• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    The real question, Erin, is: Does the scale needle spin backwards
    in austrailia
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    DAY 3 for me - have not looked! I finally had to put the scale away so I wouldn't be so tempted. I am feeling good about this challenge though, and I hope to be pleasantly surprised when I step back on there BEFORE Thanksgiving dinner!
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Day Four and i still haven't looked!:flowerforyou:
  • Najah5150
    Options
    Day two...haven't looked yet. (I probably would have if I knew where my scale was). I'm SO glad that my boyfriend hid it from me. LOL! Sad huh? I had to have someone hide my scale so I wouldn't be tempted to get on it until Thanksgiving day.

Naj:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Haven't looked. Every time I want to (which is a lot) I try to take a breath and focus on how good my body feels. It's helping (kinda:wink: )

Banks, I so relate to the scale addiction as being yet another negative self-destructive behavior. I'm trying to learn that positive feedback from my/our own powerful, strong and healthy body/ies is what I/we really need.

(I'm trying really hard to follow my own advice here...)

Stay strong, my scale-less brothers and sisters!
  • Petal
    Petal Posts: 27
    Options
    Day three of diet diary and not cheated once. Drank loads of water today so jelly wobbling considerably:drinker:
    The diary really brings home the fact that I eat a whole lot of rubbish, so plan to attempt major change in habits as of tomorrow....When I see everything I`ve consumed in a day, its quite a shock. Do we really eat so much? even when we feel we have not eaten a lot?

DAY 2 of not going near the scale...aaaargh!!! its pretty hectic as my scale is in the bathroom and every time I go for widdle or to brush my teeth or have a shower etc, there`s the damn scale staring up at me like forbidden fruit. I swear its worse than watching a scary movie :noway:

:flowerforyou: and good luck to everyone facing and turning away from the scale xxx
  • sistersscn
    Options
    OK Day 3 so far so good Not easy though I may need to hide the scale soon It keeps calling my name. Good luck everyone
  • serenity1272
    Options
    I am so on board....I finish womens boot camp in another 2 weeks....I HAVE to be weighed & remeasured then but I won't for at least until then...weight is a number...fitting into those size 20's from my current 24....oh yea...much better than a scale!!!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Oh no! The scale:devil: caught me, I'm sorry thought I could kick the habit. I might have to have someone hide it so I don't see it:sad:
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The real question, Erin, is: Does the scale needle spin backwards
    in austrailia

Ha!!!

I wish!!!!
  • banks1850
    Options
    It's ok kjllose,

We all have our little setbacks. How'd ya do anyway?
    Oh, BTW, day 5 still ok.
  • tdroseler
    Options
    banks: kudos to you...you are doing awesome, keep it up

kjlose: i would normally say " it's ok, just jump back on"...but i don't think it would work here, lol.
    You are doing your best. That is what matters. Maybe this time round it will last longer. The more you keep trying the further you will go. Hiding it out of sight would help as well yes.

sister: ditto for you, lol....good going, 3 days down...and shove the scale under the bed, lol.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi Banks, it said 179.8:smile: but this morning I said :noway: am I getting on you and stuck it in a closet lol. Out of sight out of mind. I'm going to be so busy over the next few days I won't have time to look at it even. This is Vermont and we have youth hunting season this weekend and we usually have a boy or two in town and even out of town who want to learn to hunt, so hubby does the teaching and I do the feeding of the crew and am the morale officer (lol) for the boys. But right now I'm the java queen:drinker: so I can get all the pre-hunting camp stuff done. Have a good weekend if I don't get to post and I'll try to be strong when it comes to the scale.:bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Bery hard right now, as Friday is my usual weigh in day. Taking a deep breath and not doing it (about to eat breakfast, and then the time is past.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It's Friday and I haven't stepped on the scale since Tuesday, Day one!

I haven't been able to exercise much this week but I've been watching my calories. Except for Halloween, I haven't done so bad...

Happy Friday Everyone! It's supposed to be a glorious weekend for us here! Possibly in the 80's! Imagine that!

Angela :glasses:
  • banks1850
    Options
    Great work everyone! I had a close call this morning in the work gym, I had a contest of wills with the scale, I came very close to loosing too! But I thought of all the work everyone on here is doing and prevailed! now I am :glasses: as a cucumber
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Day Five and I'm still going strong. Hid the scale last night cause it was really calling my name. I know I've done well this week in watching my calories and exercising cause my body feels healthier. II'm itching to know how much i weigh. :drinker:
  • Najah5150
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!!
    I'm still hangin in there! Haven't stepped on a scale since 10/30. There's even one here in the womens bathroom at work and one at the gym that I go to. Didn't even have the urge either.

Best of luck to everyone over the weekend...no PEEKING:wink: ,
    Naj
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me!!! I have not looked! I really didn't even think about it this morning, it's getting easier!
  • reneejodobbs
    Options
    I am in. I think this is great. I will start today.