24.5 in
Arms: (R) 13 in (L) 13 in

Other Activities: Zumba (Wii), Power Walking, Elliptical

Im looking forward to this (and kind of scared! LOL). Just do whatever you can, whenever you can. If you need to stay on level one, no shame in that! Just work at your own pace and see what you can do. Feel free to share any updates or accomplishments as the days go on. No need to wait until day 30. But do make sure you give your final result when you reach the end!

This thread is for support, encouragement, and motivation. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Buller? :yawn:
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have been procrastinating about starting so here goes!!! I'll post measurements later.
  • Persephone2003
    Persephone2003 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in for this! I was actually planning to start today anyways but I said to myself "Self, you should see if anyone else is planning on this too!" So here's my measurements:

Height: 5' 5
    Current Weight: 149
    Neck: 13
    Bust: 38
    Waist: 36
    Hips: 41
    Thighs: (r) 21 (l) 21
    Arms: (r) 11 (l) 11

I'll try to get pics up later :)
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    im in too :)

height:5'2"
    weight:186.2
    neck:14
    Bust:37
    waist:37
    Hips:42.5
    Thighs: (r) 24 (l) 24
    Arms: (r) 13 (l) 13
  • Falling2Grace
    Options
    Woohoo! So excited for this group!!!!

We can keep stats of inches and pounds lost too :D

I'll take my first picture tonight (hopefully!)
  • NeekyRae
    NeekyRae Posts: 34
    Options
    You know I'm game!

Start Date 5/20/2012

Height- 5' 5"
    Weight- 201
    Neck- 14"
    Bust- 41"
    Waist- 35"
    Hips- 47"
    Arms (L)- 15" (R)-15"
    Thighs (L)- 29" (R)-29"

I'd like to be at least 195 within 30 days (hopefully more!)
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started today and took my measurements and everything! ;)

Height: 5'7"
    BF%: 26
    Weight: 140
    Waist: 29
    Belly Button: 33
    Hips: 39
    Bust: 34
    Thigh: 22
    Calf: 15
    Bicep: 11
    Neck: 13
    Forearm: 9
    Wrist: 6

I also run.

Good luck! I'm adding you all!
  • kimiebee
    kimiebee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am in...it is winter down here in AUstralia and I am struggling to find the motivation to exercise and stick with it....will post up my measurements and hopefully a before pic soon...looking forward to seeing everyones results
  • Falling2Grace
    Options
    Im going to start tomorrow :) [May 21st, 2012]

Anyone know how many calories one burns while doing this workout?
  • Persephone2003
    Options

I think most people log it as circuit training. It's usually around 200 calories from what I've seen.
  • Falling2Grace
    Options

I think most people log it as circuit training. It's usually around 200 calories from what I've seen.

very good. thank you!
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am in - I started three days ago and I have to say at this point I hate Jillian first two days I could hardly sit on the toilet and when I tried to use my arms to push myself off that was not much better.

I have to admit it is day three and I was able to do more push ups that I was the first day however my fat roll hurts when it jumps up and down dowing the cardio....:ohwell: I guess in the long term it will be worth it. I am writing from work so that I dont have my measurements -

My start weight is 218.5 - when I get home I will put the rest in!

So excited to meet you guys and shred along with you - hope that you guys are if I add you as friends. I can use all the encouragement I can get:drinker:
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking I'm going to do the Shred again and then bail on it. BUT it is getting to swimsuit season and I really need to do something. Going to commit this time!

Will take measurements & photo in the morning...going to bed early to make sure I get up to do it!
  • NeekyRae
    NeekyRae Posts: 34
    Options
    I am in - I started three days ago and I have to say at this point I hate Jillian first two days I could hardly sit on the toilet and when I tried to use my arms to push myself off that was not much better.

I have to admit it is day three and I was able to do more push ups that I was the first day however my fat roll hurts when it jumps up and down dowing the cardio....:ohwell: I guess in the long term it will be worth it. I am writing from work so that I dont have my measurements -

My start weight is 218.5 - when I get home I will put the rest in!

So excited to meet you guys and shred along with you - hope that you guys are if I add you as friends. I can use all the encouragement I can get:drinker:

I LOVE Jillian! (I may not starting tomorrow lol) Hoping this works for me. I've been wanting to do this for awhile. Good luck hun!
  • Persephone2003
    Options
    Ok let's do some starting pics :)

NPg6wl.jpg?1

89TUzl.jpg?1

F7H82l.jpg?1
  • Brittni__duh
    Brittni__duh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Unfortunately my fiance and I are in the process of moving so my tape measure, camera, and scale are all packed up so I can't give current measurements. But the last time I weighed myself, I was 151 lbs at 5'4". Doing the shred every day has been hard for me. I've started so many times but never made it past level one. Hopefully this helps :]
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    Wish I would have found you guys when I started 13 days ago (now on Level 2...ugh). Good Luck all of you!!!
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Will start day 1 tomorrow...
  • GoddessJuliya
    GoddessJuliya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ~Hey everyone! I'm glad I found this thread - I just bought 30 DS on last Thursday and have yet to try it! Mondays are busy days for me so I really won't have a chance to start it plus I have Zumba Gold on Monday nights so I don't want to be too sore for class and have it ruined for me. Anyways my stats are:

Height - 4' 11
    SW:218.4lbs - 2/12/12
    CW:211.2 lbs - 5/20/12
    BMI - 36.6
    Bust - 39.0 - 5/6/12
    Waist - 41.5 - 5/6/12
    Hips -47 -5/6/12 (done by myself thou so not sure if it's an accurate measurement)

I don't currently have my camera handy to take before pics but I'll take some & post them before I start the DVD on early Thursday evening after work. And if anyone in this forum wants to add me, before pics from when I joined on 2/12/12 are on my profile.

~Goddess J :-)
  • Zonera15
    Zonera15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I just started 30DS two days ago! I hope to stick to for the full 30 days without breaks as the workout is only 24 minutes long. I have been going to the gym consistently since I've gotten back from university. I've decided to only do about 30 minutes on the elliptical instead of my usual 45 and do Shred afterwards. Hopefully I'll get results from this as my sister's wedding is coming up! My measurements from day 1 are as follows:

Height: 5'1''
    Weight: 156.8 lbs
    Waist (at belly button): 32.5 inches
    Hip: 40 inches
    Thighs: 24 inches

Those are all the measurements I have taken and plan on following. I really hope I can get the same results as some of the other ladies on here! Good luck to everyone! :)