That talk you're talking.

Options

Replies

• ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i had a stroke a few years back, was paralyzed for a short time, and have made an amazing recovery. to the point where you'd NEVER know it happened. People tell me i'm an inspiration, i say i'm lucky. YOU, amazing girl, are an inspiration. YOU are fabulous, and beautiful, and have a great heart, and are more wise than those girls could ever hope to be.

:heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You're amazing and thank you for posting this!:heart:
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Thank you so much for sharing not your struggles...but your accomplishments!! I am glad you have found your strength and can now look beyond those shallow ones we meet in life who have NO CLUE what road we have walked. I have had Lupus and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since I was 16. I also have a special needs child and a husband in the military who deploys. I learned early on sitting and whining will get you no where. Recently I learned this isn't a competition with others, but with your own personal best. You are perfect example of this.

Girl, I wish you nothing but the best of luck. You are beyond awesome!!

:heart:
    Sherry
  • WelcomeToWonderland
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words to me, its very appreciated but this is kind of what i was talking about when others say evil and hurtful things. It's not just comments about peoples weight that hurt its those things said that do to. My hope was for everyone to be more conscience about what they say to others because as much as it hurts when someone says something bad about them its the same for the other person. Please, everyone be friendly and encouraging to others.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Thank you for your kind words TO ME its very appreciated but this is kind of what i was talking about when others say evil and hurtful things. It's not just comments about peoples weight that hurt its those things said that do to. My hope was for everyone to be more conscience about what they say to others because as much as it hurts when someone says something bad about them its the same for the other person. Please, everyone be friendly and encouraging to others.

Its the reason I re-edited my response and removed it and I do apologize for that, I just do not like seeing drama that shouldnt be taking over someone elses very inspiring and motivating thread. :) please do accept my apology.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You are very brave and you should be proud of yourself.
  • wannadance
    wannadance Posts: 59
    Options
    I know it has been said a number of times on here already, but you truly are amazing - thank you for sharing xo
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I almost have no words that seem worthy enough to reply to this. So I'll just say thank you for sharing, you are amazing, and I wish you all the very best for the future!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    OP: you should be insanely proud of yourself. You've accomplished more already than those girls will in their entire lifetime. I love your fighting spirit and I wish nothing but great things for your future.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are amazing. Wise too. Not only am I impressed with your original post, but with how you applied the wisdom in that post to the bit of hijacking that happened. You are right that words from unkind others can be very hurtful. You are also right that we can triumph over them, especially when we take time to notice 1) what we have and 2) how far we've come.
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration you are. Thank You for sharing your story and putting things in perspective for people like me who say "I can't" "I'm too tired to exercise" I'm not good enough" etc., etc., etc.
    I hope you know how amazing you are .... you're a fighter and such an inspiration!

So well worded. You are a miracle right in our midst! What a way to show us what pansies we are. You are awesome with your attitude and what you have overcome and I applaud and admire you. Please post again, you have a talent writing, and we all want to know how you are doing from now on.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You are incredible. Not many people have the strength to get up and do what you've done. Congratulations!
  • Purplebfly333
    Purplebfly333 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You are so right. Recently I had to let go of some relationships that were causing me pain, and live my life. Guess what, I have been so much happier.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry your beautiful post of courage and determination has been tainted.

As with all things, you have to take the good with the bad. However, it is my hope that for this post you can take the good and ignore the bad.

Continue being the beautiful woman you are. Godspeed to good health.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    What you overcame is truly amazing! I agree with some of the others, you are BADASS!!!
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You rock!!! I have a child with special needs and I only hope he's half as brave as you are! Kudos!!
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Oh h*** YEAH!

Those snotty little hs brats have nothing on you! I' bet when any adversity comes their way they cry to mommy and daddy and they get their little noses wiped for them.

You have to do it all, and overcome it all, and you do it! Every day!

Keep it going! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It's all been said but couldn't not say it myself - I'm sorry you've had to deal with so much already in your life but I'm inpired by your attitude and by how far you've come. You are simply amazing and wonderfully brave, strong and persistent. Thanks for sharing your story. Keep showing us what it's all about.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    you are amazing!

I have trouble complaining about anything when I know there are people like you in the world. I have so much admiration for people like you who have overcome adversity and triumphed. At my church there is a guy in his 30's who became a paraplegic due to a freak accident ( a dock collapsed, he fell in the water, hit his head and drowned). Once he went through rehab and got as much function as possible, he went back to college and got his degree. Now about 10 years out from his accident, he has a job as a computer geek for a major bank, lives on his own ( 2 hours of assistance a day--1 hr each in the am and pm), drives an adaptive van and leads a full life.

take peace in the fact that with all your *issues* you are still more woman than those little girls can ever hope to be!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Wow. Have you ever considered a career as a motivational speaker? Because I am totally blown away. Thank you for sharing.